Duke4.net Forums: Xbox 360 Port - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Xbox 360 Port

User is offline   Nukem 

Alright we've all heard the rumors that DNF will be on the 360, if not the the 360 than Microsofts next console, the Xbox 480. But all kidding aside, what do you think?

Right now every game that's released on the PC is almost always ported over to the Xbox 360. Mainly becuase of the whole Games for Windows scheme Microsoft has going on, but ports have been going on for some time now, so I would imagine Duke will be on the Xbox 360. He's done it on the Playstation and Nintendo 64, why not a next gen console.

The only reason I say it may not happen is becuase DNF may be a PC exclusive, much like Crysis or S.T.A.L.K.E.R. But both those games have reasons for not being ported, Crysis is to advanced for the XBox (Or so they say) and S.T.A.L.K.E.R is just a game that works better with a mouse and keyboard.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

I've read somewhere that they had XBOX 360 development kits or something now, someone please confirm this.

My only problem would be if microsoft lets them be on 360 only if the make it a "games for windows" title on pc also. THAT WOULD SUCK.

User is offline   Danule 

View PostDavoX, on Dec 31 2007, 08:23 AM, said:

I've read somewhere that they had XBOX 360 development kits or something now, someone please confirm this.

My only problem would be if microsoft lets them be on 360 only if the make it a "games for windows" title on pc also. THAT WOULD SUCK.

it would suck if they have to sacrifice something on the PC side of the game to make it more compatible with the 360. lets hope that doesn't happen.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Well, so far it IS happening, given that the graphics are on par with the consoles.

User is offline   rockmx8 

Hello dudes remember what George said:

08/05/05 12:43 PM
Are you trying to make DNF work for consoles rather than making it a full kickass PC experience?
Not the case at all, but you'd be foolish to not consider next gen consoles and their controllers in the future. This doesn't mean dumbing down of anything.
Making the PC version as good as possible is definitely a very high priority.

And the ads remember what platforms they said, Windows and Xbox 360.
Prey was also released on the 360, and there's a high chance we will see it on there etc.

http://jobs.gamasutra.com/jobseekerx/viewj...mp;accountno=95

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options