Duke4.net Forums: New York State Approves Gay Marriage - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New York State Approves Gay Marriage

User is offline   Martin 

View PostDescent, on 01 July 2011 - 07:49 PM, said:

Why on Earth would it be weaker? With free market competition R.J. Reynolds and Lorrilard would be one upping each other constantly.

You're looking at the matter in a very simple-minded way. It's not just a case of "legal" or "illegal". If it were made legal, that doesn't necessarily mean your White Widows, Armageddons, etc will be available. Governments will want to legislate which strains are legal and which are not, and among those which are, they will probably want to limit the amount of THC and CBD. Ergo, chronic cannabis users may find that the legal grade buds don't do much for them. I'm not talking about your "I buy a henry every once in a while" people. I'm talking about potheads.

View PostDescent, on 01 July 2011 - 07:49 PM, said:

Seriously, have you ever bought weed? It's a pain in the ass. First off, you gotta call like three people and ask "Hey man, are you good?" and when someone is finally "good" you're stuck waiting in a random parking lot for a "dub" for like ten minutes. Then you have some sketchball pull up, and worst case scenario you wad up some money, throw it into his car and he throws you some pot, and you have to make small talk with an Ed Hardy T-shirt wearing douchebag.

Yep. I spend about £80 a week on ganja. I do know exactly what you're talking about. However I have good contacts, and I don't have to go anywhere. They come to my house, have a smoke with me, and generally we cotch for an hour or two, maybe hit up some Nazi Zombies.

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

View PostMartin, on 06 July 2011 - 08:25 AM, said:

You're looking at the matter in a very simple-minded way. It's not just a case of "legal" or "illegal". If it were made legal, that doesn't necessarily mean your White Widows, Armageddons, etc will be available. Governments will want to legislate which strains are legal and which are not, and among those which are, they will probably want to limit the amount of THC and CBD. Ergo, chronic cannabis users may find that the legal grade buds don't do much for them. I'm not talking about your "I buy a henry every once in a while" people. I'm talking about potheads.

It's not exactly simple minded, even if the government bans weed with super high THC content, the available shit will still be powerful enough to be enjoyable. If it's legalized they are going to want customer satisfaction to protect their sacred tax revenues.

Also, take it from someone who's smoked AK-47, fuck that shit. Second worst high of my life, and I used to do things far harder than pot back in the day. The worst was when I ate waaaaayyyy too much cannibutter. The paranoia and fear are just un-fucking believable, and there is no way to get a proper dose of that. I was in hell after two puffs. If the government bans the crazy shit, that's fine, 90% of the populace are fine with some good hydroponically grown stuff.

View PostMartin, on 06 July 2011 - 08:25 AM, said:

Yep. I spend about £80 a week on ganja. I do know exactly what you're talking about. However I have good contacts, and I don't have to go anywhere. They come to my house, have a smoke with me, and generally we cotch for an hour or two, maybe hit up some Nazi Zombies.

I would have killed for that level of dealer service when I was a pothead. That kicks ass.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I smoked some Jack Herrer, didn't do fuck all. Smoked some AK-47 and it dropped me on my ass, I just slept for 14 hours. Fucking boring bullshit. I like uppers. Speed here I come!

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

I hate uppers. Always loved downers. Somas, oxys, and the God of all drugs, Phentanyl lollipops.

I can totally see how people get addicted, though. Thank God I have this incredible thing called "A future."

...Actually, scratch that, the Federal Reserve is working really damn hard to keep me from having one.

This post has been edited by Descent: 08 July 2011 - 10:59 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I'm a naturally down person in the first place, so downers just make things even more boring. I am a known abuser of caffeine. Caffeine is probably the best drug ever. Overdosing on it is very difficult, but possible. You can become dependent on it, but it's side effects aren't anything too worrying. Headaches and maybe some jitters. In fact, as opposed to addictive drugs, it is very easy to break an addiction. It's wonderful.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options