Duke4.net Forums: Dnf On Steam - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dnf On Steam

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

Simple question do you think that Duke Nukem Forever and its Demo will be on steam?
i hope so ,so that way i can download the demo as soon as its released
if its not on steam ill just download it off of 3DRs site which it probebly will be on.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Believe me... you'll be able to download the demo EVERYWHERE and a torrent will most likely be the fastest way to get it.

User is offline   rockmx8 

Exactly.

User is offline   Danule 

im not sure about steam. depends on if they will release the full game on steam aswell, we will see, i dont mind steam, its great as long as you have a cable or faster internet connection otherwise its a HUGE pain in the ass.

Right.

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

my internet is 512 down 128 up'i think'
so rather slow but i get my max speed out of steam pretty well

User is offline   Danule 

i used to have dial up, and being forced to download episode 2 even though i bought the disk was really irritating.

Always try to get high speed internet service, it really helps. Thanks and good luck.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

I'll have that in consideration :)

User is offline   Micki! 

• Candy Consumptionist & Administrator

I don't think it'll get on Steam, not right away at least...
Scott has had a thing about not sharing financial info or something with other developers... And since steam is owned by Vavle, they'll know that kind of info...

Myabe i'm not remembering it right..? Someone correct me if so...

But, i guess adding it on steam, would make them partners, and thereby partners with Valve, and so sharing info wouldn't be THAT wrong, between partners..?

I don't know exactly how this works...

Dunno where i'll get the demo, perhaps from Gamershell.com or Fileshack.com... Both usually have quite fast servers

User is offline   Dennis 

View PostMicki!, on Jan 6 2008, 02:39 PM, said:

I don't think it'll get on Steam, not right away at least...
Scott has had a thing about not sharing financial info or something with other developers... And since steam is owned by Vavle, they'll know that kind of info...

Myabe i'm not remembering it right..? Someone correct me if so...

But, i guess adding it on steam, would make them partners, and thereby partners with Valve, and so sharing info wouldn't be THAT wrong, between partners..?

I don't know exactly how this works...

Dunno where i'll get the demo, perhaps from Gamershell.com or Fileshack.com... Both usually have quite fast servers

If they release it on steam, than they need a few servers extra :). Releasing the game online is more secure for 3DRealms I think. Crysis is a great game but sold poor, because the game is almost the same day cracked and downloadable from torrents etc. I am almost certain that 3DRealms will announce their own service like steam, it's the way of the future.
Just think about it, they launch a new service like steam and what is the best game to be released on that service first ;)

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Crysis didn't sold poorly because of someone cracking it, that happens with all games , even the most sucessful ones.

Crysis failed because it needs an extreme computer to run it properly.

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

The minority of people who use cracked software do not in any major way affect sales.
Crysis sold poorly because it has high requirements and isn't found on any consoles so it is PC exclusive, not that there is anything wrong with that.
It is pretty and has an interesting story (from what I gathered from the demo). However, it takes a lot of resources and from the outside, from the POV of the average lowest common denominator PC gamer, it isn't nearly as interesting as that game you can get for your XBox 360.

User is offline   Dennis 

View PostDavoX, on Jan 6 2008, 10:43 PM, said:

Crysis didn't sold poorly because of someone cracking it, that happens with all games , even the most sucessful ones.

Crysis failed because it needs an extreme computer to run it properly.

Ok, I just read on some website that it sold bad because the game was cracked and downloadable in Europa before it was available in the stores, but the heavy system requirements seems also a good reason :)

Still I am convinced that 3DRealms will have their own 'steam service' soon.

User is offline   Danule 

man people are so lame, crysis does not NEED an extreme computer to run it, you can put the settings lower, it needs an extreme computer to run it at FULL graphics just like any other FPS when its released.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Well, I know crysis has good gameplay...but let's be honest here. Most of the hype around it was the awesome graphics it has. So people want to have that, not some half assed low settings.

User is offline   Danule 

low settings on crysis still look great thats what i dont understand why people cant just turn them down a bit if their computer cant handle them at full.. its not like the game looks bad, it looks great at medium.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options