• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I fucking love the MP

User is offline   Martin 

I'm also on PS3, I'll add you.

View PostMartin, on 20 June 2011 - 05:13 AM, said:

I'm also on PS3, I'll add you.

:D

Edit: why can't we + our own posts? (this is a joke our non English speaking as 1st language friends).

This post has been edited by Sinisterambo: 20 June 2011 - 03:01 PM

The multiplayer in DNF really is a lot of fun. It grows on you. Sure, I gripe about simple things like the lack of bullet proof vest (really could use this), lack of all weapons at one time but really, when you ignore this and the p2p gameplay--multiplayer is a hell of a lot of fun. It just is. I can jump into it, play for an hour or two and feel totally relieved and relaxed. It is great.

I haven't had this much fun playing DM online since maybe Doom 3 a few years back (TF 2 is fun but well, it isn't DM). It is a total riot.

I really, really want mod tools to be released soon. If I do have one true gripe, it is the maps aren't as in-depth as the original Duke 3d maps as far as multiplayer is concerned. The only exception is Hollywood Holocaust and maybe the construction site (that has lots of passages)--we need more secrets and switchbacks on the maps, so user made maps will add a lot.

User is offline   Kyphros 

View PostMicky C, on 20 June 2011 - 05:01 AM, said:

If I ever find myself in a game with infinite ammo ever again, I'll quit instantly. There's no skill, it's simply a matter of who can get the best weapon first.

Absolutely.

And we can't even prevent the matchmaker from connecting us to these stupid infinite ammo matches. :)

The pistol is one of the best weapons, it just requires some skills.

View PostMicky C, on 18 June 2011 - 10:41 PM, said:

The only problem I had with jumping is with hollywood holocaust, and that's obviously because they tried to keep the proportions as similar as possible to its Duke 3D counterpart, something which doesn't carry across so well when the jumping/movement system isn't designed for it. It takes at least 6 jumps to get into that room through the window. Still, I guess it gives you a chance to take someone out if they try to get the jetpack and RPG.

Not if you're inside the cinema.
:)

This post has been edited by Sinisterambo: 29 June 2011 - 04:10 PM

Gonna try out the MP on my new video card after I eat something. Probably some spaghetti or something. Gotta celebrate the fact my computer isn't complete ass now.

Edit:Just got back. Holy Shit this game is awesome when you can play it smoothly.

This post has been edited by BraveTriforcer: 29 June 2011 - 06:47 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

There's a really weird glitch which isn't quite lag, but is probably a result of it: at random points during gameplay, I'd suddenly appear where I'd previously been not long ago, as if I hadn't even moved from that spot. This can be annoying, especially in a combat situation when you think you've outrun an opponent then the next thing you know you're still next to him.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options