Duke4.net Forums: Anyone beat Insane mode yet? - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Anyone beat Insane mode yet?

User is offline   Madmaxwell 

I was just wondering if there was a different ending or more stuff you unlock, I just beat it on come get some :D

User is offline   Blasfemon 

Almost at the end of it on Damn im good.

Spoiler

I think i'm gonna start it now :D

User is offline   Stabs 

At the demo desert level now, The railgun is not a super weapon in damn iam good, if you want to put a pig into beserker mode, by all means, shoot him with the railgun

Yea it sucks. The turret missions are the by far hardest.

User is offline   johndough 

I beat it. The ending wasn't different.

User is offline   ThePinkus 

What about extras unlocks? Anything for the hardest difficulty?

All I got for beating it was the achievement.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Are there any real differences between damn I'm good and come get some besides the enemies dealing more damage and perhaps more enemies? I mean in Duke 3D the enemies came back to life if you didn't blow them up, I was just wondering if anything like that happened in DNF.

No, the enemies don't respawn in DNF.

User is offline   Ronin 

Im playing it on hard atm and I find some parts nearly too hard but I eventually get through them, just killed the Octaking suprisingly on first go after hearing Davox say that you pipebomb the Octabrains then focus on the big guy, and it worked flawlessly.
Id say insane is horrible, the turret parts (shudders) Im not looking forward to.

User is offline   tryppy 

I have beat insane. No cheats. Some of the boss fights were pretty difficult. I was ready to bash my keyboard a few times. It's a lot of repetition and if you loose the slightest bit of awareness, you're toast.

My only issue is that i'm 1 achievement away from 100% SP. It's the Gunslinger achievement. As far as I knew I carried the golden pistol all the way through the game but when I made it to the final boss I accidentally dropped it and when I realized the boss had a couple shots left till it was dead. I spent a good 10+mins running around dodging everything and trying to find where I dropped it. Finally found it, killed him and only got the insane achievement.

Since I can't tell exactly where I messed up the achievement. I plan on beating the game for the 3rd time. (On easy lol)

No changes to the spawns on insane except they take and give more dmg it seems.

This post has been edited by tryppy: 19 June 2011 - 03:24 PM

User is offline   Madmaxwell 

Man we need an editor so bad I am totally going to make the equivalent of a master quest mode if they ever put it out. replace assault troopers with pig cops ect :3

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

I beat it last night. It was rough.

There are more enemies on certain parts on insane (desert comes to mind).

Last boss isn't that much more difficult imho, just longer (really becomes endurance fight).

Octaking on the other hand... is... insane... Also 'some' turret parts.

Got the achievement though :D (persistance and clever use of game mechanics!).

And the railgun becoms almost obsolete, since you need at least 2 hits for most enemies to kill them. Shotgun damage up close is better than railgun. Shrink Ray *shines* if used properly.

User is offline   Betelgeuse 

• Honored Donor

well after finishing it on "lets rock" and then going to "Damn I'm Good" the difference is huge. I wasn't sure if the Enemies felt tougher or if dukes arsenal had been replaced with rubber bullets. It was tough, died a whole bunch of times, especially with the octaking, without beer and holoduke it probably would have taken me a LOT longer. Unfortunately all you get is the achievement for finishing it on "insane" but that's all i was expecting i guess.

I am gonna try the game on easy for fun, insane wasn't that bad, only the turret parts were crazy, rest weren't that bad.

User is offline   Giskard 

Do I still get the achievement if I beat Insane mode with cheats?

I don't think so. I think when you look at the extras cheats, the game tells you if you do?

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

View PostGiskard, on 23 June 2011 - 10:39 AM, said:

Do I still get the achievement if I beat Insane mode with cheats?

Yes, you'll get the "Worthless noskill giganoob" achievement.

User is offline   Giskard 

View PostMikko_Sandt, on 23 June 2011 - 11:25 AM, said:

Yes, you'll get the "Worthless noskill giganoob" achievement.

Couldn't just answer a simple question, huh?

No, using cheats likes god mode, unlimited ammo etc will not register completion of certain parts (notably boss fights)

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I used got mode at the very end of the lady killer, and it didn't count as having done that level on Damn I'm Good! :)

It's extremely frustrating, because you have 4 pigcops which seemingly come out of nowhere each time, that's 4 pigcops unexpectedly all jumping at you at once, with only a shotgun to fight them off, which is impossible because it needs at least 2 shots to kill a pig cop, and considering that a pigcop in close range can kill you in a second, taking on 4 at once in super close range does not fare well. The only way to get any decent damage out of the shotgun is basically to fire at point black range, and if you get that close, the pig cops jump at you and reduce your ego to nothing in two swipes.

In addition, during the firs turret section, I was doing perfectly fine, but before the turrect session finished, an unarmed pigcop sneaked up on me from behind, and killed me! WTF! They can't restrict your view like that in a turret section, and then send an enemy in behind like that, it's probably the most unfair circumstance I've come across in a game.

What makes it all the more frustrating, is that they were clearly lazy when it comes to implementing the harder difficulty settings, particularly the hardest. There should really only be 2 ways to make a game harder; add more enemies, and make the AI smarter. However DNF's main way of increasing the difficulty is simply making the weapons weaker, and the aliens' attacks stronger. Pure laziness. It's easy to simply code it so that damage amounts are changed, but it takes time to manually put in more enemies in strategic locations, or code a better AI.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

You can get out of the turret if you want...

NOW I WANT TO KNOW HOW THE FUCK DO I GET PAST CRASH COURSE FOR FUCKS SAKE.

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

View PostMicky C, on 24 June 2011 - 05:00 AM, said:

I used got mode at the very end of the lady killer, and it didn't count as having done that level on Damn I'm Good! :)

What exactly would be the point of allowing cheating when trying to obtain achievements? If someone completes the game on Insane using cheats, what kind of an achievement is that?

I don't remember what the crash course is you are talking about :) I found insane mode pretty easy, there were a few hard moments. The moment in the lady killer is pretty hard. So many damn pigs. But if you use steroids it get's easier.

This post has been edited by rasmus thorup: 25 June 2011 - 12:08 PM

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Crash course is the turret section with ships shooting at you from all over the place.

User is offline   Mack 

I'm on my 3rd play through of the game (twice on Come Get Some) and doing Damn, I'm Good right now. I'm finding I'm enjoying this difficulty more.

View PostDavoX, on 25 June 2011 - 08:43 AM, said:

NOW I WANT TO KNOW HOW THE FUCK DO I GET PAST CRASH COURSE FOR FUCKS SAKE.

I just finished this part, took about half a dozen tries and I found that you have to pick and choose your battles. Close to the end you'll get that 6 or 8 ships that'll come in pairs. One of the ships will have a short pass while the other will have a longer pass. Destroy the ones with the longer pass, while the shorter ones will do damage you'll still be able to push on. Best of luck.

I just started Damn, I'm Good today, got to Vegas in Ruins. Absolutely dreading Crash Course, lol

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

6 or 8 ships in pair? FUCK I DIE AT THE 3RD OR 4TH AND THERE ARE EVEN MORE?

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options