Duke4.net Forums: Multiplayer Discussion Thread - Duke4.net Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Multiplayer Discussion Thread  "It's so much fun!"

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View Postthelegend4ever, on 15 September 2011 - 04:25 PM, said:

I've been a level 42 for awhile now and I'm number 9 on the leaderboards. But even I gotta say, the netcode is just shit. It's so damn hard to kill people with the smaller weapons due to it's horrible lag. I remember this was promised to be patched a long ass time ago...and as you can see, they kept on their word.

Lol i should be #21.... but my internet gets disconnected so often with this game that it keeps getting reset and i know for a fact that i'm not the only one who has this problem.

View PostReaperMan, on 15 September 2011 - 07:08 PM, said:

Lol i should be #21.... but my internet gets disconnected so often with this game that it keeps getting reset and i know for a fact that i'm not the only one who has this problem.

I feel ya. Actually, this happens quite often with me too. I could be in the lead by 20 kills, and then the game just freezes. I always host my own matches, so I know it's got nothing to do with my net. It's just the game's servers are complete shit. Then I have to restart it again while getting messages from dumbasses saying "Pussy. Ur too scared"...despite me layin the smackdown on them. I play on the 360 version FYI, lol.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View Postthelegend4ever, on 15 September 2011 - 09:51 PM, said:

I feel ya. Actually, this happens quite often with me too. I could be in the lead by 20 kills, and then the game just freezes. I always host my own matches, so I know it's got nothing to do with my net. It's just the game's servers are complete shit. Then I have to restart it again while getting messages from dumbasses saying "Pussy. Ur too scared"...despite me layin the smackdown on them. I play on the 360 version FYI, lol.

I bet you ran into Lones7ar1, Defcon and SDA is back then.

This post has been edited by ReaperMan: 16 September 2011 - 04:37 PM

View PostReaperMan, on 16 September 2011 - 04:36 PM, said:

I bet you ran into Lones7ar1, Defcon and SDA is back then.

Yeah I know them from Duke 3D. Defcon is a huge shit talker with a shitty Australian connection and blames other people for the game lagging. Lonestar is an ok dude. He's aittle too good in DN3D and is number one on both games. I really don't see how he's "The True Duke" in DNF in that short amount of time...unless he was boosting cuz I've RARELY seen him on there. I've even beaten him a couple times.

User is offline   You 

View Postthelegend4ever, on 16 September 2011 - 06:10 PM, said:

Yeah I know them from Duke 3D. Defcon is a huge shit talker with a shitty Australian connection and blames other people for the game lagging. Lonestar is an ok dude. He's aittle too good in DN3D and is number one on both games. I really don't see how he's "The True Duke" in DNF in that short amount of time...unless he was boosting cuz I've RARELY seen him on there. I've even beaten him a couple times.

It saddens me that you both know the same players in a random online multiplayer game.

View PostYou, on 22 September 2011 - 11:47 AM, said:

It saddens me that you both know the same players in a random online multiplayer game.

Thank you for that cool story.

Anyways, donno if that's a diss, but just so you know the community on Live is VERY small, and the same people usually play that game. So yeah...

User is offline   You 

View Postthelegend4ever, on 22 September 2011 - 11:51 AM, said:

Thank you for that cool story.

Anyways, donno if that's a diss, but just so you know the community on Live is VERY small, and the same people usually play that game. So yeah...

You obviously didn't get my point.

What I was pointing out was that <6 months in, the community for this game is more or less dead. No one on this forum wanted that.

Like I said, I donno if it was a diss or not, so I was explainin just in case it was. Glad there's an undertstanding.

User is offline   Jeff 

I pretty much quit since I hit level 42. If there's no one to play with, then there's no point in continuing. Too bad they didn't have anything like bots or fake multiplayer like Duke 3D has.

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

I thought the number of servers jumped after the patch by a factor of 3-4.

I started playing DNF multyplayer with a 360 controller and i must say that after a minute i already miss the Keyboard and Mouse :(
I'm the same Zorg from GBX Forums by the way :(

This post has been edited by EvilEmperorZoRG {GR}: 20 October 2011 - 06:36 AM

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

I'm really liking the multiplayer. Especially the Hollywood map is a ton of fun. After having written the game off for several months, it's nice to find a bit of life in DNF. Shooting jet-packing campers out of the sky with the RPG just rocks.

I don't know if any patches that were included with the DLC fixed multiplayer issues, but I'm having a lot of dropped connections. Never had a problem with anything else though (AoE 3, Q4, D3, UT4).

Now if only we could make our own maps...

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I tried DNF multiplayer again just to try something different. There were 3 or 4 servers on, so I joined, and by god I quickly remembered why I stopped playing in the first place. The lag was unbelievable. A game like Serious Sam 3 is completely playable with a ping of almost 500 (yes, I've done it). Yet a game like Duke Nukem Forever is completely UNplayable at about 200. It's still got the issue where you you think you're somewhere, then suddenly you're somewhere else, and there's a most frustrating delay between the time you fire a shot, and the time it takes for the shot to reach the target. No wonder there are so few people playing.

• Polymancer

How did they screw up the networking of Unreal Tournament 2? I thought that had some of the most rock-solid net code in the business? It used to be THE net game back in the day.

User is offline   necroslut 

View PostMicky C, on 18 January 2012 - 03:16 AM, said:

I tried DNF multiplayer again just to try something different. There were 3 or 4 servers on, so I joined, and by god I quickly remembered why I stopped playing in the first place. The lag was unbelievable. A game like Serious Sam 3 is completely playable with a ping of almost 500 (yes, I've done it). Yet a game like Duke Nukem Forever is completely UNplayable at about 200. It's still got the issue where you you think you're somewhere, then suddenly you're somewhere else, and there's a most frustrating delay between the time you fire a shot, and the time it takes for the shot to reach the target. No wonder there are so few people playing.

Why is your ping that high? I've only had those lag issues a few times, maybe ten, but my ping in DNF is very rarely over 100.

• Honored Donor

I'm in Australia. Normally our internet is ok most of the time, not fantastic, but good enough. But when it comes to connecting to international servers our pings aren't so good. The US isn't as bad as the rest of the world though.

I managed to join a server where the ping was about 120, and that seemed quite playable. Mind you the ping was much lower in the server menu, and mysteriously went up once I was in the game.

I still don''t see why games with infinite ammo can still be played as ranked matches. The shit requires no skill whatsoever and is broken beyond belief. That being said, I'm still enjoying the DNF MP. I love the old school in yo' face fragging of yesteryear...unlike those shitty and immensely overrated MW games. I even convinced a friend of mine to try it out by renting it from her job (she said there was only one copy of the game that's been sitting there for months, shame). Turns out she ended up loving the MP and it's XP system. And then Mass Effect 3 came out, and well, you know the rest. Only other complaint I have about the MP is the lag. If it ran fluidly like Call of Duty, just think how much more enjoyable it'd be.

• Polymancer

How much cheating is going on? I'm strafing someone with the ripper and they are fine and then they get one shot at me with the pistol and I'm dead. I'm not sure if that is the crappy net code or if people have hacked the game.

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

I've played around 30 hours and haven't spotted any cheaters as far as I remember.

• Honored Donor

I'm on at least level 30 and I've only ever come across one guy with an aimbot. Everyone on that server then switched over to a game of knuckle sandwich (only fists, pipebombs and tripbombs) and when that guy joined he said "no guns no fun bro" and immediately quit...

User is offline   Jeff 

Just curious, how active is the multiplayer? I haven't played in months, but last time I did, there was only around 20 people playing it. Not sure if that's worldwide or in North America.

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

About the same: a server search usually comes up with 5-10 servers.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options