Duke4.net Forums: Proposed EDuke32 Episode Project...Duke Nukem: Bash at South Beach - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Proposed EDuke32 Episode Project...Duke Nukem: Bash at South Beach  "Willing to start with an opening storyline to build upon in levels"

User is offline   WedgeBob 

Okay guys, here's the scoop about the upcoming episode I had in mind...

I've been putting together ideas on how to start this storyline off, and I've been a big fan of Duke 3D since it launched back in 1996, and I also liked GTA Vice City, Miami Vice, and CSI Miami, etc... put all that together, and thought things over.
Right now, I've got an overview storyline set for a new episode based in Miami/South Beach. Here's how it starts:

After a well deserved vacation, Duke and a few of his lady friends decide to take a trip to Miami Beach, he owns a beach resort down there, and rented a party boat where Duke went out and treated the chicks to a good time.
That was until...another wave of alien bastards came right out of the sky, stole the babes, and sent Duke's party boat sinking into the ocean, with hopes that you would drown.
Duke was able to escape, and swim to shore...that's where this episode begins, and gets really personal. Duke's mission...to fight the aliens scattered all throughout the South Beach area, rescue the chicks, and find a new boat to ride home in.

So, with that prologue in mind, I was driving through GTA VC to see what types of neighborhoods/landmarks would work for an episode like this. I was looking for a sports bar/strip club type place, obviously a hotel with a penthouse (which would be Duke's pad in the Miami area), a warehouse for the boss map, where he kills the boss and gets his ride home and his chicks back, and maybe some random shopping mall, perhaps a country club (although I don't think a golf couse would be the most exciting idea)...but yeah, I believe I'm really clicking my gears in terms of where I want to take this episode. I'm open to any other ideas before I try to lay ground on this, so...let's get started.

This post has been edited by WedgeBob: 23 June 2011 - 02:47 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Are you going to use ROR?

User is offline   WedgeBob 

Well, we'll see how far that goes. Right now, I'm going to start out by just building levels with stock Atomic Edition textures and sprites for now, then build on using special features like ROR as time progresses.
Also, I believe it's best to start this episode out where Duke is on the boardwalk where he swam to shore, then make his way into town. That's the obvious way to start the first level off with.

This post has been edited by WedgeBob: 24 June 2011 - 12:45 PM

I suggest that you make up your mind for using RoR when you start the maps. It's much easier to make RoR when the map is not filled with sectors and sprites.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options