Duke4.net Forums: Finally, what about the gore? - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Finally, what about the gore?

So the wait is finally over guys. :dukecry:

Since I won't be able to play the game for some time, could someone tell me how the gore and blood decals turn out to be?
Same as in the demo I guess?

View PostGolden Diva, on 09 June 2011 - 02:26 PM, said:

So the wait is finally over guys. :dukecry:

Since I won't be able to play the game for some time, could someone tell me how the gore and blood decals turn out to be?
Same as in the demo I guess?

Goriest game I've ever played! Holy shit, I actually felt undigested food traveling backwards into my mouth a few times while playing it.
When you shoot a pig cop, you can see it's brains explode all over the walls and on your screen too.
Their god damn brains explode into such fine pieces that you can see their fucking ideas from their very neurons, splash onto your face.
If you shoot the enemies in the lower abdominal area, you can actually see how shit flies out of their intestines and splashes on Duke's Glasses.

Actually no, I was just daydreaming.
From what I've heard, it's exactly the same as in the demo.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 09 June 2011 - 03:41 PM

User is offline   WedgeBob 

:dukecry:

Was hoping for some response along the lines of being on par with DN3D's gibs all over the walls.

This post has been edited by WedgeBob: 09 June 2011 - 03:43 PM

View PostMr.Deviance, on 09 June 2011 - 03:40 PM, said:

Their god damn brains explode into such fine pieces that you can see their fucking ideas from their very neurons, splash onto your face.

This is some funny shit.

User is offline   Hank 

What? Do you hear things, or are you playing the game? Posted Image

User is offline   Sandman 

So far 360/PS3 have the demo gore ---- works on selective surfaces, but not on most.

User is offline   LkMax 

(...)

HOLY SHIT you sick MOTHERF****
pause
LOL

Sad news anyway, my last hope was gone forever...

This post has been edited by LkMax: 09 June 2011 - 03:49 PM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Goriest game I've ever played! Holy shit, I actually felt undigested food traveling backwards into my mouth a few times while playing it.
When you shoot a pig cop, you can see it's brains explode all over the walls and on your screen too.
If you shoot the enemies in the lower abdominal area, you can actually see how shit flies out of their intestines and splashes on Duke's Glasses.

I nominate this as best post of the year.

• The Sarien Encounter

You know, there isn't as much blood decals as I thought in the Jace Hall footage. Check it out for yourself.

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

The most is just some blood spray that disappears and some gibs that eventually appear.

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 09 June 2011 - 04:13 PM, said:

You know, there isn't as much blood decals as I thought in the Jace Hall footage. Check it out for yourself.

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

The most is just some blood spray that disappears and some gibs that eventually appear.

Yeah, but they made it looks gory because his face was keep getting bloody.
That should be fixed by now, right ?

User is offline   randir14 

Well another thing in the Jace Hall video that I didn't see in the demo were those little gibs at the end. I think that's from gibbing the dismembered leg? In the demo the leg just breaks into sections.

This post has been edited by randir14: 09 June 2011 - 04:44 PM

User is offline   Stewox 

Is somebody actually having valid PC info of the final's gore ?

User is offline   Madmaxwell 

you good sir are a very evil evil robot :/

User is offline   Outtagum 

View Postrandir14, on 09 June 2011 - 04:43 PM, said:

Well another thing in the Jace Hall video that I didn't see in the demo were those little gibs at the end. I think that's from gibbing the dismembered leg? In the demo the leg just breaks into sections.

Those gibs do show up when an enemy explodes.

User is offline   aftli 

I'm playing PC now. As soon as I get to some parts where there would be gore, I'll update you guys. I spent a ton of time exploring, I'm getting there.

User is offline   Stabs 

it demo gore,a pigcops skin always look bloody when killed though, alien troopers dont seem too have this effect though

User is offline   aftli 

Posted Image

Here's a few aliens I just steroid killed. Sorry about the image size and width, playing in triple-wide.

Body parts everywhere - a head flew off, arms, limbs, etc. No blood decals. No visible blood anywhere. Duke even says at one point "Stop bleeding, pussy!", but there's no blood. Disappointing. Sorry guys. :dukecry:

EDIT: I had to look hard, but I found where there's a little bit of blood (besides what you see on the screen). This is all we get. The blood in the center of the screen is in-scene, not smeared on the scene like on the right/left. No blood decals, no blood pools, no blood spatter on walls behind aliens while you're killing them. This happens when you shoot them.

Posted Image

EDIT 2: I remember poking through the Xbox 360 .ini files, and seeing settings like 'bLowGore' and 'bVeryLowGore'. They don't seem to be in any of the system files of the copy I have. Maybe this is fixable with some tweaking?

[xxx@yyy]/c/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/duke nukem forever $ find ./ -name '*.in?' -exec grep -Hi gore {} \;
./System/editor.int:Object=(Name=Editor.StripGoreCommandlet,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.
Commandlet)
[xxx@yyy]/c/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/duke nukem forever $ 

The only reference to gore I can find is something to do with Duke's Big Tool.

This post has been edited by aftli: 09 June 2011 - 06:47 PM

That's pretty bullshit. I hope they patch in some real gore, and if they don't they better have a damn good reason for it.

I'm going to be pissed off if the ratings board asked them to 'tone down' one of the controversial aspects (in order to get a rating that would sell) and they chose the violence over breasts.

BECAUSE HUH HUH SEX SELLS.

Fuck off.

• The Sarien Encounter

That's just ridiculously half-***ed.

User is offline   aftli 

View PostMysteryMeat, on 09 June 2011 - 06:38 PM, said:

That's pretty bullshit. I hope they patch in some real gore, and if they don't they better have a damn good reason for it.

I'm going to be pissed off if the ratings board asked them to 'tone down' one of the controversial aspects (in order to get a rating that would sell) and they chose the violence over breasts.

BECAUSE HUH HUH SEX SELLS.

Fuck off.

Funny it's much the opposite from R-rated/NC-17 rated movies in the USA (watch "This Film is Not Yet Rated" documentary). Generally violence is A-OK, nudity is not. It figures, I knew something was up when this game passed the ratings board uncut in Germany and Australia. Fucking sucks man. Jace Hall/2003/2006 Gameplay videos had tons of gore and tons of blood. I didn't think I'd care, but having seen those videos, the amount of blood/gore so pitifully low that I'm actually pretty annoyed by it.

This post has been edited by aftli: 09 June 2011 - 06:43 PM

• The Sarien Encounter

Everything is a walking mannequin. Made of styrofoam. And they act like it too with the way the game's physics work.

I demand gore equivalent to what Mr. Deviance said! Anything less is weak. :dukecry:

User is offline   Stabs 

I think what happened in regards to the blood is clipping, some surfaces you can get 2 bullet hole decals really close and they clip like eduke in polymer,

there is tons of pre-placed bodies with blood placed within the game though, and there is a few surfaces where you get nice splatters on the walls when you shoot an alien, but the blood decals are all spaced apart rather evenly to avoid clipping, when you fire your gun at this wall the bullet hole decals need a bit of space aswell between them before the game draws another one on the wall.

This post has been edited by DanM: 09 June 2011 - 09:12 PM

User is offline   aftli 

UPDATE:

It looks like there are blood decals in other parts of the game. This was static and not a result of killing an enemy, but it's there. I'm trying to keep these screenshots spoiler-free and I'm not including any of the surroundings.

Posted Image

User is offline   aftli 

View PostDanM, on 09 June 2011 - 09:11 PM, said:

I think what happened in regards to the blood is clipping, some surfaces you can get 2 bullet hole decals really close and they clip like eduke in polymer,

there is tons of pre-placed bodies with blood placed within the game though, and there is a few surfaces where you get nice splatters on the walls when you shoot an alien, but the blood decals are all spaced apart rather evenly to avoid clipping, when you fire your gun at this wall the bullet hole decals need a bit of space aswell between them before the game draws another one on the wall.

I know exactly what you're talking about. I'm sorry to say, I've killed a ton of aliens so far in a ton of places. It's not a clipping thing. The game was cut for AU and DE. Period. You'll be disappointed too. I'm sorry. :dukecry:

User is offline   Outtagum 

View Postaftli, on 09 June 2011 - 09:12 PM, said:

UPDATE:

It looks like there are blood decals in other parts of the game. This was static and not a result of killing an enemy, but it's there. I'm trying to keep these screenshots spoiler-free and I'm not including any of the surroundings.

Nothing new. There were blood decals pre-placed all over in the demo.

User is offline   pulse85 

Seriously hope someone finds a fix for this. It's rather disappointing and the shooting feels so stale it's not even funny.

PS: careful guys, if you bring this up on gearbox forums they will call you borderline psychotic because in the opinion of some over the top fans over there THERE'S PLENTY OF GORE and we're just idiots.

User is offline   Madmaxwell 

View Postpulse85, on 10 June 2011 - 05:11 AM, said:

Seriously hope someone finds a fix for this. It's rather disappointing and the shooting feels so stale it's not even funny.

PS: careful guys, if you bring this up on gearbox forums they will call you borderline psychotic because in the opinion of some over the top fans over there THERE'S PLENTY OF GORE and we're just idiots.

Those people either have there head up there asses or only play barbie horse adventure and halo 2. They need to play something like fear or sof to understand what gore means :dukecry:

User is offline   Gregs2k2 

Here's an interesting thing. Seems that the blood decals have never really worked, even before release. Have a look at this Jace Hall vid from April, it has the same issue as retail (namely, blood just falls and doesn't leave any decals, even when the enemies are gibbed).

User is offline   randir14 

That's kind of what all the fuss was about. People thought blood decals would be fixed, because the guy playing in that video posted on the Gearbox forum and said they were fixed in the final version, which was a lie.

This post has been edited by randir14: 12 June 2011 - 11:14 AM

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options