Duke4.net Forums: DNF releases early in Australia (EB Games) - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

DNF releases early in Australia (EB Games)

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

View Postcoheed82, on 09 June 2011 - 03:50 AM, said:

he doesnt like it when steam starts downloading things and doesnt give you a full explanation of exactly what you are downloading.. :dukecry:

Funny you said that... Tonight Steam downloaded an extra 450 mb thing for DNF which I don't know what the hell it is. Hopefully something good.

User is offline   DN4EVR 

One thing i must stress here, Guys, we've all stuck through this wait together, its been so fucking long hasn't it! Now, no need for anyone to act all high & mighty here, we all are here for the love of duke, we grew up with this iconic dude & he's finally back to kick ass*. Now let's just help eachother if we have issues that need to be adressed without picking on someone for having an opinion. Thanks Everyone. Thanks Yatta for the best Duke Nukem Fan site anywhere!! :dukecry:
I'm not picking on anyone, but imo if a dev says you can't play until such time & date then you wait....you don't complain you need it NOW before others, for whatever reason. And if one has waited 12+ years they can wait a couple more days.

View PostMicky C, on 09 June 2011 - 03:35 AM, said:

And why is ok to pirate if your disk has broken? Because you've already paid for it of course! Although I agree that in the long term piracy is destructive and should be avoided in 99% of cases.

You've actually paid for the right to play it, and the devs choose on which day you can start playing it. That's just how it goes.

This post has been edited by DN4EVR: 09 June 2011 - 03:55 AM

User is offline   coheed82 

i just saw this on the side of my dnf box..... the KING EDITION'S (limited edition versions) there are only 1,900!! according to the box.... And no, im not telling you what number mine is :dukecry:

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

I can wait. I mean I had no problem with the one month delay from May. BUT I run a big risk of getting the game spoiled. Either by my stupid friends or any co-worker who starts talking about it (It's a videogame company mind you) and I don't want 15 years of waiting to be ruined like that.

Also you bring the point of getting the game when the company tould you to, yet a shitload of people tarted getting the game even yesterday and are NOW OFFICIALLY getting the game today on June 9.

Sigh... yep. there's no 3drealms logo on this box.
its black, and with a pretty thick layer of cardboard, yeah duke still has his "gangsta" boxart cover too lol. And the only screens on the box are all old ones ive seen before. so the game is so darn super glued shut til steam open up shop for us.. ive hardly seen any different pics... i search all over the net, come up with same shit. Man and i thought Konami's Hideo Kojima was a secretive guy when it came to say MGS2.. but even then i remember the hype .. ah those were the days... the pre MGS2 hype.. but still they showed off what 80 images... at least. i wish i saw some stuff that we didnt see before.
Now, i know what i am gonna do. See just how close to the truth the little dnf guide is to this game being unlocked. ***
Ya know the spreadsheet thingy thats here somewhere telling how the game unfolds mentioning bombshell and the Dam etc etc..
Something tells me its gonna be very dead on true... :dukecry:

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostDavoX, on 09 June 2011 - 03:58 AM, said:

I can wait. I mean I had no problem with the one month delay from May. BUT I run a big risk of getting the game spoiled. Either by my stupid friends or any co-worker who starts talking about it (It's a videogame company mind you) and I don't want 15 years of waiting to be ruined like that.

Also you bring the point of getting the game when the company tould you to, yet a shitload of people tarted getting the game even yesterday and are NOW OFFICIALLY getting the game today on June 9.
They get the disc, but most legit buyers have to wait for it to unlock as well.

User is offline   Malgon 

View Postcoheed82, on 09 June 2011 - 03:56 AM, said:

i just saw this on the side of my dnf box..... the KING EDITION'S (limited edition versions) there are only 1,900!! according to the box.... And no, im not telling you what number mine is :dukecry:

Yeah, I read about the KE being numbered over at the Gearbox forums, and lo and behold, I had a look and there it was on the side of the box. Didn't know they were like that.

GUYS. im playing full dnf NOW :dukecry:
woo hoo!! gota say fuck yeah!
Only, this KING EDITION's DLC... the free stuff.... um, there is NO extras menu to unlock my free dlc!! ..
:D

User is offline   aftli 

View PostDavoX, on 09 June 2011 - 03:06 AM, said:

Let me clarify. I already bought 3 friggin copies of the game and still get it LATE.

So I believe I have my full right to download a torrent of this game. Gearbox already has more money from me than from any regular user.

It doesn't feel right, I wanted to use the legit stuff after all this waiting, but Gbx is forcing me to download a pirate version and ruin that extra feeling.

I'm pretty much in the same situation. I'm really thinking about pirating it and playing it this weekend (and then just receiving my BoS on Tuesday from Amazon), but a few things I think are going to keep me from doing that:

• I want to play from the beginning in a legitimate way (ie. achievements on Steam). Playing a pirated copy just wouldn't have the same feel.
  • Since the game is tied to Steam, I worry about my Steam account. I've never used a pirated Steamworks game, do they just completely rip out the Steam stuff? Is there any way Valve could even remotely find out I'm using a pirated steamworks game, and ban my entire Steam account? My account is probably worth more than $1k at least.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Apparently Steam delaying the game for South Americans is something 2kGames wasn't aware of.... hopefully it's a mistake from steam!!!

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

SOUTH AMERICA GETS DNF TODAY IN 3 HOURS YESSSS!!!!!

A shitload of customers owe this to Montykoro, Elizabeth and ME :dukecry:

This post has been edited by DavoX: 09 June 2011 - 11:05 AM

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostDN4EVR, on 09 June 2011 - 03:12 AM, said:

Bullshit...sorry, but I don't care how long you've been a fan & how many copies you buy, there's no legit reason(outside of maybe the disc breaking or the drm preventing you from installing) to pirate.

Piracy is just copyright infringement. By purchasing the game he has a license to use said copyrighted materials so there's no infringement there.

User is offline   Hank 

View PostDavoX, on 09 June 2011 - 11:04 AM, said:

SOUTH AMERICA GETS DNF TODAY IN 3 HOURS YESSSS!!!!!

A shitload of customers owe this to Montykoro, Elizabeth and ME :dukecry:

concrats - yes I'm in canada, still, fair is fair.

Piracy can kiss my ass*
i am one of the billions of decent people, who dont pirate.. dont know how to even start!
I feel for ya Davox.. so please dont give him shit guys. We just want our game. Simple.
And to those who are :dukecry: 's can blow it out there ass*
its because of them we have to deal with Steam in the first place. Lets be honest, if we wanna chat we have duke4.net for pictures we could use fraps we dont need steam cloud. I thumbs up some of steams ideas like game manuals, and not needing a disc...
But the whole issue of piracy is a totally over enforced with DRM. If steam was a selective thing we can CHOOSE to have thats fine.
But to keep our games from us is wrong. Look all im saying is why cant we have ON DISC an option that says "Install by Steam" and one that says "Install by disc" (for those who hate or disaprove of steam. My dad is in his late 40's and he is in the mindset of buy a cd and install then play. Steam, While good, he doesnt like it when steam starts downloading things and doesnt give you a full explanation of exactly what you are downloading.. :D

One thing i must stress here, Guys, we've all stuck through this wait together, its been so fucking long hasn't it! Now, no need for anyone to act all high & mighty here, we all are here for the love of duke, we grew up with this iconic dude & he's finally back to kick ass*. Now let's just help eachother if we have issues that need to be adressed without picking on someone for having an opinion. Thanks Everyone. Thanks Yatta for the best Duke Nukem Fan site anywhere!! B)

Everyone pirated at least once, most people don't even know they're pirating something.
You might have downloaded an mp3 or something without even knowing it was illegal.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options