Duke4.net Forums: Now installing Duke Nukem Forever! Holy shit! - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Now installing Duke Nukem Forever! Holy shit!

User is offline   kaisersoze 

• Honored Donor

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am now installing the PC version of Duke Nukem Forever. After a 14 year journey, I have reached the end. Posted Image

Or is it the beginning? Posted Image

Always bet on Duke. Posted Image

Never lose faith Posted Image

And never, ever give up.

Posted Image

-Kaiser

I hope you will enjoy it man, take your time and don't rush the singleplayer!

User is offline   Engel220 

Take your time and look around, you'll enjoy it more if you pace yourself.

User is offline   DN4EVR 

I just got mine......coincedence???
:D :dukecry: B)

User is offline   coheed82 

Yay!
good for you guys, now if ya able actually play this offline ill be impressed, as i cant seem to figure this out and no one will help me.
do i go to properties in steam dnf? or steam setting and try something there, this is the full game now not the demo so what is the issue? Plz help thanks. :dukecry:

• Honored Donor

Try going into steam properties first. That should do the trick.

User is offline   Alithinos 

View Postcoheed82, on 14 June 2011 - 07:34 AM, said:

Yay!
good for you guys, now if ya able actually play this offline ill be impressed, as i cant seem to figure this out and no one will help me.
do i go to properties in steam dnf? or steam setting and try something there, this is the full game now not the demo so what is the issue? Plz help thanks. :dukecry:

you want to play DNF while steam is in offline mode ?

that's simple.
unplug the ethernet cable from your pc,and try to start DNF.
A steam dialogue box will open and you will have the options to a) retry to connect b)play offline c) quit.
Click on the play offline option.

Sorry guys, i didnt explain this good enough for a proper answer.
im playing online, ok
I click - go offline - then - restart in offline mode -
now back in the Library of my games and BAM dnf & dnf demo are gone!!
i click the desktop shortcut it does nothing. it says Duke nukem forever with a '2' @ the bottom right of the icon...
i roll the mouse over that, and it states steam://rungameid with afew numbers... this ICON does nothing. i delete the icon as it is a shortcut only, then going into steam Online again -- and into the dnf properties in steam. i click "create desktop shortcut" and it says "it could not create one as there is one probably already there"!! ?

so i go down to the start menu, type in duke nukem forever & get the display window up to see the two games listed duke nukem forever & duke nukem forever demo with the Nuclear symbold next to them, i create a new desktop shortcut for dnf, and it is the same, with that (2) on the icon!!
and again this icon goes no where...
Look, i installed dnf... been playing online but for it to dissapear as soon as i choose offline mode wtf?
Please if my more in depth post here helps give you the information to properly address me with the right answer ill be most pleased. thankyou guys.. :dukecry:

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Try the STEAM forums.

I just happen to be installing my freshly opened copy as im typing this, too.

Glorious.

ok. i now have gotten rid of the duke nukem forever shortcut (2) again
typing dukeforever at startmenu gets me the "proper" shortcut. However, it doesnt work clicking it offline, online however it runs the game.
ill try steam forums 2, but this is meant to be easy! i got retail mafia 2 and i can play that offline with no need to plug in my internet connection..
ok, anyone here who is installing it now will surely know. You install, get the last bits thru steam and bam, play online.... happy, but click Offline and i dare say that ur game will dissapear from steam til ur back online.

User is offline   Eldin61 

Yo man got my copy today,I got the same problem.doesnt want to play offline

User is offline   You 

View PostEldin61, on 01 February 2012 - 11:08 AM, said:

Yo man got my copy today,I got the same problem.doesnt want to play offline

I was wondering what the hell was happening with everyone just getting the game now, then I checked the time stamps.

User is offline   thatguy 

Funny, I was sort of happy this was dug up. Reading all of the posts and all, I have to be a bit honest. DNF was not pure shit. Like most have said, take your time with the game. :D I still want to play the new DLC.

User is offline   crunchysuperman 

• Honored Donor

I miss Kaiser.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View Postcrunchysuperman, on 03 February 2012 - 06:07 PM, said:

I miss Kaiser.

Same here, man. Same here... Posted Image

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

What happened to him?

Just started playing through TDWCM and I'm really enjoying it.

This post has been edited by Tea Monster: 16 February 2012 - 05:15 PM

User is offline   xMobilemux 

I remember the day when I got DNF for the first time lol I brought home the Balls of Steel edition for the 360 and the King edition for PC :lol: I was so hyped and excited while installing it :P

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Yeah, then after playing the first few minutes, and the first hour or two, you probably kept telling yourself "it's still early on; it'll get better, it'll get better..." but it never gets better... I know I did :lol:

Edit: In fact, I was probably still telling myself that after 5 hours in. There's no sense of progression thanks to the two weapon limit :P

This post has been edited by Micky C: 20 February 2012 - 08:30 PM

View PostMicky C, on 20 February 2012 - 08:29 PM, said:

Yeah, then after playing the first few minutes, and the first hour or two, you probably kept telling yourself "it's still early on; it'll get better, it'll get better..." but it never gets better... I know I did :lol:

Edit: In fact, I was probably still telling myself that after 5 hours in. There's no sense of progression thanks to the two weapon limit :P

But the first few minutes or hour is the best part of the game. Not to mention the really fun Duke Burger part.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Yeah the cycloid emperor part was good, but then it went really slowly for a really long time, and it never really picked up the pace. In the instances where the pace did pick up, it didn't last too long and it was usually followed by a long sequence of nothing much happening. The combat itself also constitutes as nothing because Duke is forced to hide and do nothing to get his health back, which is quite often because Duke can't take many hits before the red flashing starts.

View PostMicky C, on 20 February 2012 - 08:46 PM, said:

Yeah the cycloid emperor part was good, but then it went really slowly for a really long time, and it never really picked up the pace. In the instances where the pace did pick up, it didn't last too long and it was usually followed by a long sequence of nothing much happening. The combat itself also constitutes as nothing because Duke is forced to hide and do nothing to get his health back, which is quite often because Duke can't take many hits before the red flashing starts.

They could of just followed the same level design techniques from Duke 3d and everyone would of been happy. :lol:

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View Posts.b.Newsom, on 20 February 2012 - 09:02 PM, said:

They could of just followed the same level design techniques from Duke 3d and everyone would of been happy. :lol:

But, that would make too much sense.

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

View Posts.b.Newsom, on 20 February 2012 - 09:02 PM, said:

I'm trying to think of a good counter-argument to that, and so far I can't think of anything except for "the game would be too difficult."

View PostThe Mighty Bison, on 21 February 2012 - 06:35 AM, said:

I'm trying to think of a good counter-argument to that, and so far I can't think of anything except for "the game would be too difficult."

I win! I think if modders were left to remake duke3d (not the reloaded gang), we would have some pretty amazing examples of how it could be done. :lol:

User is offline   ThePinkus 

View Posts.b.Newsom, on 20 February 2012 - 08:36 PM, said:

But the first few minutes or hour is the best part of the game. Not to mention the really fun Duke Burger part.

When your shrunk in the kitchen? Thats my favorite level. Yet I see a bunch of people bitch about it because first-person platforming was apparently suppose to die out a long time ago. I think its fun and better than shooting every 10 seconds.

This post has been edited by ThePinkus: 21 February 2012 - 06:51 PM

• Honored Donor

Awe man, I remember this post like yesterday! :) I really haven't gone anywhere. Laying low. It was a good time as any to take a step back and "take a break" from all the crazy stuff after release/finishing the game.
If anything, I think the future is bright for Duke and I suspect we'll be hearing more shortly regarding Duke's future.........I'd bet on it. :wub:

• Honored Donor

View Postcrunchysuperman, on 03 February 2012 - 06:07 PM, said:

I miss Kaiser.

I'm still here old man. :)

I suspect Gearbox will be turning their attention to Duke with both BL2 and ALIENS:CM finishing up shortly.

User is offline   Hool 

Looking back now, it's quite odd seeing peoples reactions to the game. On the "Expectations thread" over at the Gearbox Forums, people who hated the game said such thing's as "This game is going to be amazing", later when it is out those same people say "This is terrible".

You just can't please everyone these days. It's funny in a way that the DNF we have today is the same game from back in the 2008 Footage leak, even then the haters said "It looks amazing". Hey, even when the 2009 footage was leaked people still seemed to like it. But as soon as they laid there fingers onto their keyboards and played it for them selves, the forums lit up like a forest fire.

-Wheatley

View PostWheatleyNukem, on 03 April 2012 - 07:24 AM, said:

Looking back now, it's quite odd seeing peoples reactions to the game. On the "Expectations thread" over at the Gearbox Forums, people who hated the game said such thing's as "This game is going to be amazing", later when it is out those same people say "This is terrible".

You just can't please everyone these days. It's funny in a way that the DNF we have today is the same game from back in the 2008 Footage leak, even then the haters said "It looks amazing". Hey, even when the 2009 footage was leaked people still seemed to like it. But as soon as they laid there fingers onto their keyboards and played it for them selves, the forums lit up like a forest fire.

-Wheatley

So youve never got excited for something, later to find out its a steaming pile of shit?

Just let it be known, there was never going to be an "amazing" DNF, once they pretty much scrapped what was in the 2001 trailer.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options