Duke4.net Forums: PS3 and 360 Leak - Duke4.net Forums

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

PS3 and 360 Leak

User is offline   Outtagum 

View Postthemaniacboy, on 07 June 2011 - 05:02 PM, said:

I just got banned on the gearbox forums for the following reason : "distributing pirated materials".

I never did any of those actions ?
I just distributed these screenshots from the demo to prove that blood decals were in the game :

http://img853.images...emo20110606.png
http://cache.gyazo.c...247532e41d2.png

WTF?

Those are in this thread, too. http://forums.gearbo...658#post2354658

:(

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Just send them an email explaining the situation. Most likely you'll be unbanned after the game's release.

View PostJhect, on 07 June 2011 - 05:26 PM, said:

You sound like you care a lot.

I do, but i am so certain we get the bloody version.
Duke Nukem also was known for its gore, every damn Duke game i know had a bloodbath atleast once in the game.

View PostZor, on 07 June 2011 - 05:27 PM, said:

WTF?

Those are in this thread, too. http://forums.gearbo...658#post2354658

:(

Yeah i know, those were the screenshots i showed to people in messages just to prove there was blood after you've shot an enemy.
Which is very doubtful in the xbox 360 version now.

This post has been edited by themaniacboy: 07 June 2011 - 05:33 PM

Duke wasn't just about the gore. It was about the rudeness, but in a fun way. You don't need a duke nukem game to be super blood and goreness.

You can play duke 3d mods that increase the gore and you will feel that this is just too much gore. You have to balance it. And i trust gearbox that they did it right.

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostDavoX, on 07 June 2011 - 05:29 PM, said:

Just send them an email explaining the situation. Most likely you'll be unbanned after the game's release.
I wouldn't bother....that's basically saying you're ok with the whole thing...which most aren't.

View PostJhect, on 07 June 2011 - 05:31 PM, said:

Duke wasn't just about the gore. It was about the rudeness, but in a fun way. You don't need a duke nukem game to be super blood and goreness.

You can play duke 3d mods that increase the gore and you will feel that this is just too much gore. You have to balance it. And i trust gearbox that they did it right.

I know, but that wasn't what i was saying.
I basically meant, throw a pipebomb in Duke Nukem 3D, Duke Nukem Manhattan Project or any other Duke game and you'll see what i mean.

User is offline   DN4EVR 

I dunno about GBX but Embo's new thread should be deleted......damn pirates spoiling the game for people.

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

View Postthemaniacboy, on 07 June 2011 - 05:25 PM, said:

What about you MrBlackCat, did you post even once in the forums that were talking about the leaked xbox 360 version ?
Nope... I stay away from that stuff. Is their house, I won't smoke in it if it bothers them... I don't care if it is right or wrong... it is their world to me.
Like that old saying "The boss isn't always right, but he's always the boss."

Sorry it bothers you that you got banned though. I am not trying to be ugly about it.

View PostDN4EVR, on 07 June 2011 - 05:48 PM, said:

I dunno about GBX but Embo's new thread should be deleted......damn pirates spoiling the game for people.
That is my view, but this isn't my house. :( Actually he obtained this "legally"... so it isn't pirated, just released early. I guess 2K can take that up with the place he got it.

At least over at GearBox the two are separated and have to admit, there was more compliance with it than I ever imagined. (spoilers/no spoilers sections I mean)

MrBlackCat

This post has been edited by MrBlackCat: 07 June 2011 - 06:05 PM

View PostMrBlackCat, on 07 June 2011 - 05:49 PM, said:

Nope... I stay away from that stuff. Is their house, I won't smoke in it if it bothers them... I don't care if it is right or wrong... it is their world to me.
Like that old saying "The boss isn't always right, but he's always the boss."

Sorry it bothers you that you got banned though. I am not trying to be ugly about it.

MrBlackCat

I know, but it's pretty unfair to ban me for helping other people, well, i was only making sure their answers would be answered and it was.
I am not bothered with it anymore, if they won't answer my email tomorrow then i will leave it like that.

View Postthemaniacboy, on 07 June 2011 - 05:51 PM, said:

I know, but it's pretty unfair to ban me for helping other people, well, i was only making sure their answers would be answered and it was.
I am not bothered with it anymore, if they won't answer my email tomorrow then i will leave it like that.
Remember the people enforcing he rules are there because they don't question the rules... that would not be fair either. Judgement is a great thing, but the wisdom to execute it correctly cannot be handed to just anyone. I would never be a moderator because of that. Rules and "right and wrong" aren't related in a way, for the moderators... their job is to enforce the rules, not their judgement is what I am saying.

So even if you were trying to help... it might be like trying to help pot addicts by giving them pot... even if it isn't "wrong" morally to you or others, the rules still say not to. The police have to uphold the law, not right and wrong you might say. (did I say that enough ways? I am still trying not to be a jerk, but explain my view of why the moderators are bound in a way)

If you enjoyed it over there at GearBox, just email them and tell them you understand their position (weather you agree or not) and just agree to not do it anymore. (even if they are wrong) :(

Just suggesting...

MrBlackCat

This post has been edited by MrBlackCat: 07 June 2011 - 06:01 PM

User is offline   trustn0! 

the first german review should be coming out today
should be interesting to see

View PostMrBlackCat, on 07 June 2011 - 06:00 PM, said:

Remember the people enforcing he rules are there because they don't question the rules... that would not be fair either. Judgement is a great thing, but the wisdom to execute it correctly cannot be handed to just anyone. I would never be a moderator because of that. Rules and "right and wrong" aren't related in a way, for the moderators... their job is to enforce the rules, not their judgement is what I am saying.

So even if you were trying to help... it might be like trying to help pot addicts by giving them pot... even if it isn't "wrong" morally to you or others, the rules still say not to. The police have to uphold the law, not right and wrong you might say. (did I say that enough ways? I am still trying not to be a jerk, but explain my view of why the moderators are bound in a way)

If you enjoyed it over there at GearBox, just email them and tell them you understand their position (weather you agree or not) and just agree to not do it anymore. (even if they are wrong) :(

Just suggesting...

MrBlackCat

You do know that those screenshots were from the demo right ?
That's my main complaint about the moderators, they didn't realise it was from the demo.

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostMrBlackCat, on 07 June 2011 - 06:00 PM, said:

Just suggesting...

MrBlackCat
Your analogy is off.....and yes judgment is needed to be a moderator, not just blindly following forum rules but knowing what posts are breaking forum rules and which aren't...and to what degree and how to punish them.

If someone doesn't break a rule when replying but replies to a semi-rulebreaking thread they shouldn't be banned...that'd be like someone posting in a racist hate thread telling the haters to stop and getting banned along with them.

From e3 2011, watch at 02:44.

Now i am seriously confused.

User is offline   Hank 

View Posttrustn0!, on 07 June 2011 - 06:03 PM, said:

the first german review should be coming out today
should be interesting to see

link please! Just a thought. cheersPosted Image

View Postthemaniacboy, on 07 June 2011 - 06:21 PM, said:

I'll wait for Mr. Deviance to sort this one out. Maybe the first bug on screen???????????

This post has been edited by Hank: 07 June 2011 - 06:28 PM

View PostHank, on 07 June 2011 - 06:22 PM, said:

link please! Just a thought. cheersPosted Image

I'll wait for Mr. Deviance to sort this one out. Maybe the first bug on screen???????????

Yeah, do the math.
After 02:44 there are no signs of blood decals on the surface anymore.
Well going to bed now, i think i've said too much in one day.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Why do you guys even care about Gearbox forums?

Their objective is to control piracy by preventing information to perpetuate. However we all know they will only get a "Streisand effect", or "digital revolt", or "cyber-riot, or whatever it is called.

This post has been edited by Fox: 07 June 2011 - 06:36 PM

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostFox, on 07 June 2011 - 06:35 PM, said:

Why do you guys even care about Gearbox forums?

Their objective is to control piracy by preventing information to perpetuate. However we all know they will only get a "Streisand effect", or "digital revolt", or "cyber-riot, or whatever it is called.
How is banning people not contributing to piracy helping them?

User is offline   Stabs 

egggh well this thread exploded anyone care to to fill me in on whether the full game is similar to the demo?

Nothing like the demo aparrently we got a forum topic with a guy who has the game

User is offline   Hysler 

Here guys, I uploaded this video showing the gore in the 360 version. You can see in the video that sometimes when you shoot an alien there will be a pool of blood that quickly dissipates. I'm thinking it might only be for the console versions considering many things like the textures are lower quality than the PC demo. We'll just have to wait and see I guess. NOTE: It isn't the demo version, I just put that in the title so it doesn't get taken down.

This post has been edited by Hysler: 07 June 2011 - 07:05 PM

View Postthemaniacboy, on 07 June 2011 - 06:05 PM, said:

You do know that those screenshots were from the demo right ?
That's my main complaint about the moderators, they didn't realise it was from the demo.
Nope... I didn't ever look at them. I thought you said you got them from the newly acquired full game footage. I thought I saw you directly reference the new footage also... I just searched you posts though... if you did it was deleted.
I thought YOU were saying you had done something against the rules, but felt it was for the sake of helping prove GearBox had not screwed up. I misunderstood. Sorry about that.

View PostDN4EVR, on 07 June 2011 - 06:06 PM, said:

Your analogy is off.....and yes judgment is needed to be a moderator, not just blindly following forum rules but knowing what posts are breaking forum rules and which aren't...and to what degree and how to punish them.
All of that is defined in the rule... judgement and interpretation are different... no need for judgement, only understanding the rules. Example: Rule says don't type about pirated material. That one is enforced with NO judgement from what I can tell. You could say "Don't type about the Pirated Demo!" and be banned, without judgement... that is why I say they are not using judgement. (you don't even WANT some people using their judgement.) Judgement would only be used where the rules allow for it... I don't know if there are guidelines for the moderators to follow beyond the rules themselves, but I would not be surprised.
I am also not saying they might not USE judgement, of their own accord, either.

DN4EVR said:

If someone doesn't break a rule when replying but replies to a semi-rulebreaking thread they shouldn't be banned...that'd be like someone posting in a racist hate thread telling the haters to stop and getting banned along with them.

As stated above I misunderstood his post, I thought he said he had referenced the cracked 360 material. AND I thought I saw posts from him directly referencing pirated material. (cracked 360 stuff) There was a lot of talk of said material at the time... I thought he confirmed he was involved. Sorry about that.

MrBlackCat

User is offline   UglyNacho 

View PostHysler, on 07 June 2011 - 07:04 PM, said:

Here guys, I uploaded this video showing the gore in the 360 version. You can see in the video that sometimes when you shoot an alien there will be a pool of blood that quickly dissipates. I'm thinking it might only be for the console versions considering many things like the textures are lower quality than the PC demo. We'll just have to wait and see I guess. NOTE: It isn't the demo version, I just put that in the title so it doesn't get taken down.

Gore is looking just fine. In my opinion, way better than the demo's gore. You can actually see some blood spurt out every time a body part gets blown to pieces. Looking just fine, IMO. Plus, like everyone said, this is the Xbox 360 version, so the PC might have some higher quality gore included. Anyway, the game looks great! We're so close to playing it now :(

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostMrBlackCat, on 07 June 2011 - 07:05 PM, said:

All of that is defined in the rule... judgement and interpretation are different... no need for judgement, only understanding the rules. Example: Rule says don't type about pirated material. That one is enforced with NO judgement from what I can tell. You could say "Don't type about the Pirated Demo!" and be banned, without judgement... that is why I say they are not using judgement. (you don't even WANT some people using their judgement.) Judgement would only be used where the rules allow for it... I don't know if there are guidelines for the moderators to follow beyond the rules themselves, but I would not be surprised.
I am also not saying they might not USE judgement, of their own accord, either.

As stated above I misunderstood his post, I thought he said he had referenced the cracked 360 material. AND I thought I saw posts from him directly referencing pirated material. (cracked 360 stuff) There was a lot of talk of said material at the time... I thought he confirmed he was involved. Sorry about that.

MrBlackCat

First yeah what I meant was mods should actually SEE if a post is rulebreaking before warning/banning, is what I meant more than what I said.

And no problem......we all make mistakes sometimes.

View PostUglyNacho, on 07 June 2011 - 07:12 PM, said:

Gore is looking just fine. In my opinion, way better than the demo's gore. You can actually see some blood spurt out every time a body part gets blown to pieces. Looking just fine, IMO. Plus, like everyone said, this is the Xbox 360 version, so the PC might have some higher quality gore included. Anyway, the game looks great! We're so close to playing it now :(

Only thing that looks different is the stains showing up on the floor. PC Demo had blood squirting out too.

Hopefully the blood stains stay around longer on the PC. Now I'm wondering if we're going to get any pain decals and not just on the severed neck...

User is offline   greyXstar 

Gore looks good and the impressions sound great. I figured the full game would be better than the demo, but it's sounding WAY better! Can't wait til next Tuesday. Betting on Duke always pays of!!

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostgreyXstar, on 07 June 2011 - 07:38 PM, said:

Gore looks good and the impressions sound great. I figured the full game would be better than the demo, but it's sounding WAY better! Can't wait til next Tuesday. Betting on Duke always pays of!!
It just takes a bit longer sometimes, and the wait isn't for the weak of heart. :( B) :(

View Postthemaniacboy, on 07 June 2011 - 06:21 PM, said:

From e3 2011, watch at 02:44.

It does look like the shrunken gibs are lying in pools of blood.

This post has been edited by Zor: 07 June 2011 - 07:50 PM

Doing a repost of something i just posted on the GBX forum but i might as well say it here
Impressions are indeed looking good
But think of this
This is pretty much a reboot of the franchise,dont deny it ,it was pretty much dead since 2001
NO ONE thought this would ever happen
EVER!
But as everyone knows

ALWAYS BET ON DUKE!

He managed to climb his way out of the deepest and darkest pit of development hell and he is back!
And the sequel(dont deny it there will be a sequel preorders are through the roof) will have those glistening new effects people are so fond of.
Triptych,the guys who never gave up saved the franchise.Its because of them that Duke is back.
Crack a can of whoop-ass guys our favorite wisecracking politically incorrect,cigar chomping alien ass kicker is back
THE KING IS BACK!
HAIL TO THE KING BABY

View PostDN4EVR, on 07 June 2011 - 07:18 PM, said:

First yeah what I meant was mods should actually SEE if a post is rulebreaking before warning/banning, is what I meant more than what I said.

And no problem......we all make mistakes sometimes.
Yeah... I would like to know what happened. There is more of it going on right now...
If there were bans mad on assumptions, I am biased against who thinks that way over there... a single individual.
But anyway, I can't see what was exchanged privately...

MrBlackCat

Share this topic:

• 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options