Duke4.net Forums: Making some slight changes the names of sub-forums - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Making some slight changes the names of sub-forums

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Now that DNF and Duke Nukem 3D are both out, and both fairly popular, there are a lot of people coming onto the forum and a lot of them are posting in the wrong place. For the most part this is unavoidable, but the second time in a row, somebody has posted in the "bug reports and help me" section about DNF. This is because people join the forum looking for help and the first thing they see would be "bug reports and help me threads" so that's where they post without looking at which section it's in.

All I'm suggesting is to ram the point home by perhaps sticking 'eduke32' or something similar on the front so that people with DNF problems have more of a chance of figuring out that's not the right place to post.

Ultimately, I was wondering if it's possible that some kind of message appears when users first sign up telling them to acknowledge the different sections of the forum and where they need to post for specific issues, and to see whether a similar thread already exists. Because since DNF came out, this forum has become at least 5 times more active, and the amount of new threads in the wrong place, or threads on the same topic has increased by the same factor.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options