Duke4.net Forums: Well look at that you can see my dick from here. - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Well look at that you can see my dick from here.  "meaning"

User is offline   Ronin 

A dont have a shot but I just assumed it was because when he says the line you can see a giant tenticle in view, in that way it makes sense but still a crap joke. See what happens when idiots with penis envy make lines for games, the question is, was it Gearbox or 3DR that came up with that one? My bet is Gearbox.

Idiots, Id like 5 minutes in a sound proof room with a knuckle duster and the guys/gals who wrote the lines for DNF. Id show them not funny.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostGraywolf, on 15 October 2011 - 11:29 AM, said:

Vegas Ruins, Duke Dome, this part.. they're all so fucking ugly. It hurts to look at them.

If you look at the HIVE, the DAM interior parts and even the stadium (they all look good), we realize that DNF is one of the most graphically inconsistent game ever.

The most frustrating thing is that even though DNF has such low system requirements, less than half the lights in the game actually cast shadows.

View PostRipemanewone, on 15 October 2011 - 06:40 PM, said:

A dont have a shot but I just assumed it was because when he says the line you can see a giant tenticle in view, in that way it makes sense but still a crap joke. See what happens when idiots with penis envy make lines for games, the question is, was it Gearbox or 3DR that came up with that one? My bet is Gearbox.

Idiots, Id like 5 minutes in a sound proof room with a knuckle duster and the guys/gals who wrote the lines for DNF. Id show them not funny.

Only the people who wrote the lines?

User is offline   Ronin 

View PostMicky C, on 15 October 2011 - 06:46 PM, said:

The most frustrating thing is that even though DNF has such low system requirements, less than half the lights in the game actually cast shadows.

Only the people who wrote the lines?

Well I only got five minutes, with another ten I could show the devs not funny too. It would be unfair not to do a proper job it would be rush job to bring pain and dissapointment to an entire team in 5 mins, fuck it gimme an hour or even a weekend then we might get some progress. And throw in some rain gear while your at it, not funny can be messy.

This post has been edited by Ripemanewone: 15 October 2011 - 06:53 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Most of the lines were written and recorded after the selling to Gearbox. Two women wrote the majority, which figures. Women aren't funny.

I still don't get the use of the "You think this the real Duke? It is!" quote, considering it came from the movie Total Recall and was put to much different use there. Only similairty between the two is that they both use holograms, but in DNF, Duke becomes invisible...making the joke very confusing.

This post has been edited by thelegend4ever: 18 October 2011 - 07:47 AM

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

The oneliners are awesome, especially in multiplayer.

View PostMikko_Sandt, on 18 October 2011 - 08:08 AM, said:

The oneliners are awesome, especially in multiplayer.

"I hit you, you hit the respawn key"

User is offline   Ronin 

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 16 October 2011 - 12:31 PM, said:

Women aren't funny.

No they are not, and also its kind of embarrassing when they try for eveyone involved. There is of course the exception, but its rare and usually very big and ugly.

View Postzwieback, on 15 October 2011 - 08:52 AM, said:

OT: this is the ugliest part of the game. Seriously, this was a night map - this is obvious :( turning the lights on there destroyed the atmosphere, the graphics and everything. so sad.

That's what ruined these levels for me too.
They are meant to be blayed at night as it can be seen in 3D Realms 2009 video by Bryan Brewer and 2006-7 videos when you finish the game.
I have a feeling that Vegas will return at night on the upcoming SP DLC !

This post has been edited by EvilEmperorZoRG {GR}: 21 October 2011 - 08:18 AM

User is offline   JMG2 

Plus, wasn't the show Duke was supposed to be on called "Damn, It's Late!"? Not "Damn, It's Early!"?

This post has been edited by JMG2: 23 October 2011 - 03:30 PM

User is offline   Night Wolf 

View Postthelegend4ever, on 18 October 2011 - 07:47 AM, said:

I still don't get the use of the "You think this the real Duke? It is!" quote, considering it came from the movie Total Recall and was put to much different use there. Only similairty between the two is that they both use holograms, but in DNF, Duke becomes invisible...making the joke very confusing.

I was confused by that too, i'm starting to think the whole invisible thing was added in by Gearbox at the last second to compete with other games this year like Crysis 2.
I'm also willing to bet all the shitty humour (no pun intended) was behalf of Gearbox aswell.
If you look at all the old 2007 - 2009 gameplay footage of DNF when it was in the hands of 3D Realms, the game seemed to have a much more serious and badass feel to it, when Gearbox got a hold of it, the game just seemed to be immature and stupid.

This post has been edited by ozz: 24 October 2011 - 08:53 PM

And this is why Zero Hour will always be the most "serious" Duke game to me. Witty, yet perfect one liners that fit very well with the game's gritty atmosphere. It didn't rely on poop or incest jokes for a cheap laugh like DNF. Sure 3D was pretty gritty as well, but ZH took it to another level..which I thought was just right for a Duke game. I would love to see a remake of that game running on Unreal 3, and possibly switched to an FPS. One can dream though...

This post has been edited by thelegend4ever: 25 October 2011 - 04:50 PM

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

View PostRipemanewone, on 18 October 2011 - 12:31 PM, said:

No they are not, and also its kind of embarrassing when they try for eveyone involved. There is of course the exception, but its rare and usually very big and ugly.

Best be glad I'm not a moderator or an admin here, because I'd go berserk when people make these comments. Still, is being a sexist fucking pig on the forum necessary? I know this revolves around Duke games, but come on... show some fuckin' decency as a human being.

Also, guys, I somehow don't think he's saying "You can see my dick from here", I'm certain he's saying "You can see my DIG from here."

If you want my opinion on the one liners, a lot of them were awesome, some were meh, but overall fairy fitting for the situations. The Multiplayer quotes were my favorite though. "Who am I fighting, the fat star-wars kid?!" "Looks like I'm gonna need a flashlight up in this bitch" (Doom 3 reference).

Graphics, I don't give one damn about in this game. Though, I will say, the part in "The Shrunk Machine" that is inside the generator was fucking brilliant, along with the music... By far my favorite part of the game.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 26 October 2011 - 04:42 PM

User is offline   Ronin 

View PostStrikerMan780, on 26 October 2011 - 04:32 PM, said:

Best be glad I'm not a moderator or an admin here, because I'd go berserk when people make these comments. Still, is being a sexist fucking pig on the forum necessary? I know this revolves around Duke games, but come on... show some fuckin' decency as a human being.

Get a sense of humour, please you will live longer and enjoy life more and thank you for all the downvotes your my new best friend, even though Im sure you dont want to be. I just returned the favour after all what are friends for.

This post has been edited by Ripemanewone: 26 October 2011 - 05:11 PM

User is offline   ReaperMan 

This is going to get good. :(

User is offline   Ronin 

View PostReaperMan, on 26 October 2011 - 05:14 PM, said:

This is going to get good. :(

I have no intention to get into a flame war with this guy, he disagreed with me and I disagreed with him, nothing more.

http://i128.photobuc...thisgonbgud.gif

This post has been edited by thelegend4ever: 26 October 2011 - 05:40 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Lol at you for being a White Knight. Good luck with that. I hate you people, constantly clammering about how how we're wrong while showing a blatant disrespect for Freedom of Speech.

• Auramancer

View PostRipemanewone, on 26 October 2011 - 05:08 PM, said:

Get a sense of humour, please you will live longer and enjoy life more and thank you for all the downvotes your my new best friend, even though Im sure you dont want to be. I just returned the favour after all what are friends for.

I do have a sense of humor, and in my opinion, neither Captain "Awesome" (lolego), or you were being funny in the least bit. I'm only being honest.

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 26 October 2011 - 06:03 PM, said:

Lol at you for being a White Knight. Good luck with that. I hate you people, constantly clammering about how how we're wrong while showing a blatant disrespect for Freedom of Speech.

LOL @ White knight comment...

Freedom of speech is one thing, being a douche is another. It seems to me as a lot of people misinterpret what freedom of speech really means. It technically means the right to speak against one's government without fear of being persecuted/oppressed.

If someone you knew was being a jackass at your party, you'd want to kick him out, right? Same concept in an online forum, this isn't the government. Nobody's getting hanged or put in prison, just banned from an online board so nobody else would have to deal with the assholes. This forum is like a nightclub without a bouncer, and there's a bunch of greasy drunken fucktards starting trouble and running their mouths off without consideration for who's around or listening.

Either way, in peoples' usual concept of Freedom of Speech, it is a two-way street. If I don't agree with something you say, I still have the right to speak up, just as much as you had a right to say what you did.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 26 October 2011 - 09:22 PM

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

ROFL. Seriously? Okay, let me say this: Lisa Lampinelli, Kathy Griffin, Joan Rivers, Sarah Silverman. Okay, that's FOUR quality female comedians who write their own material. The keyword is write their own material.

I could run Prime95 on a fucking TI-83 and it would find an undiscovered prime number quicker than I could add a fifth name to that list.

This post has been edited by Descent: 26 October 2011 - 10:59 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

+rep for the graphics calculator reference.

Also, guys, I somehow don't think he's saying "You can see my dick from here", I'm certain he's saying "You can see my DIG from here."

It's too much of a coincidence to not be dick, and even if it was dig, that makes even less sense, because I can't see how that's even remotely funny.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 27 October 2011 - 12:55 AM

User is offline   Ronin 

Strikerman780, your feelings are obviously hurt, too close to home? Yet you call someone a douche and talk about this forum being like a nightclub with greasy assholes running their mouths off and in doing this you become one of them. And jackass at your party? Well this isnt your party. You are being a hypocrite comming in insulting people then complaining that people are acting like douches.

This post has been edited by Ripemanewone: 27 October 2011 - 05:23 AM

I agree with a previous poster that it's a joke ruined by the bad FOV.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostStrikerMan780, on 26 October 2011 - 09:08 PM, said:

I do have a sense of humor, and in my opinion, neither Captain "Awesome" (lolego), or you were being funny in the least bit. I'm only being honest.

LOL @ White knight comment...

Freedom of speech is one thing, being a douche is another. It seems to me as a lot of people misinterpret what freedom of speech really means. It technically means the right to speak against one's government without fear of being persecuted/oppressed.

If someone you knew was being a jackass at your party, you'd want to kick him out, right? Same concept in an online forum, this isn't the government. Nobody's getting hanged or put in prison, just banned from an online board so nobody else would have to deal with the assholes. This forum is like a nightclub without a bouncer, and there's a bunch of greasy drunken fucktards starting trouble and running their mouths off without consideration for who's around or listening.

Either way, in peoples' usual concept of Freedom of Speech, it is a two-way street. If I don't agree with something you say, I still have the right to speak up, just as much as you had a right to say what you did.

I laugh at you, you meek man.

• Auramancer

And jackass at your party? Well this isnt your party. You are being a hypocrite comming in insulting people then complaining that people are acting like douches.

First, I never said this was my party. Way to misinterpret what I am saying... Second, it was an analogy. Third, when your thoughts criss-cross often and run like a Kenyan on crack, you tend to make contradictions, even more so when you are pissed the fuck off and sick of fucking everyone and everything like I am. Unless you are someone I love and care for, I am not a pleasant person whatsoever, and I don't pretend to be.

View PostDescent, on 26 October 2011 - 10:57 PM, said:

ROFL. Seriously? Okay, let me say this: Lisa Lampinelli, Kathy Griffin, Joan Rivers, Sarah Silverman. Okay, that's FOUR quality female comedians who write their own material. The keyword is write their own material.

I could run Prime95 on a fucking TI-83 and it would find an undiscovered prime number quicker than I could add a fifth name to that list.

Ellen Degeneres, she has had some quality stand-up. Even Whoopi Goldberg had some decent stand-up. Both had written their own material.
I can list only about as many men as women in that list that I can find truly funny. Those people are George Carlin, Bill Hicks, Lewis Black, Chris Rock, Richard Pryor, Robin Williams, Leslie Neilson, and Denis Leary.

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 27 October 2011 - 11:11 AM, said:

I laugh at you, you meek man.

Yeah, yeah, let's all laugh at the "meek man"/guy who already feels like taking the 12-gauge to his own head as it is. Not saying that for attention or to be funny, or to guilt-trip anyone out, I'm actually being serious about it. Just think for a second, usually when someone like me is as pissy as frequently as I am, there's something wrong. I lost Ryan, my one nearby childhood friend, back in August. I've had absolutely nobody to be with, or talk to ever since... Every day, I think about visiting him next door, but, have to remind myself he isn't there. I still haven't been able to get over this shit, because it all seems like yesterday. With the combination of being lonely as fuck in the middle of nowhere, and all of that shit going on, I'm losing my mind. I've also grown sick of all the stupid cocksuckers that seem to surround me everywhere I go... I'm so god damn fucking tired of it all. I want to tear apart, maim, and kill everyone around me, but I cannot due to the legal ramifications. Instead, all I have left is to either continue with the pointless drag that is life, or fucking die and join the ones whom I care for in the afterlife.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 29 October 2011 - 06:57 PM

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostStrikerMan780, on 29 October 2011 - 06:29 PM, said:

Yeah, yeah, let's all laugh at the "meek man"/guy who already feels like taking the 12-gauge to his own head as it is. Not saying that for attention or to be funny, or to guilt-trip anyone out, I'm actually being serious about it.

Oh, boy. It was only a matter of time before another one of these came along. :D

You realize, of course, that bringing something up on a message forum such as this one is the equivalent of John McClane walking down Harlem wearing a sandwich sign that says "I Hate Black People" (politely paraphrased)? You're going to get attention, and not necessarily the kind that you want either.

But just in case, 1-800-273-8255.

This post has been edited by The Mighty Bison: 29 October 2011 - 06:36 PM

User is offline   Kathy 

With the combination of being lonely as fuck in the middle of nowhere, and all of that shit going on, I'm losing my mind. I've also grown sick of all the stupid cocksuckers that seem to surround me everywhere I go... I'm so god damn fucking tired of it all.

Dude... if you want to kill yourself it's fine by me since it is your choice. But NEVER whine on forums about this where people pretty much don't give a shit about you. If you don't want attention then keep quiet about this. And if you want attention then forget about suicide since attention is what you're seeking, not end of life.

View PostThe Mighty Bison, on 29 October 2011 - 06:33 PM, said:

Oh, boy. It was only a matter of time before another one of these came along. :D

That's why we have emo topic here.

This post has been edited by Helel: 29 October 2011 - 06:59 PM

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

Yeah, yeah, let's all laugh at the "meek man"/guy who already feels like taking the 12-gauge to his own head as it is. Not saying that for attention or to be funny, or to guilt-trip anyone out, I'm actually being serious about it. Just think for a second, usually when someone like me is as pissy as frequently as I am, there's something wrong. I lost Ryan, my one nearby childhood friend, back in August. I've had absolutely nobody to be with, or talk to ever since... Every day, I think about visiting him next door, but, have to remind myself he isn't there. I still haven't been able to get over this shit, because it all seems like yesterday. With the combination of being lonely as fuck in the middle of nowhere, and all of that shit going on, I'm losing my mind. I've also grown sick of all the stupid cocksuckers that seem to surround me everywhere I go... I'm so god damn fucking tired of it all. I want to tear apart, maim, and kill everyone around me, but I cannot due to the legal ramifications. Instead, all I have left is to either continue with the pointless drag that is life, or fucking die and join the ones whom I care for in the afterlife.

Hey man, I was just busting your balls...don't worry about it. Check your PM's.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Stop being a bitch. We all have our problems, and we all have our crosses to bear. My mother just died off a month ago, you don't see me talking about it or bringing my bad news to the table. Your friend dying is not the issue. There is something wrong with your head and you should go see a psychologist instead of acting like an attention-whore on the internet. Take your baggage somewhere else where it can be properly eliminated.

This post has been edited by Captain Awesome: 30 October 2011 - 09:58 AM

• Auramancer

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 30 October 2011 - 09:57 AM, said:

Stop being a bitch. We all have our problems, and we all have our crosses to bear. My mother just died off a month ago, you don't see me talking about it or bringing my bad news to the table. Your friend dying is not the issue. There is something wrong with your head and you should go see a psychologist instead of acting like an attention-whore on the internet.

I'm sorry to hear about your mother, someone I hold dear to me has lost his mother a few years ago, and he still hasn't completely gotten over it. So I can imagine how you feel...
Now he is in the custody of his physically and emotionally abusive prick of a father in Ottawa. Ever since I've been trying to save up enough of my own money to pay his way to move out and live with me, so he doesn't have to suffer from the abuse any longer.

Again, I didn't bring it up for attention, sure, it did gather some... but that wasn't the motive. I wanted to clarify why I'm acting the way I am. I apologize for the stir this is causing...

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 30 October 2011 - 10:57 AM

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options