Duke4.net Forums: Question about creating topic and the first few posts - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Question about creating topic and the first few posts

I'm almost ready to create a topic about the new software I'm working on, and I want to make sure I'll be able to set it up right.

I've seen on other forums, for other projects, the author will put as much info at the beginning of the thread as possible (frequently asked questions, important information, progress, news, etc.). I'm not sure how much information I'll be posting, but I could see it being quite a bit.

Are there any limits on post size?

If so, after making a post, can I have it moved to the beginning of the topic (perhaps have its post time changed)?

If the post can't be moved within the thread, should I make a couple (like 2 or 3) empty or smaller posts at the beginning of the thread, to reserve them for future use?

Is there any time limit on editing a post? Am I able to change the title of the topic?

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

There's no time limit on editing posts or changing thread titles. So you can just update the first post via the edit function when you have something new tot add.

You can fit quite a lot in one post, but if it ends up not fitting then you can make some reserve posts, sure. See if it all fits in the first posts, though.

View PostYatta, on 02 July 2011 - 06:04 PM, said:

There's no time limit on editing posts or changing thread titles. So you can just update the first post via the edit function when you have something new tot add.

You can fit quite a lot in one post, but if it ends up not fitting then you can make some reserve posts, sure. See if it all fits in the first posts, though.

Thanks for the reply. I think I will create 2-3 reserve posts, but split initial content between them. That way I won't have to worry about running out of space, and I won't have some empty posts in the thread.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options