Duke4.net Forums: Theme Song - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Theme Song  "Megatron cover"

Hello all ya crazy Dukes!

Now, the first game I ever fucking played in my intire life, was DN 1... No, not mario or tetris or any other shit. It was DN 1. Since then my life went on into many directions. Music being one of them.

I play in a heavy metal band, called Megatron. Well, gee..

Anyways, I would be honored to get some comments on the song we recorded. Titled "Duke Nukem"

:) Hope you all had a Dukin' christmas

The music, here:
http://www.myspace.c...egatronofficial

User is offline   Iggy 

I like it, clearly it's loyal to the original. I would personally lower the number of Duke quotes myself.

And now I'm gonna check out the other songs. Yeah, I love metal.

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

Super cool. Got an MP3 of that? We can host it along with the rest. :)

View PostYatta, on Dec 27 2007, 10:24 AM, said:

Super cool. Got an MP3 of that? We can host it along with the rest. :)

You can download it from the myspace page... just press.... download..

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

But you need to have a myspace account to download it.

View PostDavoX, on Dec 27 2007, 11:29 AM, said:

But you need to have a myspace account to download it.

Then get a myspace account ;P

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

View PostAleksander Vinter, on Dec 27 2007, 11:25 AM, said:

You can download it from the myspace page... just press.... download..

Ah, got it. Thanks loov. I'll do a news item on it later.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

You're not very good at promoting your music, are you? :)

View PostDavoX, on Dec 27 2007, 03:36 PM, said:

You're not very good at promoting your music, are you? :)

Actually, im a music producer... Promoting is what I do. Every day. B)

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Well in that case you'd provide an easy and fast download for your fans so more people can get to know you better :).

View PostDavoX, on Dec 28 2007, 07:04 AM, said:

Well in that case you'd provide an easy and fast download for your fans so more people can get to know you better :).

its pretty obvious how to get the track. It says download on the myspace page. Its only on myspace, yet. If YOU cant download it, because you dont have an account, then someone else will... Logic, man... Someone asked me if they could get it on the forum DL page, and I said, sure, go ahead.. And beyond that.. psh.. you know..

Stop making trouble and asking silly questions or else the duke will nuke you.. B)

User is offline   aftli 

View PostAleksander Vinter, on Dec 28 2007, 11:59 AM, said:

its pretty obvious how to get the track. It says download on the myspace page. Its only on myspace, yet. If YOU cant download it, because you dont have an account, then someone else will... Logic, man... Someone asked me if they could get it on the forum DL page, and I said, sure, go ahead.. And beyond that.. psh.. you know..

Stop making trouble and asking silly questions or else the duke will nuke you.. :)

I've never posted here, but I had to chime in. Please don't assume that:

a. Everybody in the world has a shitspace account
b. Everybody that doesn't have a shitspace account, wants to have one

The song is pretty good, and I'm no metal head. But you need to branch out beyond Myspace. Myspace was originally intended for musicians, and it's nice that you are on there. But never assume that anybody has a Myspace account, or even has any sort of remote interest in having one. Myspace is literally the single worst thing that has ever happened to the internet, in my opinion, and that isn't just my opinion. Most people wish that Myspace would die a really horrible quick death already.

Your best bet, especially on a forum, is to provide a direct link to the songs MP3. There are plenty of hosting options available, and you should have no problem finding an actual web host (ie. not shitspace). There are many people that are very much against compulsory registrations to download things, which is why sites like BugMeNot exist.

EDIT: B-right-parenthesis is apparently a smiley.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Hey don't critic his knowledge! after all... he's a "music producer" :)

Just kidding B).

What I've got from your post if I don't download from myspace, then someone else will do it....ok I get that... But how is that logic? Should I wait for someone ELSE to get the file and then ask that person? I know it can happen, someone get's the song, hosts it somewhere on a direct link and everyone is happy, I get that... The problem is that it's your work to put it on a direct link, since you want to be well known and everything. You really think you're gonna get more fans waiting for them to "spread your music" and do your dirty work? B).

User is offline   rockmx8 

Well at least he's letting us download it somewhere dude, and now it's available on Duke4.net as well.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Yep, good job Duke4.net :)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options