Duke4.net Forums: Dnf Pc System Requirements? - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dnf Pc System Requirements?

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

I think my quad extreme qx9650 with geforce 8800 gtx will suffice for DNF :)

User is offline   Danule 

View PostDavoX, on Mar 12 2008, 12:37 PM, said:

I think my quad extreme qx9650 with geforce 8800 gtx will suffice for DNF :)

i agree ;)

Hell, I'm sticking with my dual core and 8800GT. :) If it can run Crysis... I'm not worried at all.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

View PostDamien_Azreal, on Mar 15 2008, 07:18 PM, said:

If it can run Crysis... I'm not worried at all.

That's actually kind of sad if you think about it... to think that DNF will look worse than Crysis... I hope 3DR gets the memo and realize that when DNF comes out, all people will be able to run Crysis probably.

Don't get me wrong, I really love DNF and I can play it as it is now, but why not make it better for PC? George said that they weren't going to dumb down the pc version because of consoles...but you know what I think he really meant? That they were going to make a dumbed down version for both platforms, that look exactly the same...that way you don't have to dumb down anything then , right? :) I'm really worred about that.

I think it means you can change the graphical settings to lower stuff, not that "High quality" will be low.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

I realized that I made a mistake by playing Crysis first when I got my new rig...then I installed Cod4, Bioshock, Kane and Lynch...and none of them got the insane level of graphics Crysis had, it totally spoiled everysingle game I wanted to play. Yes they were fun, but they could've been a more satisfying experience had I played Crysis last.

I seriously hope DNF isn't spoiled by Crysis as well...

I highly doubt DNF will have inferior graphics...

User is offline   Danule 

View PostDavoX, on Mar 27 2008, 03:12 PM, said:

I realized that I made a mistake by playing Crysis first when I got my new rig...then I installed Cod4, Bioshock, Kane and Lynch...and none of them got the insane level of graphics Crysis had, it totally spoiled everysingle game I wanted to play. Yes they were fun, but they could've been a more satisfying experience had I played Crysis last.

weird. i can still enjoy games with graphics that aren't as superior as crysis, and im nearly positive DNF will not be better graphically than crysis. But if they do have good high resolution texture work, and great style (think half life 2). The game will look great even if the tech isnt the newest out there.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

I think that what really sold me on crysis was the excellent models for humans and their face animations. If DNF has that at least, I'll be sold. Right now I'm expecting duke3d with current gen graphics and with that only I'm happy. If it's more then that, then AWESOME.

I still think HL2 has better facial animations than Crysis did.

And yes Crysis looks great... no doubt. But I can run Crysis at high settings without lag or slowdown, and I still prefer to play older games that don't look that great.

I like games to be fun... and Crysis, while pretty, is FarCry improved gameplay wise.

And George's comment about not dumbing it down... refers to gameplay. A lot of times in multiplatform games level design, gameplay mechanics and overall feel are changed for the console market. George was meaning the PC version gameplay would not be dumbed down.

And my comment about running Crysis... and not being worried. Crysis is a resource hog... easily. At times the visuals don't even seem justified with performance.
But DNF is using the Unreal Engine heavily modified. We've seen UE3 games and how great they look... and they run so much smoother than Crysis.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Only that it doesn't use UE3 at all... Not even any unreal code except for scripting and networking code.

Crysis I thought it was going to be just pretty graphics and crappy gameplay, but it did surprise me a lot how fun it was. But I guess that depends on each person's tastes.

I'm kinda having mixed feelings about George, he wants to make a game for consoles which obviously won't look it's best, only to sell it to as much people as possible (even though they have the resources to make a game that doesn't sell that well since they are independant and get profit from other games) and on the other hand GB recommends a Quad core and stuff...time will tell.

User is offline   rockmx8 

View PostDavoX, on Mar 30 2008, 11:26 PM, said:

Only that it doesn't use UE3 at all... Not even any unreal code except for scripting and networking code.

Crysis I thought it was going to be just pretty graphics and crappy gameplay, but it did surprise me a lot how fun it was. But I guess that depends on each person's tastes.

I'm kinda having mixed feelings about George, he wants to make a game for consoles which obviously won't look it's best, only to sell it to as much people as possible (even though they have the resources to make a game that doesn't sell that well since they are independant and get profit from other games) and on the other hand GB recommends a Quad core and stuff...time will tell.

Well I am not sure about the PC Requirements they could be good or bad. However what I do know is if Duke 3D was a classic hit, this one will do even better on the Consoles and PC. DNF will be a huge hit, just watch and see ok dudes. I am going to get it for PS3 though, so I really am not interested in the PC version that much. ALWAYS BET ON DUKE!! DNF WILL ROCK, STAY TUNED... :)

User is offline   peoplessi 

• Honored Donor

That reply made no sense, "DNF PC system requirements" whaat?

I'm sure people knew what I meant dude, sorry and thanks.

User is offline   peoplessi 

• Honored Donor

"Well I am not sure about the PC Requirements they could be good or bad."

What does such line imply? It makes no sense at all.

OH well :)

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options