Duke4.net Forums: The hosted forums - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The hosted forums

May i ask what that place is really for? I mean for such a long time there has only been one section in that place, now there is a new one where only developers of 1998 can enter? How is that even useful? Any plans for the future?

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

They're obviously private forums for specific projects that don't have anything to do with you. Unfortunately, whoever added it did it wrong... it's not supposed to be set visible to anyone at all, really.

User is offline   E.C.S 

View PostTX, on 11 July 2011 - 04:48 PM, said:

They're obviously private forums for specific projects that don't have anything to do with you. Unfortunately, whoever added it did it wrong... it's not supposed to be set visible to anyone at all, really.

Yeah, I now I want to know what dark and secret things are happening there... mmm... I think I will make some disguise and try to enter, nobody will suspect of me.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

Who do I have to talk to about get a sub forum for a game?

• el fundador

View PostThe Commander, on 11 July 2011 - 08:23 PM, said:

Who do I have to talk to about get a sub forum for a game?

I think you have to demonstrate you can make something without abandoning it. :)

View PostTX, on 11 July 2011 - 08:48 PM, said:

I think you have to demonstrate you can make something without abandoning it. :)

Well, I know you are speaking about Duke Nukem Red Alert, and that is still quite alive. Once you release a fully stable server/client revision then I can release a public version of DNRA (It can be obtained through SVN at the moment)

But I was actually meaning if it's possible to get a sub/sticky thread for this: (In General Gaming)

http://forums.duke4....3953-minecraft/

Both DanM and I think it would be in the best interests as quite a few Duke4.net players are playing on this.
The server is quite Duke orientated, even though it's a different game.

This post has been edited by The Commander: 11 July 2011 - 09:30 PM

• el fundador

No dude, you aren't getting a separate forum for your Minecraft server. I understand that your server is probably pretty cool and all but a subject that already has a thread which only gets about a page of posts per month is definitely not popular enough to have its own forum here.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostTX, on 11 July 2011 - 09:33 PM, said:

No dude, you aren't getting a separate forum for your Minecraft server. I understand that your server is probably pretty cool and all but a subject that already has a thread which only gets about a page of posts per month is definitely not popular enough to have its own forum here.

I think he was just asking that the thread be made stickied at the top.

View PostMicky C, on 11 July 2011 - 10:41 PM, said:

Or more the fact of some way to make DanM & I able to moderate that thread as it will no doubt soon start filling up with Ban requests that I don't want clogging it up.
But this can only be done if it's a sub forum I believe, hence why I asked.

View PostTX, on 11 July 2011 - 09:33 PM, said:

Not to start some argument as I didn't want a sub forum like it has, but with what you said makes no sense as how does Duke Nukem 1998 have its own sub forum when they have 0% to show of anything. Apparently he has got some tests maps and other small things he has told me while hes been playing on my server.
(Thinks back to the 90's with all the TC's Mod's that were all words and nothing to show)

This post has been edited by The Commander: 11 July 2011 - 11:00 PM

• el fundador

View PostMicky C, on 11 July 2011 - 10:41 PM, said:

Eh, he edited his post while I was writing mine.

View PostThe Commander, on 11 July 2011 - 10:55 PM, said:

Not to start some argument as I didn't want a sub forum like it has, but with what you said makes no sense as how does Duke Nukem 1998 have its own sub forum when they have 0% to show of anything. Apparently he has got some tests maps and other small things he has told me while hes been playing on my server.
(Thinks back to the 90's with all the TC's Mod's that were all words and nothing to show)

Yeah, I didn't even know what it was until I looked in the Gearbox forum cesspool for it. I guess Yatta allowed it to be created here... all I know is nobody asked me. Had I been asked, I would have wanted some kind of proof of project existence in media form before allowing it. I do know that if it just sits there and nothing useful gets posted in it it probably won't be here too long. :)

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

So TX, are you able to tell us if the Duke Nukem 1998 boys have actually started cooking anything up?

Edit: I think it's strange that they're working on it over here, but they have the public thread over at Posted Image Gearbox. You'd think they'd at least announce something and give a brief description of what it is to the people who have been loyal to Duke since the beginning (a.k.a the people at this forum).

This post has been edited by Micky C: 25 July 2011 - 01:29 AM

User is offline   Gambini 

Not sure if this is the proper thread to mention this. But just googling around for fun I entered DNrepository as a guest and noticed that most modern posts dated from june 30 2010 which I found strange until noticed the link, which was http://dnr.duke4.net/forum/index.html. So yes, some searchs related to DNR still link to the old backup that TX once did when DNR was down. I´d suggest that this site could be temporarily down or, to link to the real DNR as it used to do when the site went finally online again.

EDIT: interesting but touching on the same link i just posted gives the 404 error, whileas entering it from google still works. I doubt it is a cached page since the I just copied the link from the address bar.

This post has been edited by Gambini: 20 August 2011 - 09:40 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options