Duke4.net Forums: LandOver Baptist Church smears DNF - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

LandOver Baptist Church smears DNF  "Dam, Duke's still looking good"

User is offline   DN4EVR 

As whoever read the first thread(gone now for some reason) should know, the Landover Baptist "Church" is planning to protest DNF...or at least is very heated up over it.

When will these people learn Duke cannot be stopped by any mere man?

Duke has been and will always be FOREVER. :D :dukecry: B)

(The last thread had an inflammatory title, so I made this thread have a more civil one. I hope it can stay. :D)

This post has been edited by DN4EVR: 08 June 2011 - 03:30 PM

User is offline   mpuone 

Does anybody have a real photo of those twins kissing?

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View Postmpuone, on 08 June 2011 - 03:31 PM, said:

The landover baptist site does, but the old thread linking to it and talking about it got deleted or moved for some reason. :\

I could post the pic but dunno if that's what caused the thread to go and don't know if I should risk it.

User is offline   mpuone 

View PostDN4EVR, on 08 June 2011 - 03:32 PM, said:

The landover baptist site does, but the old thread linking to it and talking about it got deleted or moved for some reason. :\ ...

They did have one, but its "far" from kissing. (that's why I said "real")

This post has been edited by mpuone: 08 June 2011 - 03:38 PM

User is offline   Sebastian 

I deleted it because it was prone to flamewar. I don't see a reason why this should exist either but I'm happy to let it slide just to see if I can be proven wrong.

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostSebastian, on 08 June 2011 - 03:37 PM, said:

I deleted it because it was prone to flamewar. I don't see a reason why this should exist either but I'm happy to let it slide just to see if I can be proven wrong.
I don't get why you delete while most mods simply lock........also the thread would only(imo) get heated if we had any Landover Baptists on here, which we probably don't....given what they said in that forum post.

Besides, everyone knows the only side people take on the Duke here is that HE BLOODY RCOKS!

This post has been edited by DN4EVR: 08 June 2011 - 03:40 PM

Never heard of these guys.
Sounds like those people don't have anything other to do.

Also, anyone with common sense would realise that this is just a video game and it should not be taken seriously.

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

View Postmpuone, on 08 June 2011 - 03:31 PM, said:

I sure do hope so! :dukecry:

MrBlackCat

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View Postthemaniacboy, on 08 June 2011 - 03:39 PM, said:

Never heard of these guys.
Sounds like those people don't have anything other to do.

Also, anyone with common sense would realise that this is just a video game and it should not be taken seriously.
They're the same "nice" folk you hear about on the news picketing/protesting at funerals for gay/bi/etc soldiers who died in Iraq/etc.

IMO, they have to have at least a large troll membership(in the Church and forum) as many of their posts seem to reek of trolling, hidden under half'assed attempts at pretending to be godly. Like they hate "cucumber using women" yet have a pic of one or two of them in nsfw poses on the thread condeming them. Which is suspect, to say the least.

User is offline   randir14 

Err...no. Landover Baptist is a parody site. The people who protest funerals is Westboro Baptist.

its a church, thats the first thing to take into count here, has anyone in the church actually been successful when coming to protesting? NO. duke needs his own fucking church... oh wait it has duke4.net lol.

This post has been edited by GothicBunny: 08 June 2011 - 05:56 PM

User is online   Rellik 

How about starting a counter church called "Bendover Rapist Church and protest them? :dukecry:

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View Postrandir14, on 08 June 2011 - 03:49 PM, said:

Err...no. Landover Baptist is a parody site. The people who protest funerals is Westboro Baptist.

I doubt that any actual church has even heard of DNF.

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostDeeperThought, on 08 June 2011 - 06:46 PM, said:

I doubt that any actual church has even heard of DNF.
What about the Church of Dukeology? The shrine of asskickery?
:dukecry:

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

I seriously doubt religion will be taken seriously with crap like this since the Harold Camping crap, even though not all Christians and other people were agreeing with him. People have a reason to bash religion, thank God... excuse the phrase :dukecry:. Seriously though, this is nothing to worry about, what we have to worry about is Duke Nukem Forever piracy.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostSpirrwell, on 08 June 2011 - 07:42 PM, said:

I seriously doubt religion will be taken seriously with crap like this since the Harold Camping crap, even though not all Christians and other people were agreeing with him. People have a reason to bash religion, thank God... excuse the phrase :dukecry:. Seriously though, this is nothing to worry about, what we have to worry about is Duke Nukem Forever piracy.

Hmmm, let's see....

1. The vast majority of Christians have nothing to do with Harold Camping and don't believe him, BUT
2. There are plenty of other reasons to bash religion, and there always have been, BUT
3. Most people still take it very seriously, and will continue to do so.

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostDeeperThought, on 08 June 2011 - 08:49 PM, said:

Hmmm, let's see....

1. The vast majority of Christians have nothing to do with Harold Camping and don't believe him, BUT
2. There are plenty of other reasons to bash religion, and there always have been, BUT
3. Most people still take it very seriously, and will continue to do so.
Blast, foiled again by the ignorant's greatest nemesis....LOGIC!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options