Duke4.net Forums: Triptych shortened the game. - Duke4.net Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Triptych shortened the game.  "possible spoiler"

User is offline   Madmaxwell 

View PostMad Max RW, on 21 June 2011 - 08:35 AM, said:

They had the resources (money) to buy the intellectual property, so claiming they didn't have the resources to finish the game is a weak argument.

The DNF team pwns there bosses Gearbox and 2K suck, pretty sure they did not want to make the 15 levels dlc, unless they truely were 100% broken. But if they are going to nickle and dime us for weapons I heard that is going to cost 10 dollars>___> 10 dollars for weapons that is bs, try again at 1.99 tops :/

User is offline   Outtagum 

The first dlc is multiplayer and will be sold for 9.99. Other than that we do not know what exactly will be in it.

View PostAlithinos, on 17 June 2011 - 04:05 AM, said:

Fo example in 2008 3D Realms gave us a screenshot of a girl trapped in that green alien substance and her vagina and asshole where visible.When the game was released we found out that they put bikinis on them.

WTF? :D

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

What is really funny is that they censor woman but left things like this in the game

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Fox: 21 June 2011 - 11:18 PM

User is offline   Kathy 

Hmm, I don't see anything.

User is offline   Fox 

Besides the male taint (perineum) you can see the Enforcer anus

However they don't let you see that on the woman

This post has been edited by Fox: 22 June 2011 - 03:05 AM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostTetsuo, on 17 June 2011 - 11:26 PM, said:

Rise of The Triad had a weapons limit. I'm pretty sure Marathon did too.

I don't think Marathon had a weapon limit, although it's a great game that I haven't though about in a while. Last time I looked it up, it had a next-gen renderer not unlike our on polymer renderer running on Aleph One, and their HRP is getting normal maps and stuff too. If I ever get a block of free time, I'll play through the games again. (Thank god it's completely free now)

User is offline   Kathy 

I doubt there were actually modelled women anuses. Just butts. You can see butt it Heavy Rain, btw.

User is offline   Blasfemon 

You can see "lips" on the female sculptures :D

If you are looking for dicks or anuses in male alien 3d models, does it make you an ETofile or just gay?

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 22 June 2011 - 05:25 AM

:D

That reminds me... the Enforcers didn't take shits like in Duke 3D.

User is offline   Fox Mulder 

View PostZor, on 22 June 2011 - 06:55 PM, said:

:D

"Shit happens".

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

The Enforcers seem overall a lot less primal and barbaric in DNF than in Duke3D. In fact, they seem more orderly than the Assault Captains/Commanders.

User is offline   Fox 

View PostMr.Deviance, on 22 June 2011 - 05:24 AM, said:

If you are looking for dicks or anuses in male alien 3d models, does it make you an ETofile or just gay?

The giant dude fell straight off in my face, how couldn't I notice?

Of course a giant naked woman falling with her legs open over Duke is too much for this game while a giant male alien is ok

This post has been edited by Fox: 22 June 2011 - 08:20 PM

User is offline   Raziel 

View PostMad Max RW, on 21 June 2011 - 08:35 AM, said:

They had the resources (money) to buy the intellectual property, so claiming they didn't have the resources to finish the game is a weak argument.

Hang on a sec, you're talking about Gearbox, I'm talking about Triptych who actually finished the single player game. They worked out of one of the houses of one of the developers, didn't get paid and worked many hours overtime. It was this small group that finished the single player campaign. Gearbox only entered the picture after this. Gearbox basically added multiplayer, ported it to consoles, and tweaked it for release. So it's not a weak argument, they really didn't have any resources until after the single player game was finished. Yes, GBX could have spent millions on enhancing the single player, but they didn't, they purchased it as a complete single player game, and tweaked it for release. That's all there is to it.

User is offline   Kyphros 

View PostAlithinos, on 11 June 2011 - 09:53 AM, said:

It's nothing like 4 or 5 Call of Duties Randy said in Pax.

Hey, it lasted 2 Call of Duty for me. So I guess that the last Call of Duty-length levels are in the DLC and weren't "polished" on time for the launch.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostRaziel, on 23 June 2011 - 05:55 AM, said:

Hang on a sec, you're talking about Gearbox, I'm talking about Triptych who actually finished the single player game. They worked out of one of the houses of one of the developers, didn't get paid and worked many hours overtime. It was this small group that finished the single player campaign. Gearbox only entered the picture after this. Gearbox basically added multiplayer, ported it to consoles, and tweaked it for release. So it's not a weak argument, they really didn't have any resources until after the single player game was finished. Yes, GBX could have spent millions on enhancing the single player, but they didn't, they purchased it as a complete single player game, and tweaked it for release. That's all there is to it.

Actually, I believe Piranha Games did the multiplayer.

This post has been edited by Captain Awesome: 23 June 2011 - 09:06 AM

User is offline   Stewox 

It ended quicker than i though , they shortened the game because they probably didn't finish the 15 levels on time

User is offline   Kyphros 

View PostStewox, on 23 June 2011 - 09:58 AM, said:

It ended quicker than i though , they shortened the game because they probably didn't finish the 15 levels on time

And that's probably the DLC we will get.

View PostFox, on 21 June 2011 - 11:05 PM, said:

What is really funny is that they censor woman but left things like this in the game

Posted Image

What censors ?
The only thing that has been censored or really glitched in game are the blood decals.

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

The aliens in UT2003 also have pussies, but you gotta die in just the right position. Usually on a very small hill.

It rarely happens but they are there.

User is offline   SavagE 

View PostZor, on 22 June 2011 - 06:55 PM, said:

:P

Yeah, I was hoping all the time, during my playthrough, that I will encounter an alien on a toilet. I was checking all the bathrooms, no luck :)

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Well there's a cardboard one in Hollywood Holocaust :)

User is offline   blueyes77 

I dont understand, why whine, game was cheap when it came to steam and of course they have counted 3 dlc to cost about 30$ more.
This is all very exciting to see, how all gamers were pissed in eye like that alien bastard in the end:D

I demand rights to that endboss and us customers, we must have those DLC for free, otherwise forget about buying sequel or ever again gearbox & taketwo game.

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

View Postblueyes77, on 27 June 2011 - 07:48 AM, said:

I dont understand, why whine, game was cheap when it came to steam and of course they have counted 3 dlc to cost about 30$ more.

I'm sorry.
In terms of game pricing, $50 is not cheap.
Not by any stretch of the imagination.

User is offline   blueyes77 

View PostThe Mighty Bison, on 27 June 2011 - 07:54 AM, said:

I'm sorry.
In terms of game pricing, $50 is not cheap.
Not by any stretch of the imagination.

Its cheap, we usually have to pay 60€ for AAA titles, sooooo... but i am happy that console version costs over 65€ here in EU stores:D
btw:
It was sarcasm, but really compared to COD:MW2 price when it came out...

User is offline   LkMax 

View Postblueyes77, on 27 June 2011 - 07:58 AM, said:

Its cheap, we usually have to pay 60€ for AAA titles, sooooo... but i am happy that console version costs over 65€ here in EU stores:D
btw:
It was sarcasm, but really compared to COD:MW2 price when it came out...

And $50 for regular titles, wich DNF is.
Also, Activision loves to keep the prices the highest possible in every aspect (15 bucks for just 3 f*cking maps? Seriously). Call of Duty is not an AAA title.

User is offline   Raziel 

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 23 June 2011 - 09:03 AM, said:

Actually, I believe Piranha Games did the multiplayer.

Yes, but that's not really the point... Gearbox funded it. Who actually did the work is not really important in this discussion. The point is, once it entered Gearbox's hands, money went into polishing what was there, and developing multiplayer and console ports. It is my understanding that they didn't spend a significant amount developing the single player game further because the assumption was that it was already complete.

The single player was completed with pretty much no resources available, how much money Gearbox had, had little to do with it since that money was spent elsewhere, not so much on the single player experience.

I've always thought that GBX should have just released the single player on its own (like a year ago), multiplayer should have been a DLC a year later, and they should have spent more money on getting the single player game right. There are also other things I would have done differently to them, like making the mapping tools available on day 1, but it kinda looks like the game development community is slowly moving away from giving people access to mod games. It is a pretty sad decision in my opinion since that is what actually created many of the developers in this day and age.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Releasing the MP later isn't a bad idea, actually. It expanded Postal 2's life span quite a bit.

User is offline   Raziel 

View PostCaptain Awesome, on 28 June 2011 - 11:03 AM, said:

Releasing the MP later isn't a bad idea, actually. It expanded Postal 2's life span quite a bit.

Indeed. I might even have pushed for a bit of a hybrid release, where you release DNF SP + basic Duke Match on the existing SP maps, then later to a full multiplayer DLC with all the other game modes etc. Console ports are another interesting one, again, this is something I probably would have released after the PC game was shipped and out the door. The way I see it, the game was pretty much delayed on the PC for the multiplayer and console ports.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options