Duke4.net Forums: A nice Remake of the track "Gotham" in Rabid Transit - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A nice Remake of the track "Gotham" in Rabid Transit

Truth be told, "Gotham" was always the track which i found most touching/moving out of the Duke 3D Soundtrack.
Just came across Fastels remake of the track on youtube,

Has anyone heard of his stuff before?

its not perfect but its the best remake of this track I've heard yet.

It really captures the emotion of the original well imo.

Some of his other remakes are nice too, others maybe not so nice.

This post has been edited by EARTH DEFENCE FORCES: 03 August 2011 - 12:06 PM

Just listened to Novaks remix of the track properly and it sounds nice too, obviously more finished/mastered.

Fastels version of Water World is nice too, in both tracks however it sounds like the wrong note plays sometimes.

Not sure if its intentional or not.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Bart Klepka did some very nice mixes of Gotham and Water World, I think they're here on Duke4.

Thanks, Barts Gotham remix can be downloaded/streamed from here:

http://beemp3.com/do...669&song=Gotham

I'm not too gone on the synth sounds but the beat is nice.

His Water World Remix can be downloaded here:

http://www.fileplane...-Frequency-Mix)

Would there be any interest in a "suggested tracks to use in Duke 3D TCs/mods thread"?

People could suggest tracks to suit various atmospheres and stuff, was thinking of putting up one a few weeks ago.

This post has been edited by EARTH DEFENCE FORCES: 05 August 2011 - 11:45 AM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

If there were to be such a thread, it really shouldn't have any remixes of the original duke songs, unless they were significantly different.

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

View PostEARTH DEFENCE FORCES, on 03 August 2011 - 12:03 PM, said:

Truth be told, "Gotham" was always the track which i found most touching/moving out of the Duke 3D Soundtrack.
Just came across Fastels remake of the track on youtube,

Has anyone heard of his stuff before?

its not perfect but its the best remake of this track I've heard yet.

It really captures the emotion of the original well imo.

Yeah this version really captures the feel of the original, besides my remix was more electronic / chill oriented and not expecting resemble the original.

Fastel has various nice versions of almost all the soundtrack.

This post has been edited by Norvak: 05 August 2011 - 07:06 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostMicky C, on 05 August 2011 - 06:31 PM, said:

If there were to be such a thread, it really shouldn't have any remixes of the original duke songs, unless they were significantly different.

Why not? Some people work on Duke themed mods and the original tracks always feel right at home, and a remix just makes it interesting.

View PostMicky C, on 05 August 2011 - 06:31 PM, said:

I should have been more clear, i didn't mean remixes of Duke tracks when i was writing that post, which is misleading seen as i posted it in this thread!

i just meant any tracks at all that may suit a mod, or even just levels for duke. Remixes or no remixes.

It would mainly be atmospheric electronic tracks i would be suggesting, and if the tracks were too long i'd be willing to re-edit them for people,
to cut them down without a jump thats too noticeable.

This post has been edited by EARTH DEFENCE FORCES: 18 August 2011 - 11:38 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options