Duke4.net Forums: Dnf Pc System Requirements? - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dnf Pc System Requirements?

User is offline   rockmx8 

I meant to say DNF PC SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS REVEALED? Any ways...
Taken from Shacknews:

http://www.shacknews...n.x?id=16188138

Vincent Grayson asked:

Let's say you had $3k to build a new PC today, what would be the use of that money?

GeorgeB3DR replied:

Spend 1500 and get a quad core, 4 gigs ram and an 8800 and be good for 3 years. party with the rest.

Then Eldersveld said:

^ DNF system requirements right here folks

I agree, this could be the system requirements for DNF.

User is offline   godlike 

I dont believe that this is what GB said. He just answered the first question.

Given the technology we saw in the teaser this requirements are very high. Also if we assume that the game will ship within a year, they are pretty high once again. DNF doesnt look like crysis (not even close to be honest) and it needs greater PC to run? This is somewhat improbable IMHO.

We also have to consider that 3DR never pushed our PC to the edge. They were creating games with realistic system requirements so everyone can enjoy them.

Also there are mentions from 3DR that DNF may ship to consoles eventually. With requirements like that I dont think this is possible.

Its a little bit early to speak about system specs. Let us see the long awaited media and then we will have a better opinion.

PS: The new trailer is taking awfully long

User is offline   Nihilanth 

I can tell you with a 100% certainty that these are NOT system requirements. If ANYTHING, these are recommended specs for max details.

User is offline   kaisersoze 

• Honored Donor

Absolutely not DNF system requirements and one of the reasons George barely posts on the official DNF forums imo.

He gave his opinion/recommendations on a system designed around gaming.
Nothing more than that.

The closest he came to any type of system requirements is that he mentioned a few months back that he was pretty sure the game will need a minimum of a dual core processor to run. Of course, that may very well change as well as they optimize things.

I can pick up a quad core, 3 gig ram, 250+ gig hard drive and 8800 gt for $1,000 or a bit less right now. (Actually will be doing this within the next few months btw)

That should handle any game currently with relative ease and as George says, give you 3 solid years of use without worrying about additional upgrades.

User is offline   django 

I don't know about the 3 year. I have quad core, 4 gigs of ram and an 8800 gtx and crysis don't run that well. In a year games will be heavier than now, and more like crysis or even worse.

User is offline   trackit 

hehe django, you have specs as high as they can go... i dont think you can get anything better to run cryisis :)

User is offline   Danule 

once they optimize the 4 cores, than crysis will be running smoother.

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

If you can't run Crysis to your satisfaction at those specs, you need lower expectations. I can run Crysis quite well with medium-low or so on a Pentium D dual core, 1 gig of ram (I have added another gig, but I haven't played Crysis since the upgrade) and a 7600 GT.
Some people these days need to learn to appreciate other things besides graphics.

And, those are not System specs, just what George would do with 3K to build a computer. Frankly, I think just about everyone would agree with him on those specs too. Maybe some would want to be more specific on the MoBo or something, but for the most part. . .you get the point.

Move along, nothing to see here.

Well I just posted it for all you P.C. Gamers out here, I am getting the console version. Sorry and thanks.

User is offline   Danule 

View Postrockmx8, on Feb 6 2008, 10:00 PM, said:

Well I just posted it for all you P.C. Gamers out here, I am getting the console version. Sorry and thanks.

ew

View PostDanule, on Feb 7 2008, 03:23 PM, said:

ew

oh well.

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

if DNF comes out this year or next the best guese will be the minimun specs of:
2.8GHZ,1gb of ram,256mb video card and about 10gb or so gb of space

thats just my guese i dont have internal info or anything or am i claiming to

User is offline   aftli 

View Postdjango, on Feb 6 2008, 09:41 AM, said:

I don't know about the 3 year. I have quad core, 4 gigs of ram and an 8800 gtx and crysis don't run that well. In a year games will be heavier than now, and more like crysis or even worse.

Me too, I was a bit disappointed. I went AMD Quad FX (two FX-74's for four cores total), 4GB of ram and an 8800GTX 768MB. I can play it ok with most of the settings on medium at 1280x1024 resolution, and that's just playable, not insane. Every other game out there though I can 100% max out all the settings though.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

I'm getting a better comp that the one George Posted, hopefully that will be good for DNF. Well actually IT WILL BE GOOD FOR DUKE as George said that machine will last for 3 years according to him, and duke is just one year away so...

User is offline   peoplessi 

• Honored Donor

Possibly, then again might now. It runs on that hardware for sure, but it might need more heavier stuff to run everything maxed.

View Postaftli, on Feb 14 2008, 12:43 PM, said:

Me too, I was a bit disappointed. I went AMD Quad FX (two FX-74's for four cores total), 4GB of ram and an 8800GTX 768MB. I can play it ok with most of the settings on medium at 1280x1024 resolution, and that's just playable, not insane. Every other game out there though I can 100% max out all the settings though.

Odd.

I'm running a AMD x2 4600+, 2 gigs of ram and a 8800GT and I'm running Crysis at 1280*1024 on high details, with a few Very High tweaks and it runs silky smooth.

But I'm also running in DX9 on WinXP. If your running in DX10 on Vista... your simply given performance away. Crysis will look the same on DX9 with the Very High tweaks and run MUCH smoother.

I feel pretty good and prepared for DNF. But I do plan on upgrading my Motherboard and CPU within the next year or so. So it will only get better.

User is offline   Danule 

View PostDamien_Azreal, on Feb 15 2008, 07:38 PM, said:

Odd.

I'm running a AMD x2 4600+, 2 gigs of ram and a 8800GT and I'm running Crysis at 1280*1024 on high details, with a few Very High tweaks and it runs silky smooth.

But I'm also running in DX9 on WinXP. If your running in DX10 on Vista... your simply given performance away. Crysis will look the same on DX9 with the Very High tweaks and run MUCH smoother.

I feel pretty good and prepared for DNF. But I do plan on upgrading my Motherboard and CPU within the next year or so. So it will only get better.

yeah its running smooth on my system too, and mine is similar to the both of yours. :S

User is offline   flarty 

and with meqon being bought out by ageia some while ago isnt it possible that DNF would now require an optional physx card?

User is offline   kaisersoze 

• Honored Donor

View Postflarty, on Feb 22 2008, 06:45 AM, said:

and with meqon being bought out by ageia some while ago isnt it possible that DNF would now require an optional physx card?

Highly doubtful.

User is offline   Nihilanth 

05/21/05 07:15 PM
Will you be developing for a Physics Processing Unit?
George Broussard: It's going to be a long long time before enough people have PPU's so that you can count on them being there, without having to put in low quality and high quality physics.

The problem is that you can't go nuts with physics when 1% of your market has a PPU.

Even with video cards, there is a fine line and people always opt to dumb the visuals down so they run on lower end cards. This always affects how high you can do on the high end, because you still have to scale to some reasonable low end.

We are just now starting to see games that will push high end visuals and start to abandon older cards.

But I think it's going to be a long time before you can do that for a physics card. So in the mean time you will have situations where people just do more rubble or debris, when there is a PPU available.

And I still don't see people spending $200 for a PPU like they do for a GPU. I think it will be a pretty small market, comparatively. But I hope it's the future and the PPU's move onto video cards or motherboards. That's what needs to happen for it to get widespread.

But I hope it's the future and the PPU's move onto video cards or motherboards. That's what needs to happen for it to get widespread.

Interesting comment in light of the Nvidia-Ageia deal.

User is offline   flarty 

you also forget that comment about the ppus is over 2 years old, before ageia bought meqon out.

http://www.megagames.com/news/html/hardwar...lrunphysx.shtml

User is offline   peoplessi 

• Honored Donor

View PostSinisterambo, on Feb 27 2008, 02:38 AM, said:

Are you willing to dish out for two 8800GT's for example? One to act as GPU and another GPU for Physics? Doesn't sound that good..

View Postpeoplessi, on Mar 1 2008, 09:18 PM, said:

Are you willing to dish out for two 8800GT's for example? One to act as GPU and another GPU for Physics? Doesn't sound that good..

From the article ""Every one of our GeForce 8-series GPUs runs CUDA" keyword there is ONE and...

"Our expectation is that this is gonna encourage people to buy even better GPUs. It might-and probably will-encourage people to buy a second GPU for their SLI slot"

its not essential to have SLI but I think its good news for Nvidia 8series owners.

EDIT: (double post)

No it's not essential to have an SLI setup to run that... but Nvidia has said SLI is the preferred setup for it.

As running physics and graphics on one card, even a 8800GTX could be a bit MUCH.

But we'll have to wait and see how Nvidia handle's the drivers. But George has already said they weren't going to use PPUs... so this shouldn't effect DNF's system requirements at all.

View PostDamien_Azreal, on Mar 2 2008, 08:58 PM, said:

No it's not essential to have an SLI setup to run that... but Nvidia has said SLI is the preferred setup for it.

As running physics and graphics on one card, even a 8800GTX could be a bit MUCH.

But we'll have to wait and see how Nvidia handle's the drivers. But George has already said they weren't going to use PPUs... so this shouldn't effect DNF's system requirements at all.

Well a dual GPU card would suffice, like the recent ATI/AMD 3870 x2. It's not nVidia, but it shows that this is at least feasible.

Nvidia has dual GPU cards as well. The 7950GX2 and the new 9600GX2, though the 7950 would be a better buy. :)

The new 9 series so far looks to be shit, stick with the 8 series and your fine.

I think I'll get a 9 series as the 9800 is reported to have 2 GPUs on it too. This news is from Hard OCP so it is quite reliable. Also the die has been shrunk therefore cheaper to run.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options