Duke4.net Forums: DNF releases early in Australia (EB Games) - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

DNF releases early in Australia (EB Games)

User is offline   Raziel 

Duke is officially released by EB in Australia (which means some retailer probably released it early by accident). The rule pretty much goes: if someone releases early, everyone else is allowed to do so as well.

User is offline   coheed82 

Well the guy @ my EB store told me that ill have it tomorrow.
guess that sucks, then if other people have it now from pre ordering from a store with a dumb salesperson.. oh well.
:dukecry:

User is offline   Stabs 

we are just to cool in Australia for release dates :dukecry:

btw my freind said some of his NZ freinds are already playing it

This post has been edited by DanM: 08 June 2011 - 11:16 PM

User is offline   DN4EVR 

Well this sucks....still 5 days for me. I wish if one store did it the whole world would do it.

User is offline   Sharpie 

JB HIFI and GAME have also broken the street date. Off to go buy them now and after football training bam!! DUKE NUKEM FOREVER TIME!! Fuck work tomorrow :dukecry:

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostSharpie, on 08 June 2011 - 11:23 PM, said:

JB HIFI and GAME have also broken the street date. Off to go buy them now and after football training bam!! DUKE NUKEM FOREVER TIME!! Fuck work tomorrow :dukecry:
Just for Australia?

User is offline   Raziel 

Probably Australia only, but I'm not sure, might be everyone.

Did not know this, pre-ordered mine so should be delivered to my door step tomorrow(they usually get em to arrive right on the date), or i will have to kick the postman's ass whilst chewing bubblegum.

User is offline   Malgon 

I just picked up my copy from EB about 20 minutes ago, unfortunately steam isn't letting me install it yet. Guess I'll have to wait until midnight. Still hard to believe that it's actually real!

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View Postmalgon, on 08 June 2011 - 11:59 PM, said:

I just picked up my copy from EB about 20 minutes ago, unfortunately steam isn't letting me install it yet. Guess I'll have to wait until midnight. Still hard to believe that it's actually real!
Well duh they won't let you install...it's so everyone(or near to it) gets to play at the same time.....:dukecry:

User is online   Lunick 

I got my copy and was able to put the CD key into Steam and pre-load it :dukecry:

http://s994.photobuc...ukem%20Forever/ Also I have pictures of the box.

User is offline   Malgon 

View PostDN4EVR, on 09 June 2011 - 12:01 AM, said:

Well duh they won't let you install...it's so everyone(or near to it) gets to play at the same time.....:D

Well I was hoping to install the game and then just active/decrypt the files once midnight hits. Mind you I don't use steam all that much, so I'm not sure on how it all worked with getting a game before the unlock time. Hope that makes sense! :dukecry:

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View Postmalgon, on 09 June 2011 - 12:10 AM, said:

Well I was hoping to install the game and then just active/decrypt the files once midnight hits. Mind you I don't use steam all that much, so I'm not sure on how it all worked with getting a game before the unlock time. Hope that makes sense! :dukecry:
Yeah, I know....I was partly kidding with ya. But still, you can't just wait the time to install when the unlock comes? I mean how long does it take with a disc edition to install/activate you think?

User is offline   Stabs 

dam JB broke it too, buttholes, i got a copy on steam so i could play at midnight and was going to pick up my hardcopy a few days later

User is offline   Honza 

Fellas as soon as one of you from unlocks it please post impressions - after that letdown from demo it would be much appreciated - PC version at best.
Thx

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostDanM, on 09 June 2011 - 12:18 AM, said:

dam JB broke it too, buttholes, i got a copy on steam so i could play at midnight and was going to pick up my hardcopy a few days later
So...*snicker* lemme get this straight.....you didn't buy another copy for a GOOD reason like playing on consoles with friends vs on PC/etc, but to play it a few hours earlier?
:dukecry: B) :D B) :D

You make the store campers look good, it seems.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

They sent me a text that the game was ready to be picked up early, but by the time I read it (I was doing sport), the store had already closed. To quote the man himself: NOW I'M REALLY PISSED OFF!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH
YES..
I HAVE IT IN MY HANDS!!
FUCK YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! :dukecry:
THE KING EDITION I RAN TO eb AND IT WAS AVAILABLE..
i got A DLC CARD, BUBBLEGUM, PLAYING CARDS, AND THE GAME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
B) :D B) :D

User is offline   Stabs 

View PostDN4EVR, on 09 June 2011 - 01:02 AM, said:

So...*snicker* lemme get this straight.....you didn't buy another copy for a GOOD reason like playing on consoles with friends vs on PC/etc, but to play it a few hours earlier?

housemate just inherited a dnf key, that hard copy of dnf was bought on a giftcard i was given anyway so nothing was really lost

I wouldnt play dnf on a console if you paid me anyway :dukecry:

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostDanM, on 09 June 2011 - 01:34 AM, said:

housemate just inherited a dnf key, that hard copy of dnf was bought on a giftcard i was given anyway so nothing was really lost

I wouldnt play dnf on a console if you paid me anyway :dukecry:
TBH neither would I, unless it had some major differences to the PC version, or I could play local co-op with a friend.

User is offline   Stabs 

no 3d realms logo anywhere on the box or manual, sad panda :dukecry:

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

I'm sorry to say this people but I will say it.

My heart is broken because of the extra delay of the game.

I cannot wait for the game to officially release over here.

Let me clarify. I already bought 3 friggin copies of the game and still get it LATE.

So I believe I have my full right to download a torrent of this game. Gearbox already has more money from me than from any regular user.

It doesn't feel right, I wanted to use the legit stuff after all this waiting, but Gbx is forcing me to download a pirate version and ruin that extra feeling.

Thanks Gearbox, thanks 2kgames, thanks Steam.

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostDavoX, on 09 June 2011 - 03:06 AM, said:

I'm sorry to say this people but I will say it.

My heart is broken because of the extra delay of the game.

I cannot wait for the game to officially release over here.

Let me clarify. I already bought 3 friggin copies of the game and still get it LATE.

So I believe I have my full right to download a torrent of this game. Gearbox already has more money from me than from any regular user.

It doesn't feel right, I wanted to use the legit stuff after all this waiting, but Gbx is forcing me to download a pirate version and ruin that extra feeling.

Thanks Gearbox, thanks 2kgames, thanks Steam.

You can't wait a few days? Are you a crack addict or something?

Just wait like the rest of us.

• Honored Donor

I agree that in your situation you're well withing your rights to pirate the game.

Yo ho ho and a bottle of jack!

Edit: I'm still waiting for tomorrow, but it's moving slowly :dukecry:

This post has been edited by Micky C: 09 June 2011 - 03:12 AM

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostMicky C, on 09 June 2011 - 03:10 AM, said:

I agree that in your situation you're well withing your rights to pirate the game.

Yo ho ho and a bottle of jack!
Bullshit...sorry, but I don't care how long you've been a fan & how many copies you buy, there's no legit reason(outside of maybe the disc breaking or the drm preventing you from installing) to pirate.

• Honored Donor

And why is ok to pirate if your disk has broken? Because you've already paid for it of course! Although I agree that in the long term piracy is destructive and should be avoided in 99% of cases.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

View PostDN4EVR, on 09 June 2011 - 03:12 AM, said:

Bullshit...sorry, but I don't care how long you've been a fan & how many copies you buy, there's no legit reason(outside of maybe the disc breaking or the drm preventing you from installing) to pirate.

You know I already have the entire game in my PC. The original LEGIT GAME IN MY PC BUT CAN'T USE IT FOR SOME STUPID REASON.

User is offline   Stabs 

he could modify his steam files somehow to make it unlock early, and its a mod then :dukecry:

Piracy can kiss my ass*
i am one of the billions of decent people, who dont pirate.. dont know how to even start!
I feel for ya Davox.. so please dont give him shit guys. We just want our game. Simple.
And to those who are :D 's can blow it out there ass*
its because of them we have to deal with Steam in the first place. Lets be honest, if we wanna chat we have duke4.net for pictures we could use fraps we dont need steam cloud. I thumbs up some of steams ideas like game manuals, and not needing a disc...
But the whole issue of piracy is a totally over enforced with DRM. If steam was a selective thing we can CHOOSE to have thats fine.
But to keep our games from us is wrong. Look all im saying is why cant we have ON DISC an option that says "Install by Steam" and one that says "Install by disc" (for those who hate or disaprove of steam. My dad is in his late 40's and he is in the mindset of buy a cd and install then play. Steam, While good, he doesnt like it when steam starts downloading things and doesnt give you a full explanation of exactly what you are downloading.. B)

One thing i must stress here, Guys, we've all stuck through this wait together, its been so fucking long hasn't it! Now, no need for anyone to act all high & mighty here, we all are here for the love of duke, we grew up with this iconic dude & he's finally back to kick ass*. Now let's just help eachother if we have issues that need to be adressed without picking on someone for having an opinion. Thanks Everyone. Thanks Yatta for the best Duke Nukem Fan site anywhere!! :dukecry:

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostDavoX, on 09 June 2011 - 03:45 AM, said:

You know I already have the entire game in my PC. The original LEGIT GAME IN MY PC BUT CAN'T USE IT FOR SOME STUPID REASON.
Maybe because it's not unlocked yet? :dukecry:

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options