Duke4.net Forums: The eyes of Duke Nukem revealed ! - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The eyes of Duke Nukem revealed !

User is offline   BugsBunny 

I was just playing around with the game using no clip and third person mode, and I saw the eyes of thy forbidden once I moved the Duke model outside the normal mapped/designed area. Incredible to see George decided to model the eyes even though he knew the model will always have glasses on top !

Posted Image

One more

Posted Image

This post has been edited by BugsBunny: 26 June 2011 - 04:00 AM

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

"Damn! You're ugly."

User is offline   Kyphros 

View PostFox, on 26 June 2011 - 03:22 AM, said:

"Damn! You're ugly."

Yes indeed.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Kinda see why we never saw him without his glasses off since the start of Duke 3D. Puns intended.

User is offline   trustn0! 

View PostCaine, on 26 June 2011 - 04:20 AM, said:

so gay, i ask myself if they took their job serious.

I find myself wondering if you are ever going to post something that doesnt consist of bitching about how DNF didnt live up to your standards ,saying how other people didnt like the game or calling Brousard a idiot
Please stop posting useless threads or posts and do something productive for a change

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

That chin is too long..

But, yeah, blue eyes; what a fag. :)

User is offline   Fox 

Still it's not that far from the 2D games

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Fox: 26 June 2011 - 06:18 AM

User is offline   BugsBunny 

The chin becomes longer then normal and the eye glass go away when you force the model in unmapped area through DNCLIP in thrid person mode. In normal area the glass returns on top of the eyes and the chin comes back to normal.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

We've seen his eyes a million times :)

View PostCaine, on 26 June 2011 - 09:34 AM, said:

legit point? no bitching.

look how stupid he looks, thats not an action hero, they cannot decide themselves, duke looks always different, the intro, the pics, ingame and so on lol.

this is badass?

even hobbydesigners get it better.

This is the only thing im going to reply to you in regards to this subject after that you can go back into obscurity for all i care about
Now then
Go to the wikipedia page for the Unreal engine
Theres only one picture there
Now i want you to notice the vast differences between the characters and how they are rendered
I now want you to think of this:The game is running on the Unreal 2.5
A game engine that made it debut back in 2004
Now once you realise ithis want you to do something very important
Find a a game designer
And tell him that he needs to make a character model that is up to scale with any 2011 characters using a engine that is 7 years old
Once you manage to do that then you may have the right to whine but until then please stop posting because all you are doing is giving off the notion that you are a nothing more than a whiny self important twat

This post has been edited by trustn0!: 26 June 2011 - 09:46 AM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Actually, it is not Unreal 2.5. It was U2.5. It is now the Duke Nukem Forever engine.

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 26 June 2011 - 10:33 AM, said:

Actually, it is not Unreal 2.5. It was U2.5. It is now the Duke Nukem Forever engine.

Truth be told yeah its become some kind of weird hybrid of the unreal and the source engine imo but the base cade of it is still u2.5.Possibly the strongest version of this engine that exists but its still vastly inferior to what we can dish out these days

User is offline   Sharpie 

I'll just say that his face is honestly not what I pictured Duke to look like. I always visioned him to have a similar face to Arnold Schwarzenegger fused together with the original Duke Nukem 2 art.

We all know that Gearbox changed the Duke Nukem model once they got DNF off Triptych. I wonder if 3D Realms Duke model had a different facial structure to the one we see now?

User is offline   Fox 

Duke with Arnold eyes

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Fox: 27 June 2011 - 02:06 AM

User is offline   blueyes77 

View PostFox, on 27 June 2011 - 02:04 AM, said:

Duke with Arnold eyes

Posted Image

I like this lazyeye, just like mine:D

User is offline   DerickVonD 

The Soviet Russian Duke kind of fits for a 2K game. Damn Communists.

This post has been edited by DerickVonD: 27 June 2011 - 03:35 PM

User is offline   Nuked 

Not what I expected. No wonder he wears glasses!

User is offline   ThePinkus 

The blue eyes, the blonde hair, the squared jaw... Duke is definitely a Nazi.

Heil to the king.

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

View PostFox, on 27 June 2011 - 02:04 AM, said:

Duke with Arnold eyes

Posted Image

Holy shit, great Photoshop job! And that definitely looks better.

I remember in the Time To Kill cover art you could see his eyes through his glasses. Think that was the best version.

View Postthelegend4ever, on 28 June 2011 - 11:27 AM, said:

I remember in the Time To Kill cover art you could see his eyes through his glasses. Think that was the best version.

Really ?
What cover art of Time to Kill, because i got the original one right here and only see his sunglasses.

This is the best image I could find...but if you look really close at it, you can actually see his eyes....esp the right eye.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: dukenukemtimetokillntsc.jpg

User is offline   ScoobyMode 

LMAO, looking at the picture, Duke reminds me of Ben Affleck but with blonde hair instead......Owell, Ben is a kick ass dude, has been in some pretty good films like Reindeer Games, even the cameo on Jay and Silent Bob...

User is offline   Awesomebob 

I have the red lenon glasses in MP. You can see the eyes very easy in those. Probably why he was modeled with eyes.

User is offline   Raziel 

View PostBugsBunny, on 26 June 2011 - 03:15 AM, said:

I was just playing around with the game using no clip and third person mode, and I saw the eyes of thy forbidden once I moved the Duke model outside the normal mapped/designed area. Incredible to see George decided to model the eyes even though he knew the model will always have glasses on top !
Posted Image

Uhhh, that kinda looks like Randy...

View Postthelegend4ever, on 28 June 2011 - 03:46 PM, said:

This is the best image I could find...but if you look really close at it, you can actually see his eyes....esp the right eye.

Strange, i got a different one.
I guess i have the european one.

I can barely see through his sunglasses though.

Oh, my god. He's just ugly. I can't understand why girls follow him and aliens try to kill him. His face, his ass, what's the difference?

User is offline   Gambini 

View PostRaziel, on 29 June 2011 - 04:55 AM, said:

You hit the nail in the head! maybe they replaced the Duke model by a Randy Pitchford badass like model... I wouldn´t be surprised.

Look at these pictures, pay attention to his growing bear, the bumps in his cheeks and the lines of his eyes! (only his nose looks different).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also, Duke always had a butt like chin.

User is offline   DerickVonD 

View PostFox, on 26 June 2011 - 06:17 AM, said:

Still it's not that far from the 2D games

Posted Image

Duke is actually Ted Danson's brother.

User is offline   Night Wolf 

View PostRaziel, on 29 June 2011 - 04:55 AM, said:

Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options