Duke4.net Forums: It's been a long wait. - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

It's been a long wait.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

It's been a long wait folks. Some people are already playing the game while others are waiting patiently for the unlock of Steam or the arrival of the package.

I personally am going to go dark now. I've waited for this game for so long that I can't have it spoiled by accident :( It's just a day away.

I was hoping to be able to be here when the game unlocks if the game was going to be fresh for everyone, but it leaked and people even got it sooner from retail stores. So that's out of the way.

Thank you guys for waiting, and never giving up. The end of the line is near. Let's get into some MP matches later on, okay?

Good luck with the game and have fun!

View PostDavoX, on 08 June 2011 - 06:52 AM, said:

It's been a long wait folks. Some people are already playing the game while others are waiting patiently for the unlock of Steam or the arrival of the package.

I personally am going to go dark now. I've waited for this game for so long that I can't have it spoiled by accident :( It's just a day away.

I was hoping to be able to be here when the game unlocks if the game was going to be fresh for everyone, but it leaked and people even got it sooner from retail stores. So that's out of the way.

Thank you guys for waiting, and never giving up. The end of the line is near. Let's get into some MP matches later on, okay?

Good luck with the game and have fun!

I would still celebrate the official release date for ppl that bought it!

User is offline   kaisersoze 

• Honored Donor

View PostMr.Deviance, on 08 June 2011 - 07:01 AM, said:

I would still celebrate the official release date for ppl that bought it!

Cheers to all our UK/International Duke fans! I'm so happy you guys will be playing in a day or so! Literally *days* away from playing Duke Nukem Forever. Holy shit, we made it! :(

Just got my confirmation, that my BSOE for XBOX has been shipped. I expect it tomorrow or Friday.

User is offline   trustn0! 

Odd isnt it? we are at the end of a long journey and while it might not be the revolution people thought it would be it still looks like it was worth the wait

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Tomorrow, I might play Duke Nukem 3D again. For the 500th time or so. The last session for a long, long time... An era ends, a new one begins.

OK, let's cut the pseudo-psychological crap. Unlock the game already and let's play the shit out of it! :(

This post has been edited by NightFright: 08 June 2011 - 07:15 AM

User is offline   Sketch 

Mine has been posted! Not sure if Steam will let me play it though...

And I too have received my notification (from Shopto.net) that my copy of the Balls balls balls balls BALLS balls of STEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeelllll edition (ahem!) has been despatched. I am amused mind you, because there are a great many of people who paid for 24 hour courier delivery over here in the UK, who paid more than I did from other retailers...and I got free 24 hour TNT delivery straight off the bat for pre-ordering.

But anyway, for those in the US, when my copy arrives, I will be posting up photos :( y'know, just because I'm nice like that and be a jerk at the same time! =D Hehehe! B)

With regards,

Yickle!

P.S. And I didn't go and order at ASDA because they're terrible and only good enough for buying milk from! Let that be a lesson to all those who pre-ordered from ASDA! *nods* But whilst you can, go to Shopto.net and see if you can pre-order the BoSE from them :( for £48.95 with free TNT 24hr delivery...well... :D

This post has been edited by YicklePigeon: 08 June 2011 - 08:51 AM

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

ASDA even cancelled preorders... you are lucky.

View PostDavoX, on 08 June 2011 - 10:42 AM, said:

ASDA even cancelled preorders... you are lucky.

Aye, I be aware of them cancelling pre-orders (at least those who had ordered the BoS edition on certain platforms), hence my p**s-taking "P.S." :( hehe B) though it's not luck btw, its being wise and wanting a FAC code along with all the goodies to go with it and finding a bargain price at that! :D So why anyone would order at ASDA in the first place is beyond me...especially when clicking on the shopping links that Gearbox provided themselves presented a much better bargain and get a FAC code to go with...

But not to worry, what's done is done. And what's done is gold. Gold! GOLD I SAY! *cue Ted Turner pic* :D Weeeeeeee! *drinks more coffee* :(

With regards,

Yickle!

User is offline   Ronin 

Dammit banned for a few weeks at Gearbox just a day before release, so many trolls so little time, I just got sick of the negativity, and bitching.

Ah well, I will be spending any free evenings I have Duking it out with alien scum so that should more than make up for it.

Still sucks, I knew I was wrong but that troll was so very hungry. :dukecry:

User is offline   Engel220 

View PostRipemanewone, on 08 June 2011 - 12:18 PM, said:

Dammit banned for a few weeks at Gearbox just a day before release, so many trolls so little time, I just got sick of the negativity, and bitching.

Ah well, I will be spending any free evenings I have Duking it out with alien scum so that should more than make up for it.

Still sucks, I knew I was wrong but that troll was so very hungry. :dukecry:

I sort of understand how you feel, I got a five point infraction for just saying the world "Piracy", but it's not worth fighting over.

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostEngel220, on 08 June 2011 - 12:21 PM, said:

I sort of understand how you feel, I got a five point infraction for just saying the world "Piracy", but it's not worth fighting over.
Y'argh?

In my "younger" days i'd be tempted to proxy up and just go over there and do trolling runs all day.....too old and tired for it now, I guess.

User is offline   Ronin 

View PostEngel220, on 08 June 2011 - 12:21 PM, said:

Yeah I know, must have been a few banned last night so because pirate talk was all the rage.

User is offline   Jeff 

According to Amazon.com, my order ships on the 15th and should be here anywhere between the 16th and the 20th.

User is offline   Engel220 

View PostRipemanewone, on 08 June 2011 - 12:27 PM, said:

Yeah I know, must have been a few banned last night so because pirate talk was all the rage.

I got mine about a month ago, and the dicussion was purely hypothetical lol. Ah well, such is life.

User is offline   Ronin 

View PostEngel220, on 08 June 2011 - 12:30 PM, said:

I got mine about a month ago, and the dicussion was purely hypothetical lol. Ah well, such is life.

Harsh, I at least deserved mine.

User is offline   Psyrgery 

View Postkaisersoze, on 08 June 2011 - 07:03 AM, said:

Cheers to all our UK/International Duke fans! I'm so happy you guys will be playing in a day or so! Literally *days* away from playing Duke Nukem Forever. Holy shit, we made it! :dukecry:

Since I am a newb compared to most of you guys, I think it is really a shame you won't get to play it first kaiser, I think you are the guy who most deserves being the first DNF player ever.

Still can't understand why they are relesing in Europe first rather than in the US.

Anyway, as you just said, we made it.

I am so going to enjoy this baby.

View PostRipemanewone, on 08 June 2011 - 12:27 PM, said:

I got a perma-ban for simply asking if someone could PM me some pictures they were talking about of the supposed full version blood decals. Since a few of them were PMing some photos back and forth. Horrible reason to ban IMO but ohh well... I should be playing Duke soon enough anyhow.

User is offline   Hank 

to first post
I don't see it that way. The game is on the shelf on the 14th. I'll pick it up on a weekend, if it is not sold out. When I finally get my copy, I'll play it with many points of views, hints and tricks mixed together. I think its' a richer experience.
Besides, I never seen so much anticipation of one single game. The forum action here and perhaps even at Gearbox is not to be missed, I can handle a view of those spoilers. Posted Image

This post has been edited by Hank: 08 June 2011 - 02:24 PM

User is offline   kaisersoze 

• Honored Donor

Psy- thanks for the kind words. :dukecry: Looking forward to playing everyone in Duke match!
5 days to go for me.

User is offline   Malgon 

View PostNightFright, on 08 June 2011 - 07:15 AM, said:

Tomorrow, I might play Duke Nukem 3D again. For the 500th time or so. The last session for a long, long time... An era ends, a new one begins.

OK, let's cut the pseudo-psychological crap. Unlock the game already and let's play the shit out of it! :dukecry:

Yeah, I'm planning to play the stadium level in DN3D and then jump straight into DNF and see the stadium revisited. Can't wait! :D

User is offline   Kathy 

This will be the first game I will be playing at the day of a worldwide release. Still haven't decided whether to wait till morning to play it loud on 5.1 audio or play it in the middle of the night in the headphones. Also, perhaps it's better to sleep well before the all day gaming.

User is offline   FlemmingM 

This calls for a Swedish Duke Nukem happy dance!

Duke Dance!

User is offline   Malgon 

View PostHelel, on 09 June 2011 - 04:49 AM, said:

This will be the first game I will be playing at the day of a worldwide release. Still haven't decided whether to wait till morning to play it loud on 5.1 audio or play it in the middle of the night in the headphones. Also, perhaps it's better to sleep well before the all day gaming.

Damn, I don't have any headphones, so I have to wait until the morning if I want to crank the audio right up, or be stuck with playing it with the volume really low tonight! Tough decision!

User is offline   Dogfish 

View Postmalgon, on 09 June 2011 - 05:54 AM, said:

Damn, I don't have any headphones, so I have to wait until the morning if I want to crank the audio right up, or be stuck with playing it with the volume really low tonight! Tough decision!

Sounds like you only have one choice... buy headphones.

User is offline   Malgon 

Unfortunately it's 11.30pm here, so I'm shit out of luck on that one! I should have bought some earlier while picking up my copy of the game. :dukecry:

This post has been edited by malgon: 09 June 2011 - 06:11 AM

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

It's a special circumstance so fuck the neighbours.

User is offline   Malgon 

Haha, if it was only the neighbours I had to worry about then I couldn't give a shit about what they think, but a couple of my family members are fast asleep atm. Ah well, I'll wait until the morning. :dukecry:

Well it's me, you probably know me.
http://forums.3dreal...mber.php?u=9818

I feel honored to be a part of this community!
The 3DR forum days have been a rather big part of my life aprox 5 years. I will never forget this! Thanks to you all!

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options