Duke4.net Forums: PS3 and 360 Leak - Duke4.net Forums

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

PS3 and 360 Leak

View PostZor, on 07 June 2011 - 07:50 PM, said:

It does look like the shrunken gibs are lying in pools of blood.

I think your right.

So it seems like the blood/gore is limited in the retail version aswell? Meh :(

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostDI-MeisterM, on 07 June 2011 - 09:13 PM, said:

So it seems like the blood/gore is limited in the retail version aswell? Meh :(
No, some guy posted a video showing gore in the PC version...it only seems they cut back for the console players due to hardware limits.

User is offline   pulse85 

Orly, please do link towards that PC video showing the gore that ain't currently on the xbox360. I wonder how that "PC" guy managed to play the retail game considering it's not out for 2 more days.

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View Postpulse85, on 07 June 2011 - 09:54 PM, said:

Orly, please do link towards that PC video showing the gore that ain't currently on the xbox360. I wonder how that "PC" guy managed to play the retail game considering it's not out for 2 more days.
My link

You are aware that it's been leaked already, right?

This post has been edited by DN4EVR: 07 June 2011 - 10:00 PM

View PostDN4EVR, on 07 June 2011 - 10:00 PM, said:

My link

You are aware there was absolulely no blood decal in that video right? And the blood spray is just as pathetic as in the demo. Also no wound decals on the actual pig cop.

And yes i'm well aware it's been leaked for the 360/ps3. It hasn't been leaked on the PC. No steam games have been leaked on pc earlier than their release date. It's always consoles. So get your facts straight.

Blood decal = blood splatter texture that gets applied on top of the other texture (see demo part 1 where the edf soldiers are already dead in the starting area near the drawing board, those are blood decals not this). Do you people really feel like convincing yourself that it's good? I mean really, i get it, it's been 14 years since the "rumors" started. I'm 25 by now and i've been there, waiting all this time for it. But i'm not gonna go all high and praise to the game if it doesn't deserve it.

I can forgive the dated graphics, the silly destruction if you can even call it that, objects going poof in a pile of random objects, the 2 weapon system, the ego system... BUT NOT THE LACK OF GORE.

Duke was about nudity/violence/witty one liners/90s humor. If it can't deliver the violence especially with an M rating, then wtf is this?

This post has been edited by pulse85: 08 June 2011 - 12:32 AM

I know, ^^ I'm absolutely wounded.

This post has been edited by Sinisterambo: 08 June 2011 - 12:42 AM

User is offline   Madmaxwell 

View PostDN4EVR, on 07 June 2011 - 10:00 PM, said:

My link

that is the 360 version and there are is almost no epic amounts of gore or decals in that. They said blood and gore ect would be the same in every version there was a HUGE thread on this long before the dnf demo and Adam said there would be blood decals across the board from shooting enemies and lots of gore, they lied just like they lied about the pax demo hopefully other than that duke will be good.

So is the blood in the PC version but not in console's version?

User is offline   Madmaxwell 

No real proof either way some guy proved they were at one point in the game and if you try reallllly hard in the demo you can get them.

View PostMadmaxwell, on 08 June 2011 - 01:56 AM, said:

No real proof either way some guy proved they were at one point in the game and if you try reallllly hard in the demo you can get them.

Thanks

User is offline   Sharpie 

Bugger it looks like it's time for me to go dark and avoid information until the big boy releases on Friday. I'll post on release day but after that it's hardcore duke playing until its finished. See you guys on the other side. :(

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostSharpie, on 08 June 2011 - 03:07 AM, said:

Bugger it looks like it's time for me to go dark and avoid information until the big boy releases on Friday. I'll post on release day but after that it's hardcore duke playing until its finished. See you guys on the other side. :(
Why go dark when it's not even out yet? No one even posted any spoilers for the full game except 1 guy and yatta closed the thread. Stick around and chat until thursday with us, man. B)

User is offline   X-Vector 

View Postmpuone, on 07 June 2011 - 04:08 PM, said:

General Graves is one tough mother.

So people are up in arms about blood decals, but nobody has mentioned that playing the pooltable hasn't progressed since Duke 3D?
If anything it's the opposite, because Duke is still mentally controlling the cue ball and now there's even a "press button X" pop-up every damn time that you're in reach and the game lets you 'hit' it.
What the hell, people.

View PostMrBlackCat, on 07 June 2011 - 08:37 PM, said:

Yeah... I would like to know what happened. There is more of it going on right now...
If there were bans mad on assumptions, I am biased against who thinks that way over there... a single individual.
But anyway, I can't see what was exchanged privately...

MrBlackCat

Just those screenshots of the demo that contained actual blood decals after shooting an enemy.

User is offline   N64 

Spoiler

Spoiler

User is offline   N64 

http://www.gamefaqs....orever/59375207

View PostX-Vector, on 08 June 2011 - 03:36 AM, said:

General Graves is one tough mother.

So people are up in arms about blood decals, but nobody has mentioned that playing the pooltable hasn't progressed since Duke 3D?
If anything it's the opposite, because Duke is still mentally controlling the cue ball and now there's even a "press button X" pop-up every damn time that you're in reach and the game lets you 'hit' it.
What the hell, people.

You play pool once. Or maybe twice. However, you shoot enemies through the whole game. See a problem?

User is offline   N64 

Spoiler

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View Postpulse85, on 08 June 2011 - 11:41 AM, said:

You play pool once. Or maybe twice. However, you shoot enemies through the whole game. See a problem?
I remember many games where the enemy would just fall down and die, and people liked the game anyways, even without blood. Just saying that blood isn't everything.....even though without it it isn't AS cool.

User is offline   Ronin 

At least the bodies and chunks stick around, I watched about five minutes of some French play it last night, no real spoilers but I got to say it looked great, really great.

I forced myself to stop watching as I get it Friday, would not blame North Americans for wanting to see more.

User is offline   Outtagum 

View PostX-Vector, on 08 June 2011 - 03:36 AM, said:

What the hell, people.

He doesn't use a pool stick in the final game? I know he didn't in the demo, but you're not supposed to be in that area anyways. :dukecry:

User is offline   randir14 

Those videos you're posting are set to private.

If anyone is still wondering about the blood decals in the final game.
I just saw this on the GBX forums, it is from Gamespot and i am positive it is the PC version

http://image.gamespo...8_screen003.jpg

This post has been edited by themaniacboy: 08 June 2011 - 05:41 PM

You keep posting about blood decals, is this all you think about?

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostJhect, on 08 June 2011 - 03:45 PM, said:

Yup....and poop smears. Problem?

View PostJhect, on 08 June 2011 - 03:45 PM, said:

Yes, because i like having blood after shooting an enemy.
They promised us a game that dances on the line of rating.

User is offline   Mad Max RW 

View Postthemaniacboy, on 08 June 2011 - 03:36 PM, said:

If anyone is still wondering about the blood decals in the final game.
I just saw this on the GBX forums, it is from Gamespot and i am positive it is the PC version

http://image.gamespo...8_screen003.jpg

Fix your link.

View PostMad Max RW, on 08 June 2011 - 04:22 PM, said:

Fix your link.

Oops, sorry about that.
It has been fixed now.

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options