Duke4.net Forums: I was finally able to be banned from the gearbox forum. - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I was finally able to be banned from the gearbox forum.

Captain awesome. How come i think the same of you all the time. It's like you want to insult people. And stop comparing an ignore button with hitler.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostFox, on 25 August 2011 - 02:19 PM, said:

C'mon, a user posting won't bring the end of the world...

And neither did Hitler. You missed the point of Lemmy's Godwinian Analogy. He's merely saying that if you have an issue with something ignoring it is not the proper method.

View Postrasmus thorup, on 25 August 2011 - 03:04 PM, said:

Captain awesome. How come i think the same of you all the time. It's like you want to insult people. And stop comparing an ignore button with hitler.

Sometimes I do want to insult people. I'll be honest about it. Generally unless my posts are insane, you can just take them as the honest ramblings of some loon. Take'em with a grain of salt. Usually though, my words have an essence of truth, and I genuinely care about whatever I'm talking about. Otherwise, I wouldn't bother. I just lack basic social skills.

Also, I'd love to know who downvoted my post that was talking about how rating someone by their relationship status is stupid. That is comedy to me, and I'd like to congratulate you on being funny.

This post has been edited by Captain Awesome: 25 August 2011 - 03:36 PM

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 25 August 2011 - 08:58 AM, said:

“I don't understand people who believe that if you ignore something, it'll go away. That's completely wrong - if it's ignored, it gathers strength. Europe ignored Hitler for twenty years... As a result, he slaughtered a quarter of the world.” - Lemmy Kilmister

Godwin's Law rules! Sorry Lemmy, but that's an idiotic analogy. Although, I don't know whether or not he was making it about ignoring everything, but when you bring up Hitler/Nazi analogy it is almost always idiotic.

I'm not going to ignore a user, because he'll still be posting all kinds of stupid bullshit that other people have to read.

The more people will ignore the less user will post. That is especially true about the trolls, which he probably isn't, but it would still work.

View PostFox, on 25 August 2011 - 02:19 PM, said:

C'mon, a user posting won't bring the end of the world...

...only if he's not Hitler.

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 25 August 2011 - 03:32 PM, said:

Sometimes I do want to insult people. I'll be honest about it.

:) I'm shocked!

This post has been edited by Helel: 25 August 2011 - 07:37 PM

User is offline   Jeff 

Threatening anyone, even if it's just a joke, could be considered a criminal offense.

^^ Thank you Scruff McGruff

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostJeff, on 26 August 2011 - 12:14 AM, said:

Threatening anyone, even if it's just a joke, could be considered a criminal offense.

I don't agree with what he said. It was uber-retarded... But he didn't threaten anyone. Hoping/wishing someone dies is not the same thing as making a threat.

"I hope you die in a plane crash." - wish

"I'm gonna crash your plane and kill you." - threat

Neither are right, but they are different, and it is very important that the difference be realized here. A couple of folks almost seem like they want to imply legal recourse should be taken, or want to establish a precedence for that. Just sayin'. Posted Image

Douche baggery of this sort shouldn't be tolerated, and even though I hate the GBX forums for their anal attitude about, well, everything. This reaction was way the Hell over the top!

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 25 August 2011 - 05:54 AM, said:

Can I ever get on the forums without reading some inane bullshit you've posted?

I'm insane, and I'm fucking proud of it! Also by insane, I mean I don't confine myself. Also, I do agree with what you said with that quote by Lemmy Kilmister, whoever the hell he is... I think people are just scared of you being right with that one.

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostSpirrwell, on 26 August 2011 - 10:22 AM, said:

I'm insane, and I'm fucking proud of it! Also by insane, I mean I don't confine myself.
Posted Image
He said "inane".

• tile 1018

View PostHelel, on 26 August 2011 - 11:25 AM, said:

Posted Image
He said "inane".

That's why I said inSane... To prove him right in all aspects. It's a tricky psychological concept. You had to ruin it... Oh well.

Edit:
...Who voted me back up?

This post has been edited by Spirrwell: 28 August 2011 - 02:29 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

What? It's a noncrime.

View PostSpirrwell, on 26 August 2011 - 10:22 AM, said:

I'm insane, and I'm fucking proud of it! Also by insane, I mean I don't confine myself. Also, I do agree with what you said with that quote by Lemmy Kilmister, whoever the hell he is... I think people are just scared of you being right with that one.

Now I know you're stupid. You cannot read the word inane, you then try to cover up that you probably didn't know what the word meant, and then you don't know who Lemmy is. Jesus Christ.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

90% of what everybody does on the Internet could be considered a criminal offense.

• tile 1018

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 28 August 2011 - 03:33 PM, said:

Now I know you're stupid. You cannot read the word inane, you then try to cover up that you probably didn't know what the word meant, and then you don't know who Lemmy is. Jesus Christ.

Fuck, you're stupid Captain Assome. I'm fifteen, and I read the dictionary for fun sometimes. You also may notice that in another thread I said you weren't stupid, in this case I was responding to your response. Also, I agreed with you, then you call me stupid, in which case you're calling yourself stupid. The only way you could get out of it is by admitting I was telling the truth when I said I knew you said inane. What's so much more amazing is that you seem so dedicated to verbally abuse an already psychologically damaged child on the Internet? It just makes you look like an asshole.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

You're full of shit, and I see right through you.

User is offline   ---- 

A few things:

1. Lemmy doesn't say stupid things.

Well, that's all, so far.

:( :(

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options