Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem Forever, the two weapon system and drug abuse - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem Forever, the two weapon system and drug abuse

I have seen people complain about Duke Nukem Forever's two weapon limit for various reasons. However, this can easily be explained in-game:

Steroid abuse.

Think back to Duke Nukem 3D. There are many Steroid pickups found throughout the game. I would guess that there are at least 30 bottles of steroids found throughout the entire game. Let's assume that Duke Nukem, being the manly man that he is, took all of them. Taking all of those steroids through the game, which seems to last over a day or so, would surely make Duke Nukem an addict. Even after, he would surely have to feed his newfound addiction. It is very unlikely that he would receive treatment, as this would clash against his hypermasculine personality.

By the time Duke Nukem Forever starts, 12 years of steroid addiction have surely taken their toll on them. His dependency on steroids has caused many mood problems, which manifests itself in his eagerness to commit violence to defeat the aliens as soon as they come back and his constant angry comments at mutated humans (known as Pig Cops) and aliens when killing, both consistent with steroid addiction.

However, the most profound of them is in his strength. His steroid abuse can certainly caused cholesterol problems (http://www.southcoas..._treatment.html). This would cause his to become weaker and more susceptible to heart issues, making it impossible for him to carry the large arsenal he has in DN3D. Knowing this, Duke has deliberately limited the amount of weapons he can carry to two so that he won't suffer from a heart attack from having to carry so many weapons at once.

Other symptoms of steroid addiction that Duke Nukem shows in DNF:

- Bladder irritability (he can pee at any toiler any time)

- Nausea (explains Duke's nausea-like vision when he drinks a beer)

- Infertility (despite being the most popular person in the world, he is never shown having children)

- Psychotic episodes (seen when Duke is using steroids in DNF)

Drug addiction is a serious thing, and I hope that either the end of DNF or the start of a new Duke game show him finally receiving treatment for his steroid abuse. Hopefully, such treatment will allow Duke to hold every weapon he finds at once in future games.

User is offline   Hank 

cheers to that Posted Image so peeps on like no steroids can get all the weapons?

View PostHank, on 08 June 2011 - 02:33 PM, said:

cheers to that Posted Image so peeps on like no steroids can get all the weapons?

It is his steroid addiction that is causing him to deliberately only use two weapons at a time. Proper treatment would get rid of the side affects of Steroid addiction and allow him to hold all the weapons he can find, like in DN3D.

Yeah, I figured this much when I heard about the limit and that steroids would be coming back.

User is offline   DN4EVR 

Poor Duke...maybe instead of Oprah he should've been put on Maury or Jerry Springer to help him face his addiction. :\

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

Hehehe... great post. :dukecry:

MrBlackCat

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Fucking hilarious. Props to you, MYHOUSE.MAP.

User is offline   LkMax 

Damn, now I bet everytime anyone start to complain about the 2 weapon system someone will link them to this topic. :dukecry: haha
PS: Don't do this with me, it won't work. :D

This post has been edited by LkMax: 08 June 2011 - 03:04 PM

User is offline   Shawneth 

Let's not forget about his "R & R" :dukecry:

All very nice, but there is still one problem... Duke is immune to drug addiction.

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostJhect, on 08 June 2011 - 03:30 PM, said:

All very nice, but there is still one problem... Duke is immune to drug addiction.
Source? :dukecry:

Uhh, it's duke...

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostJhect, on 08 June 2011 - 03:46 PM, said:

Uhh, it's duke...
Not credible source....I move for reverting to previous edit...err post.

User is offline   Mad Max RW 

That would explain the alternate ending where Duke succumbs to extreme depression and hangs himself.

User is offline   WedgeBob 

Haha, this thread never fails to crack me up!

Although, since medical marijuana is legalized in the western states like California and Nevada, I'm wondering if Duke was ever prescribed any of this as well.
Steroids and marijuana together, then you'd have Super-Duke indeed...LOL

User is offline   Mad Max RW 

Nah. In that case he'd just be sitting around all day eating Doritos and watching Mr. Show with Bob and David.

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

Ha ha hilarious. Nice post

User is offline   DerickVonD 

Hey what about HGH?

This post has been edited by DerickVonD: 08 June 2011 - 05:42 PM

Steroids get a real bad rap thanks to the media. I'm not saying steroids can't have side effects, I just think those side effects are sometimes blown out of proportion WHEN steroids are used carefully. If they aren't taken properly yeah you'll mess yourself up because you don't know what you're doing. If you take any drug improperly there are going to be side effects. Stop and think about this for a second. Why are drugs that give you estrogen readily available and drugs that give you testosterone, or cause you try create more testosterone either illegal or frowned upon? Estrogen pills have side effects too. The difference estrogen makes you weak and fat. I'm not advising people to take steroids, I'd just like people to be more educated. Sorry if I kind of got off topic here.

View PostDerickVonD, on 08 June 2011 - 05:42 PM, said:

Steroids get a real bad rap thanks to the media. I'm not saying steroids can't have side effects, I just think those side effects are sometimes blown out of proportion WHEN steroids are used carefully. If they aren't taken properly yeah you'll mess yourself up because you don't know what you're doing. If you take any drug improperly there are going to be side effects. Stop and think about this for a second. Why are drugs that give you estrogen readily available and drugs that give you testosterone, or cause you try create more testosterone either illegal or frowned upon? Estrogen pills have side effects too. The difference estrogen makes you weak and fat. I'm not advising people to take steroids, I'd just like people to be more educated. Sorry if I kind of got off topic here.

Duke's liberal useage of steroids in Duke 3D clearly shows that he is NOT using them carefully. His quick consumption of them points to a dangerous familiarity with them.

However, that does not mean we should insult him; instead, we should feel bad for him because his life has been consumed by a horrible disease (addiction), which is manifesting itself in Duke Nukem Forever. I hope that, for his sake, he gets help after DNF, for him and for the people playing as him.

This post has been edited by MYHOUSE.MAP: 08 June 2011 - 05:56 PM

I like it, i like it ALOT XD

View PostMYHOUSE.MAP, on 08 June 2011 - 05:53 PM, said:

Duke's liberal useage of steroids in Duke 3D clearly shows that he is NOT using them carefully. His quick consumption of them points to a dangerous familiarity with them.

However, that does not mean we should insult him; instead, we should feel bad for him because his life has been consumed by a horrible disease (addiction), which is manifesting itself in Duke Nukem Forever. I hope that, for his sake, he gets help after DNF, for him and for the people playing as him.

Hahaha yeah, he's a cool guy in his world, but if he would exist in our world he would probably be like a gigolo to get money for steroids.

View PostMYHOUSE.MAP, on 08 June 2011 - 05:53 PM, said:

That's not abuse for Duke though. Duke is almost super human, how else can he take all those hits and the fact that he can run super fast on steroids proves that.

User is offline   Madmaxwell 

Poor duke : ( no wonder he had to get clones ((how they explain multiplayer last time I checked) sorta lucky he can be with any chick and not have to worry about kids lol

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options