Duke4.net Forums: George Broussard: "let's See If We Can Break The Record" - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

George Broussard: "let's See If We Can Break The Record"

User is offline   Micki! 

• Candy Consumptionist & Administrator

George Broussard said:

Most users ever online was 806, 12-15-2007 at 12:23 PM.

---

Wow, what happened above, 3 days ago, to generate that many people in the forums? What'd I miss?

What do we need to do to break the record or get 1000 people online? :)

--The Words of the Boss of the DNF Project...
What does he mean..? Maybe it's another evil Joke (yes, they did that in the past a few times)
Or maybe it's actually an indication for DNF info/media to show up...

Read the damn thread yourself, it's at 3DR's official forums to see what others think, and if he replies to his thread anytime soon...
---
http://forums.3dreal...ead.php?t=29629
---

Post your speculations and comments over there, and here if you like... B)

User is offline   Halcyon 

Yeah, I'm curious about that myself, especially because he posted this thread in the DNF forum.
*Spider-sense tingling...* :)

User is offline   trackit 

wow.... finally George posted at forums :) its been half a year or someting if im not wrong.

will see... hopefully its a sign but as many times before those "signes" have been killed really quickly by: "you are reading into it too much" B)

will see if its something more this time B)

User is offline   Dennis 

I think something will be shown this year, but if we want to break any records
on the forums we need to spread the word, perhaps mailing Apache of Ve3d and point him to that thread will help ?

User is offline   Micki! 

View PostDennis, on Dec 18 2007, 12:00 PM, said:

I think something will be shown this year, but if we want to break any records
on the forums we need to spread the word, perhaps mailing Apache of Ve3d and point him to that thread will help ?

Yes, why not...
I'll do that right away, if i manage to find his email... :)

[edit:]
So, i just shared the news with VoodooExtreme...
I hope they appreciate the news i gave them... I didn't tell them to credit Duke4.net at this time, since we haven't really put the news up on the front page ourselves...

I might just do that now...

[edit 2:]
Yep, i just posted the news on the front page...
People are welcome to take a look there, and make comments to the news item...
the news might be altered by Another Admin (yatta usually) to be corrected for possible typing and grammar errors, and may be shortened or made longer...

My reply is here: http://forums.3drealms.com/vb/showpost.php...mp;postcount=34

Frankly if George does this without a follow up, then I call that "cruel and unusual punishment". What that punishment would be for I have no idea.

User is offline   Dennis 

View PostKristian Joensen, on Dec 18 2007, 01:24 PM, said:

My reply is here: http://forums.3drealms.com/vb/showpost.php...mp;postcount=34

Frankly if George does this without a follow up, then I call that "cruel and unusual punishment". What that punishment would be for I have no idea.

The question is: What kind of punishment or we going to give him ?

BTW, great work Micki!

the news might be altered by Another Admin (yatta usually) to be corrected for possible typing and grammar errors

Your wish is my command.

Actually, if on 15 dets 2007 there really was over 800 people online simultaneously, then that thread might just be Georges genuine question, because that does seem like a LOT.
And that "record breaking" part was just a pun...

will see...

User is offline   Halcyon 

View Posttrackit, on Dec 18 2007, 01:44 PM, said:

Actually, if on 15 dets 2007 there really was over 800 people online simultaneously, then that thread might just be Georges genuine question, because that does seem like a LOT.
And that "record breaking" part was just a pun...
But then, why would he post this thread in the DNF forum? He could have also posted it in the General Messages section, I guess.

User is offline   kaisersoze 

• Honored Donor

View PostHalcyon, on Dec 18 2007, 08:28 AM, said:

But then, why would he post this thread in the DNF forum? He could have also posted it in the General Messages section, I guess.

Yeah, it's definately related to DNF. :)

Already around 200 online users over there right now. Spread the word guys.

Believe me, I and Micki! are trying. I am sure others are too. This needs to be EVERYWHERE, Digg, Slashdot, news sites, etc.

View PostHalcyon, on Dec 18 2007, 03:28 PM, said:

George just forgot to mention: pun intended :)

i hope that its something more, but i think its not enough to get yourself over excited... this could be nothing again, really

Well then they need to burn PR wise for that. Lets make this either the greatest PR event for 3DR since the E3 2001 trailer or the greatest PR nightmare.

User is offline   Micki! 

View PostKristian Joensen, on Dec 18 2007, 02:44 PM, said:

Believe me, I and Micki! are trying. I am sure others are too. This needs to be EVERYWHERE, Digg, Slashdot, news sites, etc.

Indeed, i'm working like crazy to get in contact with the right guys to email...
I have several websites in mind already :)...

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

View Postkaisersoze, on Dec 18 2007, 05:43 AM, said:

Yeah, it's definately related to DNF. :)

Already around 200 online users over there right now. Spread the word guys.

Check the "DNF unveiled before Dec 31" thread for my .02 on this issue.

And all I'm going to say now is that George would have to fear for his life at this point if it turned out to be another hoax/joke(i.e. "my pizza in the oven" for those who remember)

:-)

• Honored Donor

Well I think he's either gonna post something later today or it's a prelude to a Christmas Eve/Christmas unveiling.

What he's done here is basically given us a "heads up!"

The pessimist in some fans may be saying "this is another tease which will lead to nothing." but it's gonna happen folks. :)

User is offline   rockmx8 

Yeah I sure hope so dudes.

User is offline   Steve 

• Honored Donor

Okay... I can't connect to the 3DR VB! I get this message:

The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

:) B)

• Honored Donor

View PostSteve, on Dec 18 2007, 03:38 PM, said:

Okay... I can't connect to the 3DR VB! I get this message:

The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

:) B)

It's back up.

They're getting slammed. Looks like other sites are now linking to the thread.

They're at 230+ current users. Stay logged in over there and open up a new window for browsing. B)

User is offline   Steve 

• Honored Donor

View Postkaisersoze, on Dec 18 2007, 12:45 PM, said:

Stay logged in over there and open up a new window for browsing. :)

I am my good man. I am. We're going to see something. I can feel it B)

Joe have to replace the server then, before unveiling :) or it will be brought to its knees really quickly, if it already complains about being too busy B)

User is offline   Battousai 

Anything that is said by any 3DR employee that might have some remote possibility of pertaining to Duke, when the rumors start flying around is quickly followed up by Joe (usually) "You're reading into it" to of course discourage us from false hopes.

BUT

This time, not even Joe is saying anything like that! He didn't even move the thread to general messages.

Hmmmmmmm...........

I think Joe didn't move it to general messages because George created it. He is just doing his job and respecting George's wishes.

View PostKristian Joensen, on Dec 18 2007, 10:08 PM, said:

I think Joe didn't move it to general messages because George created it. He is just doing his job and respecting George's wishes.

Joe is for george like serpent tongue to saruman :) B)

View PostKristian Joensen, on Dec 18 2007, 04:08 PM, said:

Good point, but one of Joe's jobs so to say is to stop the rumors and false hopes from getting out of hand on the 3dr site, right?

He hasn't done anything to really even slow down the current hype spawned from George's post.

View PostBattousai, on Dec 18 2007, 10:15 PM, said:

Good point, but one of Joe's jobs so to say is to stop the rumors and false hopes from getting out of hand on the 3dr site, right?

He hasn't done anything to really even slow down the current hype spawned from George's post.

damn right and if I remember correctly this was the same situation when the thumbnails where released.....okay bad comparison

"The overall numbers are not out of whack. Long way to go to 1,000 boys." - Joe

That is far from trying to calm us down! lol

User is offline   rockmx8 

I hope George has something for us regarding DNF. We are getting REALLY close now it seems.

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

Joe is playing along, it is funny to watch ants run from water. . .

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options