Duke4.net Forums: Duke Plus Laser Pistol - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Plus Laser Pistol  "Need the 2d Sprite"

User is offline   Bruce 

I got back to playing Duke 3D after a long break. I really dislike all the 3D models and such so I mostly stick to the originals. However I love Duke Plus and I remember this laser pistol the alien troop commanders would drop. Now unfortunately that said laser pistol has been given a new 3D skin and model. I would love to have the old 2D sprite back somehow but its impossible to find an old Duke Plus version.

Is there any way I can disable the 3D model for that gun or can someone send me an old version of Duke Plus ?

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

You could try one of these. But I don't remember what was the last version using that laser maybe 2.20

AllDukeplusbyForge

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostBruce, on 12 August 2011 - 06:36 AM, said:

I got back to playing Duke 3D after a long break. I really dislike all the 3D models and such so I mostly stick to the originals. However I love Duke Plus and I remember this laser pistol the alien troop commanders would drop. Now unfortunately that said laser pistol has been given a new 3D skin and model. I would love to have the old 2D sprite back somehow but its impossible to find an old Duke Plus version.

Is there any way I can disable the 3D model for that gun or can someone send me an old version of Duke Plus ?

Unzip the attached dukeplus.def file into your DukePlus folder and overwrite the old one. All I did was comment out the lines for the laser pistol hud and pickup models.

Attached File(s)

User is offline   Bruce 

View PostDeeperThought, on 12 August 2011 - 07:02 AM, said:

Unzip the attached dukeplus.def file into your DukePlus folder and overwrite the old one. All I did was comment out the lines for the laser pistol hud and pickup models.

Thanks so much! Works like a charm!

User is offline   Zaero 

Is there a simple way to bring back Gambini's laser pistol to DP 2.30 and Attrittion 1.35? I prefer it becouse it looks more like the one carried by troopers.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options