Duke4.net Forums: What MP level are you? - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What MP level are you?

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I'm not even halfway to completing that challenge!

35. Bitches will keep on hating on the jetpack. Makes MP worth playing for ours hehe.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View Postthelegend4ever, on 03 July 2011 - 09:47 AM, said:

35. Bitches will keep on hating on the jetpack. Makes MP worth playing for ours hehe.
Ha, jetpack makes you easy to kill.

• Honored Donor

View PostReaperMan, on 03 July 2011 - 04:34 PM, said:

Yeah, just whip out the ripper and they're history.

When you play enough MP, you learn tactics on how to eliminate guys with, say, the devastator. For example, the devastator isn't as accurate due to the rockets' travel time as other weapons like the ripper and pistol, so they're good weapons to counter with. You could also use the railgun at a larger range (or the pistol and ripper) because the devastator really loses effectiveness at range because it's easy to dodge the rockets. Then of course you can always use the shrinker, especially combined with the holoduke, and pipe bombs are also good to flush devastator guy out.

I'm SOOOO close to completing some really nice challenges. I need to capture 3 more babes for 2500 XP, return 6 more babes to my base for 7500 XP, and kill 8 babe carriers for a further 7500 XP.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

Best weapon ever is the derringer you get when picking up the babe... love that gun. They need a game type with it. After they fix the leaderboard BS and XP when you disconnect from the internet.

This post has been edited by ReaperMan: 03 July 2011 - 10:33 PM

30. Haven't played it much lately.
There is a challenge that gives as high as 50,000 XP when completed.

For some reason, the pistol is faster to melee hit with than the bare hands with steroids? Pistol rocks in close and long distance.

View PostReaperMan, on 03 July 2011 - 04:34 PM, said:

I know right? Everytime I see someone using it, I just toss a pipebomb and that's the end of it. But when I use it, people will send me hate messages after or during the matches, calling me a pussy for using it, lol. Yet those same people will ALWAYS try, but just get killed. My weapon of choice is the shotgun though. Nothing feels as good as shooting someone's head off with one solid blast.

User is offline   ThePinkus 

View Postthelegend4ever, on 04 July 2011 - 02:51 PM, said:

I know right? Everytime I see someone using it, I just toss a pipebomb and that's the end of it. But when I use it, people will send me hate messages after or during the matches, calling me a pussy for using it, lol. Yet those same people will ALWAYS try, but just get killed. My weapon of choice is the shotgun though. Nothing feels as good as shooting someone's head off with one solid blast.

The shotgun is the best weapon in DNF for me. It just feels really good and sounds good too.

User is offline   Anakin8th 

26 :)

View PostMicky C, on 17 June 2011 - 05:54 AM, said:

So what level are you currently at for multiplayer in DNF? I was just wondering where everyone's currently at. I know level is based on experience points which don't neccessarily affect skill, but it'll be a fun thing to know.

I just reached level 25, and I think the highest anyone has reached according to the leaderboards is 40-something, but you can clearly tell they're cheaters.

If you want to level up quickly, I recommend using mutators such as knuckle sandwich and the sort. Because the fastest way to level up is by completing challenges such as killing a certain amount of people with trip-mines or fists, and these are things you wouldn't normally do in regular play.

Dude,I'm lv.30 on the XBOX 360
You can see me in the leaderboards (DanteplyX)
Around 500 and who knows after this post I'll be around 400 or 300.
I *BEEP*ING LOVE THIS GAME!

My favorite weapons are The golden M.1911,Shotgun,The Ripper,Devastor,Pipebombs,and the fists!

-lDanteX01l

View PostMicky C, on 17 June 2011 - 05:54 AM, said:

So what level are you currently at for multiplayer in DNF? I was just wondering where everyone's currently at. I know level is based on experience points which don't neccessarily affect skill, but it'll be a fun thing to know.

I just reached level 25, and I think the highest anyone has reached according to the leaderboards is 40-something, but you can clearly tell they're cheaters.

If you want to level up quickly, I recommend using mutators such as knuckle sandwich and the sort. Because the fastest way to level up is by completing challenges such as killing a certain amount of people with trip-mines or fists, and these are things you wouldn't normally do in regular play.

Dude,I'm lv.30 on the XBOX 360
You can see me in the leaderboards (DanteplyX)
Around 500 and who knows after this post I'll be around 400 or 300.
I *BEEP*ING LOVE THIS GAME!

My favorite weapons are The golden M.1911,Shotgun,The Ripper,Devastor,Pipebombs,and the fists!

-lDanteX01l

I from denmark and i love acting like a dick when i can hear someone speaking danish in their mics. They are like, wtf, he understand what we are saying? It is surprising to see how many danes you run into with mics.

This post has been edited by rasmus thorup: 09 July 2011 - 05:58 AM

• Honored Donor

Haha, I remember one time when this guy was writing messages in german in game, so having studied german for 3 years (but I've forgotten 95% of it) said "ich spreche Deutsch sehr gut" and I didn't see any more german messages Posted Image

Made it to level 33. I'm in the top 200 on the PC leaderboard, with a kill/death ratio of 1.2 (had to work my way up from less than 0.5 from the early days) and a win/loss ratio of 0.9 from a mixture of all game modes.

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

XP is a poor measure of skill though as it accumulates simply by playing.

I'd say that score per minute (not calculated in DNF) is the most important stat in team-based game modes and KD in deathmatch, assuming the sample size is large enough. (These two stats are not mutually exclusive, btw.)

This post has been edited by Mikko_Sandt: 10 July 2011 - 05:46 AM

• Honored Donor

I don't think it should show your kill/death ratio or win/lose ratio from your entire online history from the moment you started playing the game, at least not by default. It should only show your stats from the past month or two months or a similar set period of time, as that would be a much better assessment of your current skill level on dukematch.

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

True, but that wouldn't make you better relative to others because everyone's current stats are affected by their history.

User is offline   Jeff 

Currently I'm level 23. I haven't played recently because I'm too afraid I'll run into cheaters. Wonder if there's a way around that?

Just curious, but do you guys host your own games, or do the quick match thing which picks a random server and game mode to join? Maybe I'd have better luck hosting my own game.

This post has been edited by Jeff: 10 July 2011 - 12:08 PM

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

View PostJeff, on 10 July 2011 - 12:03 PM, said:

Wonder if there's a way around that?

Yes. Simply stop thinking everyone cheats. I haven't come across a single cheater.

Just curious, but do you guys host your own games, or do the quick match thing which picks a random server and game mode to join?

Neither. I use the browser.

Currently I'm level 23. I haven't played recently because I'm too afraid I'll run into cheaters. Wonder if there's a way around that?

Just curious, but do you guys host your own games, or do the quick match thing which picks a random server and game mode to join? Maybe I'd have better luck hosting my own game.

I always host my own games. Everytime I seem to join a quick match, I just join games that have people do nothing but spam an infinite devestator :). No skill at all. Anytime I'm in an unlimited ammo match, I just finish it up and then leave ASAP. Shit gets boring fast. Might take a minute to get a match going when you're hosting, but it's worth it.

Yesterday i played and i had a pretty good score around 17 kills and 2 deaths, i'm not very good at multiplayer, but sometimes you just kick ass. And there are always some people to think that you cheat when you play really good. When so many people play the same game, it is not unlikely to run into someone who is on a rampage like i was.

User is offline   Jeff 

View Postthelegend4ever, on 10 July 2011 - 12:48 PM, said:

I always host my own games. Everytime I seem to join a quick match, I just join games that have people do nothing but spam an infinite devestator :). No skill at all. Anytime I'm in an unlimited ammo match, I just finish it up and then leave ASAP. Shit gets boring fast. Might take a minute to get a match going when you're hosting, but it's worth it.

I'll look into it.

Yes. Simply stop thinking everyone cheats. I haven't come across a single cheater.

I never said that everyone cheats.

• Honored Donor

I use the game browser. And with the cheating, I'm at level 33, and I've only ever seen one person cheat. He was nailing everyone with the pistol in hardly any shots. He was so 'good' that after I used a jump pad and was flying through the air, he got me in 2 shots (remember, he only started shooting after I was in the air and killed me before I hit the ground.) Everyone was getting pissed off at him, and the host closed the server to create a private server away from this guy. I joined another game which was fists and pipebombs only (knuckle sandwich), later on he joined and said "no guns, no fun" or something like that. Funniest line ever (I assume aimbots don't work with fists and pipebombs).

View Postrasmus thorup, on 10 July 2011 - 01:36 PM, said:

Yesterday i played and i had a pretty good score around 17 kills and 2 deaths, i'm not very good at multiplayer, but sometimes you just kick ass. And there are always some people to think that you cheat when you play really good. When so many people play the same game, it is not unlikely to run into someone who is on a rampage like i was.

Haha sometimes I'm so good even I would have sworn I was cheating Posted Image

User is offline   Jeff 

View PostMicky C, on 10 July 2011 - 05:33 PM, said:

I joined another game which was fists and pipebombs only (knuckle sandwich), later on he joined and said "no guns, no fun" or something like that. Funniest line ever (I assume aimbots don't work with fists and pipebombs).

Can't win without his semi-automatic pistol or whatever. Heh heh heh.

Anyways I just added up the total amount of XP for fun. My math might be off by 1000-5000 XP, but this gives you an idea on how much XP the achievements give you in total.

Total: 881,490 XP. Complete everything: 981,490 XP.

• Honored Donor

That is a fun fact. Personally I don't take much notice of XP itself though.

User is offline   Hool 

I am level 21. I find that levelling up is a bit slow at times, but I get a lot of XP on Infinite Ammo + Duke Burger. Dat Pipebombs!

Where is the enforcer gun in the morningwood multiplayer level? I know that you have to pull a lever, but what does it do?

User is offline   Lunick 

View Postrasmus thorup, on 20 July 2011 - 04:12 PM, said:

Where is the enforcer gun in the morningwood multiplayer level? I know that you have to pull a lever, but what does it do?

That leads to a Secret Area with Pipe Bombs and Tripmines. I think the Enforcer Gun is in one of the Shrinking Areas.

Oh ok. You can get into that area too by shrinking yourself. So i thought that it led to something else. I'll try and see if i can find that gun :(

• Honored Donor

It's in the central building on the ground floor in a pile of hay. The entrance is on the side of the map with the devastator. In fact, the entrance to the building is directly opposite the devastator. There's a tiny passage into the hay. There are shrink pads on both sides of the door.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options