Duke4.net Forums: Demo is prolly 2% of overall game - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Demo is prolly 2% of overall game  "George Broussard Twitter"

User is offline   N64 

Posted Image

http://twitter.com/#...519279158861825

I wonder if he's happy with the lack of gore.

User is offline   Dogfish 

"But anything can be improved."

I had to laugh when I read that. Oh Georgy Georgy Georgy. You just know he's having to suppress the urge to e-mail Gearbox and tell them to switch engines and start from scratch again! :(

This post has been edited by Dogfish: 06 June 2011 - 03:23 AM

User is offline   Alithinos 

2% with the multiplayer or without ? :(
I hope it's without multiplayer and possible dlcs.

View PostAlithinos, on 06 June 2011 - 03:23 AM, said:

2% with the multiplayer or without ? :(
I hope it's without multiplayer and possible dlcs.

He means 2% of SP.

Double post

This post has been edited by Sinisterambo: 06 June 2011 - 05:58 AM

User is offline   Alithinos 

View PostSinisterambo, on 06 June 2011 - 03:24 AM, said:

He means 2% of SP.

that's great!

View PostDogfish, on 06 June 2011 - 03:22 AM, said:

"But anything can be improved."

I had to laugh when I read that. Oh Georgy Georgy Georgy. You just know he's having to suppress the urge to e-mail Gearbox and tell them to switch engines and start from scratch again! :(

I think he wants to add a few elements from modern games for no good reason while he's at it.

User is offline   zwieback 

what he was saying is, that he would have done some things different.
nothing wrong with that. it's just an opinion.

User is offline   LkMax 

That's obvious, the demo is really short if you don't replay it 3 times like some people here is doing, but it usually works this way with demos, they are not shareware episodews nowdays. :(

User is offline   Dogfish 

View Postzwieback, on 06 June 2011 - 04:40 AM, said:

what he was saying is, that he would have done some things different.
nothing wrong with that. it's just an opinion.

Oh I agree, it was just kind of humorous. I'm not going to pass up an opportunity to laugh when it's served to me on a silver platter.

i know, but just be careful there B)
some people will take that as a brilliant idea to start another flamewar..i'm a bit paranoid since the demo has been released - some people are so pissed, that they just can't see in their blind rage that somebody made a joke :(

This post has been edited by zwieback: 06 June 2011 - 07:10 AM

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

This isn't news. It's fairly obvious that this was just a small taste. A small taste that got me 10 hours of gameplay.

Damn... I'm going to have NO life when this game comes out.

This post has been edited by DavoX: 06 June 2011 - 07:24 AM

User is offline   Mad Max RW 

How the hell did you stretch 15 minutes into 10 hours?

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostLkMax, on 06 June 2011 - 05:19 AM, said:

That's obvious, the demo is really short if you don't replay it 3 times like some people here is doing, but it usually works this way with demos, they are not shareware episodews nowdays. :(

You didn't get the memo? Shareware was renamed to DLC. B)

User is offline   ferran275 

View PostDavoX, on 06 June 2011 - 07:23 AM, said:

This isn't news. It's fairly obvious that this was just a small taste. A small taste that got me 10 hours of gameplay.

Damn... I'm going to have NO life when this game comes out.

this

If we can get so much fun and gameplay out of a tiny little demo, imagine what the rest of this game will be like :(

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

View PostMad Max RW, on 06 June 2011 - 07:26 AM, said:

Well steam takes into account the menu, loading times, doesn't care if you die and restart. I searched for secrets, replayed again, etc.

User is offline   Fox Mulder 

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Fox Mulder: 08 June 2011 - 09:40 AM

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

Interesting... gameplay length is so player dependent. We maybe need a poll for a baseline comparing games like DooMs par times to players actual times. I used to play DooM and look at those Par times and say to my self "What fun would that be?"
I spend from 20 to 60 minutes per level in a game like DooM or Duke Nukem. I backtrack and get resources left behind, I take no damage from enemies. Saving at every door, I replay sections over and over for the most efficient kill... smallest weapon, least ammo, or weapon with most ammo.

However... I KNOW this is not the norm. So it is fair to say a games length is based on about 1/3 of my gameplay time. I think I played GTA III for about two months before I did the second mission... EVERY DAY.

That is why I want a Duke Nukem meets GTA game. :( (I loved the idea of Duke Theft Auto!) Hehehe
Duke in a sandbox in on modern tech! (passes out)

MrBlackCat

View PostSinisterambo, on 06 June 2011 - 03:17 AM, said:

I wonder if he's happy with the lack of gore.

The lack of gore is pretty lame. Team Fortress 2 has glorious exploding dismemberment--why can't Duke have just as much or more, too?

View PostFox Mulder, on 06 June 2011 - 08:52 AM, said:

pictures

Throwing poop around for 12 hours and 45 minutes doesn't count.

This post has been edited by Mad Max RW: 06 June 2011 - 09:30 AM

Oh it does. I still giggle every time Duke says 'What the fuck?'.

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

Considering 2% could be an exaggeration and not a calculated percentage, and he said "tons" not seen... I take the whole thing as very general... but I have no reason to doubt the intent of his statement.

If George is reading any of the forums crazy reactions to the Demo, and he knows different, then I would say he is trying to say to just wait and see. I don't care... no matter WHAT this game is or isn't, all this drama, all these attacks getting banned, creating demonizing threads etc will not make any difference to what is in the box I receive. If there are things I don't like about THE GAME then I will go to GearBox and maybe here and state my view... the rest is just wasting time... in spite of my often long posts, I really do try never to waste the time of the fans of the game we have waited for so long.

People are more likely to listen to those who aren't yelling.

MrBlackCat

This post has been edited by MrBlackCat: 06 June 2011 - 10:05 AM

User is offline   Fox Mulder 

View PostMad Max RW, on 06 June 2011 - 09:29 AM, said:

Throwing poop around for 12 hours and 45 minutes doesn't count.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

And no, I didn't do that. You just don't like the game.

User is offline   greyXstar 

lol "anything can be improved".

He managed to sum up the entire 14 year process in just 4 words. Color me impressed. :(

View PostMrBlackCat, on 06 June 2011 - 10:04 AM, said:

If George is reading any of the forums crazy reactions to the Demo, and he knows different,...

Oh but he is. He's been posting regularly at Shacknews for years, and just yesterday was trying to justify the decision for a 2 weapon only load-out by blaming the limitations of a controller. He was shown dozens of past examples where that wasn't the case and he just ignored it because he's a stupid asshole.

This post has been edited by Mad Max RW: 06 June 2011 - 12:25 PM

User is online   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

Well, considering some people seem to have quite some fun with catching crap from the toilet and retexturing the walls with it until everything is brown, I guess it's pretty possible to stretch the demo playtime considerably... xDDD

User is offline   Laokin 

I've got 6.1 hours on Duke, No, I didn't just leave it running either. The Human Revolution Leak was supposedly 4 hours, but took me 16+ just to finish it. (It's only the first City Hub.) In theory I think I can beat it in about 2 hours, but If you just explore everything it WILL take you monsterous amounts of time.

Duke is sort of similar, experimenting with noClip and visiting the mansion, finding everything that is in the demo, and basically trying to see how I can break it pretty much gave me quite a bit of extra time out of it.

Using only the Trip Mines on the ground in the mine is a cool way to kill all the baby octobrains. Stuff like that... and using dnWeapons, and I hear there is even a way to make the Freeze Ray not a Freeze Ray, but the Classic Freeze Gun with bouncing projectiles.... (For the people who want classic duke, the full version has a cheat called dnInventory, that I suppose gives you the Jace Hall weapon selection.)

So yeah, I don't think any of the hate is actually deserved at this point.

User is offline   randir14 

I think a lot of my play time in the demo was from messing around with console commands. Actually I think it takes longer to clip down to Duke's penthouse than it does to beat the demo...

View PostMad Max RW, on 06 June 2011 - 12:25 PM, said:

Oh but he is. He's been posting regularly at Shacknews for years, and just yesterday was trying to justify the decision for a 2 weapon only load-out by blaming the limitations of a controller. He was shown dozens of past examples where that wasn't the case and he just ignored it because he's a stupid asshole.

please people, stop insulting others. george isn't an asshole. he was defending his opinion for the 2 weapons system.
i mean i'm not happy with it either, but because he ignores the people that disagree with him, doesn't make him an asshole.
it's a decision that has been made years ago.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options