Duke4.net Forums: Finally, what about the gore? - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Finally, what about the gore?

User is offline   Mad Max RW 

The guy playing in the video and repeatedly bullshits on the forums is Adam Fletcher, Gearbox's marketing director and cliched forum admin with a Napoleon complex.

User is offline   Psyrgery 

The blood decals are broken. There are only 2 or 3 surfaces IN THE ENTIRE GAME where they actually work. As well as Duke's own shadow, some lights cast Duke's shadow, but in half of the game Duke would be shadowless. It definately looks wrong.

User is offline   SavagE 

View PostPsyrgery, on 12 June 2011 - 02:45 PM, said:

The blood decals are broken. There are only 2 or 3 surfaces IN THE ENTIRE GAME where they actually work. As well as Duke's own shadow, some lights cast Duke's shadow, but in half of the game Duke would be shadowless. It definately looks wrong.

the engine is a mess in general. Textures blurred, broken, not showing when ought to and shadows not cast properly or entirely. As for the gibs - they're even more broken.

User is offline   zwieback 

View PostSavagE, on 12 June 2011 - 03:53 PM, said:

the engine is a mess in general. Textures blurred, broken, not showing when ought to and shadows not cast properly or entirely. As for the gibs - they're even more broken.

^ this.

User is offline   Mad Max RW 

A week ago you guys would have been labeled as "haters". How quickly the tides turn.

User is offline   SavagE 

View PostMad Max RW, on 12 June 2011 - 04:03 PM, said:

A week ago you guys would have been labeled as "haters". How quickly the tides turn.

we were shown only small snippets of gibs, I didn't know that entire limbs tend to disappear... Besides, the game has a great fun factor but is crippled with bad game and level design. I'm not regretting buying it, but I think I'll sell my collector's edition stuff.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options