Duke4.net Forums: GBX Announces to Soon Carry 4 Weapons in DNF - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

GBX Announces to Soon Carry 4 Weapons in DNF  "better than 2!"

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

Posted today at GBX
http://forums.gearbo...571&postcount=1

User is offline   Lunick 

ChrisF said:

The development team has been hard at work combing through the feedback provided here and elsewhere, with updates based on this feedback currently in the works for all three platforms.

Among the changes coming to PC are a new expanded inventory option that allows you to carry up to four weapons in the single-player campaign, Valve Anti-Cheat System (VAC) support, push-to-talk voice chat, the ability to adjust FOV plus other fixes and improvements that are still being tested.

We’ll be sharing more details about the updates, including those coming to PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, as they’re finalized. Thanks again for your support!

Well so far this sounds good

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

View PostLunick, on 27 July 2011 - 08:00 PM, said:

Well so far this sounds good

Ah, thanks for adding the entire post less the need to go to GBX! :(

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

ChrisF said:

Valve Anti-Cheat System (VAC) support

This means anyone using that program/hack to get the FOV and console should probably remove this soon because it alters the .dll and .exe of DNF.
This is considered a hack to VAC.

This post has been edited by The Commander: 27 July 2011 - 08:29 PM

User is offline   ThePinkus 

Support for DNF! Hallelujah!

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostThe Commander, on 27 July 2011 - 08:27 PM, said:

This means anyone using that program/hack to get the FOV and console should probably remove this soon because it alters the .dll and .exe of DNF.

Then they better give us the FOV and console, or they can shove their two extra weapons up their asses!

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Jesus H. Tapdancing Christ, if it ain't one thing it's another.

Someone should get word from GBX or Valve on this matter, but I ain't talking to those fucks at the league office.

This post has been edited by Captain Awesome: 27 July 2011 - 09:07 PM

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

Oh...so now that reviews from players are out that the game is flawed...see, good things come to those who wait. :(

User is offline   ThePinkus 

View PostMr.Flibble, on 27 July 2011 - 09:33 PM, said:

Oh...so now that reviews from players are out that the game is flawed...see, good things come to those who wait. :(

We waited over 10 years in the first place =P

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostThe Commander, on 27 July 2011 - 08:27 PM, said:

I didn't think of this at the time. How do you actually remove it? I hope I don't have to reinstall the whole thing...

And it's great that they've doubled the weapons, that makes things 10 times better as now you actually have options (as opposed to having one weak weapon and one strong weapon which only holds about 5-10 shots). But since they're adding weapons, why not just let Duke hold all the weapons at once? Surely it wouldn't be that much more difficult.

It's like George Broussard and Randy Pitchford signed a deal with the devil that DNF could be released but Duke can never hold all weapons at once. Hence a curse was thrust upon the Duke community...

User is offline   Lunick 

I just thought, would it be easier to get the Gunslinger achievement now?

User is offline   UglyNacho 

View PostLunick, on 28 July 2011 - 12:09 AM, said:

I just thought, would it be easier to get the Gunslinger achievement now?

Yup, a lot easier actually. For me personally, it was a piece of cake with the 2 weapon limit. The 4 weapon limit will make it that much easier. :(

User is offline   Night Wolf 

4 weapons phhhht.... All weapons or blow it out your ass

User is offline   Mad Max RW 

That's a huge improvement. Now follow through with the SDK and we might actually have something great in a year.

User is offline   Blasfemon 

4 weapons will do just fine

main gun: shottie/pistol/chaingun

explosive weapon: rpg/devastator

far range gun: rail gun

'fun' gun: freeze thrower/shrink gun

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

Good news, especially the FOV thing.

View PostMicky C, on 28 July 2011 - 12:06 AM, said:

But since they're adding weapons, why not just let Duke hold all the weapons at once? Surely it wouldn't be that much more difficult.

Would probably fuck up gameplay balance if no other changes are made.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Well, this will certainly warrant an extra playthrough. Maybe they'll fix the missing blood at the same time... we can only hope, anyway.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostMikko_Sandt, on 28 July 2011 - 04:01 AM, said:

Would probably fuck up gameplay balance if no other changes are made.

That's why they shouldn't have designed the game with the two weapon system in the first place :(

It is arguable if they designed the game around the two weapon system in the first place! Perhaps 5th place :(

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

This is great fucking news, and hopefully it will shut up whinners about how GBX isn't listening to the fans.

Wait... they said Singeplayer.... what about multiplayer? will it still have two weapons?

This post has been edited by DavoX: 28 July 2011 - 06:00 AM

User is offline   LkMax 

Finally an update! =)
The four-weapons limit will be enough to manage a good arsenal, for me at least. Just like in the upcoming Rage.
Now, if they fix the blood issues and expand the ammunition limit it'll be a win. Low hopes about mod tools though.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

By the way they worded it, the normal campaign won't have 4 weapons... it seems it's an extra menu option like the Duke3D freezer...

Feels kinda like using a mutator but hey... it's something.

View PostLkMax, on 28 July 2011 - 05:59 AM, said:

Finally an update! =)
The four-weapons limit will be enough to manage a good arsenal, for me at least. Just like in the upcoming Rage.

I thought you could carry as many weapons as you want in Rage

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

View PostDavoX, on 28 July 2011 - 06:09 AM, said:

It's a good solution if it prevents people from getting the Gunslinger achievement if they "cheat" by using the 4-weapon limit.

User is offline   LkMax 

View PostDavoX, on 28 July 2011 - 06:09 AM, said:

By the way they worded it, the normal campaign won't have 4 weapons... it seems it's an extra menu option like the Duke3D freezer...

View PostMikko_Sandt, on 28 July 2011 - 06:22 AM, said:

It's a good solution if it prevents people from getting the Gunslinger achievement if they "cheat" by using the 4-weapon limit.

It'll be considered cheat? It's not like I'm hacking the game to enable unlimited ammo or something. Well, those achievements don't unlock any extra content (like concept art or bonus levels and guns) so I don't care anyway, heh. :(

View Postozz, on 28 July 2011 - 06:18 AM, said:

I thought you could carry as many weapons as you want in Rage

I think I saw in a gameplay video four slots of weapons on the HUD.

View PostLkMax, on 28 July 2011 - 06:34 AM, said:

I think I saw in a gameplay video four slots of weapons on the HUD.

I read you can keep any weapon you find for the rest of the game, I did notice that 4 weapon slot in the video though, that's either just for consoles or its for adding 4 selected weapons out of you pack for quick access

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I hope they also put in extra save slots. Even if they're not manual. I'd take 3 game slots, for instance, even if it was still checkpoint-based.

I knew Gearbox wouldn't let us down. Now it's in their hands, they will take good care of the game. I only hope that they give us FOV options in the console versions and fix the online play in time for the DLC. There is hope yet.

Almost every pc gamer has asked for more than 2 weapons in this game much before the game was actually released.
They have either avoided giving us answers or they have denied our requests.
Now, almost 2 months after the official release date, they are coming out of their holes and announcing that our wishes are partially being granted.
My question to all of you is!

WHY NOW?
Why are they giving us fov changing abilities, why are they giving us 4 weapons almost 2 months after DNF got released?
I have my theories but I rather keep them to myself out of politeness.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 28 July 2011 - 11:23 AM

User is offline   You 

View PostMr.Deviance, on 28 July 2011 - 09:47 AM, said:

Almost every pc gamer has asked for more than 2 weapons in this game much before the game was actually released.
They have either avoided giving us answers or they have denied out requests.
Now, almost 2 months after the official release date, they are coming out of their holes and announcing that our wishes are partially being granted.
My question to all of you is!

WHY NOW?
Why are they giving us fov changing abilities, why are they giving us 4 weapons almost 2 months after DNF got released?
I have my theories but I rather keep them to myself out of politeness.

I would imagine two reasons:

1. Already restricted time constraints.
2. They thought they knew better than us.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options