Duke4.net Forums: I request an assistance regarding audio extraction - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I request an assistance regarding audio extraction

Dear Duke Fans: Old and new

I've been a duke fan for quite sometimes and was searching for a way to rip audio from several duke nukem console games :Duke Nukem Time To Kill, Land Of Babes and Zero Hour.

Now: For those who ask: Have you ripped previous duke games?
Yes:

For those who wish to aquire the audio use wondershare to download the video and convert it to mp3.

On to the main course:
I would to know how to extract audio from idf files (time to kill) and z64 files (zero hour). I have no idea which program does one of these in zophar's domain since it's either find a specific def bio for the program or start working on opening the file with the program. I've searched all over the internet and worked with soundforge many times (Success many times like blood 1,2, and shadow warrior).

So please: can anyone help me with this, I really want these sounds and would like them to be used in mods and such. I'd appriciate your help, ladies and gentlemen. In the words of Caleb from Blood II: "Thank you and good night"

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

You can extract sounds from all three PSX games using the PSX tools included in my Mod Tools package. I haven't had any success ripping sounds from Zero Hour, but I would like to know how as well. Hope that helps!

User is offline   elvis_a 

I have been trying to extract sound from duke PSx games as well. Finally I found the way to extract music and Duke's voice from Time to Kill. Most of them are in .idf files in Sound folder, game sounds(gun fire, water, pigs) as well as some of Duke's voice is in snd.dat. You can use PSound to extract audio from SND.dat. However you cannot use PSound to extract music or Duke's voice from *.IDF files.
I tried to use PSound, Cube Media Player, MFAudio with no success, until I accidentally found software that can extract PSx games resources.
It is still beta version but it is the only way I could extract audio.

I did not test the Land of Babes, but I think it is possible to use this program as well, because N Space was developer for both these two games.
https://kenai.com/pr...xdec/pages/Home

however you will need cd copy(real or cd image) to extract files

This post has been edited by elvis_a: 27 November 2013 - 10:57 PM

User is offline   leilei 

I've had success with PSound for the sound effects of all of the Duke PSX games. Time to Kill and Land of the Babes voices are however XA streams IIRC (at least for Land of the Babes where the voices are big fat streams as the DUKEISM files).

This post has been edited by leilei: 27 November 2013 - 11:41 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options