• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Copied from a post on reddit.com  "I loved this breakdown, what do you think?"

User is offline   X-Vector 

"Innovation is for pussies"

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

View PostX-Vector, on 10 August 2011 - 01:58 AM, said:

That's the standard defense mechanism over at the Gearbox forum and unfortunately it has also reared its head on the 3DR board somewhat.

What I'd like to know though is what's so special about DNF's multiplayer.
It's the saving grace of the game according to some, but to me it just seems like late nineties MP in a Duke Nukem skin.
It doesn't appear to contain any sort of genuine innovation and quite frankly, if I want to play late nineties MP, I'll play the original Unreal Tournament or Quake 3.

What about capture the bimbo--- I mean babe :)... Kidding.

User is offline   Night Wolf 

View PostX-Vector, on 10 August 2011 - 01:58 AM, said:

What I'd like to know though is what's so special about DNF's multiplayer.
It's the saving grace of the game according to some, but to me it just seems like late nineties MP in a Duke Nukem skin.
It doesn't appear to contain any sort of genuine innovation and quite frankly, if I want to play late nineties MP, I'll play the original Unreal Tournament or Quake 3.

The multiplayer just seemed more Duke to me, even the humor was better.
And lets not forget it had one major thing missing from the single player.....The Jetpack.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I found the multiplayer to be lukewarm. Too many retards getting a jetpack and the devastator.

• tile 1018

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 10 August 2011 - 11:27 AM, said:

I found the multiplayer to be lukewarm. Too many retards getting a jetpack and the devastator.

... They're easy enough to take down.

Didn't expect so much hate on this forum. Oh well.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostSpirrwell, on 10 August 2011 - 01:11 PM, said:

... They're easy enough to take down.

Not really. I didn't get into the MP until much later, and I'm not exactly a veteran. All too often I'll spawn with a pistol and just end up getting shot from behind by some jackass spamming everywhere.

• tile 1018

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 10 August 2011 - 05:10 PM, said:

Not really. I didn't get into the MP until much later, and I'm not exactly a veteran. All too often I'll spawn with a pistol and just end up getting shot from behind by some jackass spamming everywhere.

Spammers are vulnerable from farther away, and jetpack spammers' jetpacks are vulnerable to being exploded. With a bit of strategy, it's pretty easy... Except for when they grab invincibility :/

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options