Duke4.net Forums: True Dnf Screenshot, And Video Unveiling By George - Duke4.net Forums

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

True Dnf Screenshot, And Video Unveiling By George

User is offline   trackit 

hehe :) i have many times before hoped to see the trailer, but not this time, my faith was down a bit and i was sure we wount see anything this year B) and here we go B)

Uhm, it doesn't look like much compared to Crysis. George had better switch to a newer engine before releasing the game. :)

JUST KIDDING! I posted this for the lulz! B)

Anyone who comes here to read this thread, read this post:
http://www.duke4.net/forums/index.php?show...&#entry5371

Not going to repost it.

User is offline   Micki! 

• Candy Consumptionist & Administrator

I read that...
I have a certain suspicion of what Yatta is talking about, and what he showed you guys... :)

I'm not gonna say more though...

User is offline   kaisersoze 

• Honored Donor

Well it's pretty much impossible to get through to the 3dr forums right now.

Hope I'll be able to get through for the trailer.

yap, cant get through to 3DR forums :) 4 hours left till noon B)

User is offline   Micki! 

I'll lower my expectations for the Teaser... The screenshot is awesome, but i don't want to assume all kinds of things will happen, only to realize that none of that is shown...

So what i expect...

Duke, his voice, and some text... that's it...

i expect to see Duke in motion and some pretty smooth animations :)

User is offline   Nacho 

Damn, can't get opn the forums. Joe said he'd have that fixed for staff members.

Someone know a good file sharing site? I'll upload the video...when its officially released that is.

User is offline   socaljim 

So does this mean we are very close to Duke Nukem Forever coming out because of the trailer or does it mean nothing?

User is offline   peoplessi 

• Honored Donor

View PostNacho, on Dec 19 2007, 04:32 PM, said:

Damn, can't get opn the forums. Joe said he'd have that fixed for staff members.

Someone know a good file sharing site? I'll upload the video...when its officially released that is.

There are many, but I think the links should be kept here. Since I'd imagine them to delete the teaser if it gets too much traffic - even if they claim to have unlimited bandwitdh.

zUpload
File Size Limit: 500MB
Download Limit: Unlimited
File Life: 30 Days (Deleted only if there is no download activity in 30 days)
URL: www.zupload.com

Spread-It
File Life: 14 Days
URL: www.spread-it.com

FileFactory
File Life: 15 Days (Deleted only if there is no download activity in 15 days)
URL: www.filefactory.com

mooload
URL: www.mooload.com

CyberUpload
File Life: 7 Days (Deleted only if there is no download activity in 7 days)
URL: www.cyberupload.com

Uploading

URL: www.uploading.com

is it possible to upload it to duke4.net also? what link do u guys have?

User is offline   Nacho 

View Postsocaljim, on Dec 19 2007, 06:35 AM, said:

So does this mean we are very close to Duke Nukem Forever coming out because of the trailer or does it mean nothing?

Well, media release is meant to begin the hype for DNF which usually means you have a year or so... but don't take my word for it I just piece together quotes from George to figure things out. Hell, maybe this isn't even supposed to start the media releases and its just an early bonus.

no George actually said "rest assured more will follow" or something like that... so it has to be the start of media releases.

User is offline   Nacho 

View Posttrackit, on Dec 19 2007, 06:42 AM, said:

no George actually said "rest assured more will follow" or something like that... so it has to be the start of media releases.

Of coarse more will follow. He just never specified if it will be in a month or a year. :)

I should really quit playing Devil's Advocate.

This is one of those occasions I wish the 3DR guys had those massive MSN convos we used to have except this time it would actually have a reason to do it.

hehe, i dont think he meant like more will follow in a year :)

Ya its been a long time since any media has been released. George released some screenshots last January and other than that he has been silent. I've been thinking about how many games have been released in just these past 2 years. I mean Grand Theft Auto IV is coming out in around 2 months or so and Crysis was released in November. It makes you wonder what really is taking the game so long?

The best FPS I have played in a long time is Call of Duty 4 on the Xbox360. It has great looking graphics but the interactivity, maps, special effects, and explosions are top notch. Also watching the "Kill Cam" from the point of view of the guy that killed you is awesome. I thought about Duke Nukem while playing COD4 and how you can have a great game without all of the latest graphics. I mean COD4 has great graphics but Crysis is a little bit better in my opinion. Duke doesn't have to beat out other games in a graphics contest it just has to be a great game and I believe it will. I wish the game development would just be completed already and I worry that 3dRealms is trying to make the "Ultimate Game" in the graphics department.

I would like to think that George and the developers are just adding the final touches and last minute updates to the game to polish DNF. But you never really know because we have not heard much from George since last January.

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

gamespot has the news, I haven't seen anything on Gamespy though. Eventually they will have the trailer up.
In fact, the trailer will be all over soon. About 2 hours before the internet explodes. Hold on to you butts.

User is offline   Micki! 

View Posttrackit, on Dec 19 2007, 03:39 PM, said:

is it possible to upload it to duke4.net also? what link do u guys have?

Yes we will...

But i believe that's Yatt's Job...
He's most confident with the file uploading thing, so he's probalby in charge when it comes to that...

But i am sure we'll have it on Duke4.net
That is, Duke4.net is using Edgefiles.com to store files at... and the servers there might get quite busy...

Maybe He'll have it on his Personal webspace though... I'll have to talk to him about this, to make sure all members get to watch, and download the video...

YouTube should be able to handle the traffic without any problems. Somebody should upload it on YouTube when the trailer is available.

youtube quality is bull...

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

Did everyone see Georges post:
100% in game (sans the intro and exit cut scene)
:) :double woot: B)

EDIT: For those who don't want to sit clicking F5 (page 8)

Aside from the intro and ending titles, and 2-3 Final Cut white flashes to accentuate music beats, the teaser is 100% captured from in game via Fraps.

Hope you like it.

nice, i just started to wonder if the teaser will be "ingame" or not :)

User is offline   Nacho 

Some problems I'm thinking will happen when the trailer is released:
1. Internet explodes
2. Bunch of new users invade the 3DR forum and begin a giant noob invasion of pwning proportions.
3. I have to clean it up and die in the attempt.

I really want to see something other then Duke in the teaser. An enemy would be nice.

User is offline   Iggy 

View PostNacho, on Dec 19 2007, 08:58 AM, said:

3. I have to clean it up and die in the attempt.

Yup, for King and Country. :)

View PostNacho, on Dec 19 2007, 08:58 AM, said:

I really want to see something other then Duke in the teaser. An enemy would be nice.

Ragdoll Octabrain comes to mind.

User is offline   Nacho 

View PostIggy, on Dec 19 2007, 08:05 AM, said:

Ragdoll Octabrain comes to mind.

Oooo...that sounds rather orgasmic.

the whole 3DR website is really slow now :) i just hope i will get to see the trailer today B)

over 3000 people are online at 3DR forums :) 1 hour to go B)

View Postsocaljim, on Dec 19 2007, 04:03 PM, said:

YouTube should be able to handle the traffic without any problems. Somebody should upload it on YouTube when the trailer is available.

No, someone should make a TORRENT of it! I don't want to see some craptastic blur, I want the real thing!

trailer is released :) B) B)

Share this topic:

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options