Duke4.net Forums: Underground type level - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Underground type level  "Any ideas?"

User is offline   Shawneth 

A couple of months ago, I had a vision for a Duke Nukem 3D map where the player is set in an under pass which just happens to be filled with protector drones. What kids of puzzles / fun ideas should I include in this map? A fresh CON code will be added for delightment. New revelation, I just realized that the word "delightment" doesn't exist.

Any ideas?

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

What about making it so the cave or whatever it is is unstable, so that Duke can use explosive weapons, but after he does, the ceiling of the sector the explosion was in slowly closes into the ground. That would add an extra tactical approach where the player needs to weigh up if it's worth it to use explosives in some situations.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 22 July 2011 - 09:13 PM

User is offline   Shawneth 

View PostMicky C, on 22 July 2011 - 09:13 PM, said:

What about making it so the cave or whatever it is is unstable, so that Duke can use explosive weapons, but after he does, the ceiling of the sector the explosion was in slowly closes into the ground. That would add an extra tactical approach where the player needs to weigh up if it's worth it to use explosives in some situations.

Good idea, a thing I noticed is that people don't use items that much, so perhaps I may fix that by adding certain challenges and such.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View Postoporix, on 22 July 2011 - 08:56 PM, said:

A couple of months ago, I had a vision for a Duke Nukem 3D map where the player is set in an under pass which just happens to be filled with protector drones.

Isn't there a map in LameDuke like that?

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostTX, on 23 July 2011 - 08:00 AM, said:

Isn't there a map in LameDuke like that?

LameDuke didn't have Protector Drones (i.e. NEWBEAST) but I don't know the maps well enough to answer your question.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Oh, heh, I just woke up and I was thinking of the other kind of drone.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Maybe he was playing Traffic Jam, that map used portions of the LameDuke level. Can't recall there being any Protector Drones, though.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options