Duke4.net Forums: .....why? - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

.....why?  "Why are there so many people trolling DNF so much?"

User is offline   DN4EVR 

I keep hearing people whining here lately....whining about how dated the graphics are, or how buggy the DEMO is......complaining about how linear the DEMO was, or about not being able to carry a billion guns at once as if Duke is a walking tank or something(Yes he's strong, not godly strong but strong).

Then you got the ones complaining how it's not like DN3D, which is ironic considering that it's not supposed to be all like DN3D, and also for the "small" fact that DN3D was totally different from DN 1/2 as well. :(.....:(

Add to that the people moaning about DLC having to be paid for(as if it somehow makes the full game less good because OPTIONAL DLC isn't included), and the ones complaining about the price while knowing about all tyhe development costs that came with making the game(which need to be recouped to make an even better sequel possible)....and you get where I am now. Did I leave anyone out? Oh, the ones who had valid complaints? Well why in Duke's Name would I mentions such nice chaps and lasses in such a grouping of scum and villany? B)

Again, this isn't to complain about those with valid complaints and those who brought up bugs in the demo, but all the nitpickers and naysayers that seem to have crowded here as of late after playing an hour long, buggy demo no less.

This post has been edited by DN4EVR: 03 June 2011 - 05:23 PM

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

Why...did you make this thread?

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostMr.Flibble, on 03 June 2011 - 04:46 PM, said:

Why...did you make this thread?

I am disliking whiners.

I just want people to critique the game fairly for what it is, a DEMO, and to withhold proper judgment until after the game comes out.

Sound fair? I also want to give thanks where it's due...to Tryptech for keeping it alive, and 3DR for starting it on it's insane journey....

This post has been edited by DN4EVR: 03 June 2011 - 04:49 PM

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

In all fairness, people are allowed to make positive comments about the demo and even make predictions about how great the game is gonna be based on this small snippet so why are the naysayers singled out?

Haters and fanboys are equally ridiculous.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View PostMikko_Sandt, on 03 June 2011 - 04:49 PM, said:

In all fairness, people are allowed to make positive comments about the demo and even make predictions about how great the game is gonna be based on this small snippet so why are the naysayers singled out?

My god! Someone who is finally using logic!!!!!!!!!!

This post has been edited by ReaperMan: 03 June 2011 - 06:39 PM

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostMikko_Sandt, on 03 June 2011 - 04:49 PM, said:

Um, could you try not being so condescending next time?

To me, I mean the ones whining about how much the game is going to tank FOR SURE or that it sucks/other crude language/etc....not the ones who are voicing honest criticisms, or those who have just said the game isn't to their liking and they won't be buying it in a civil manner.

And to me, there is a HUGE difference between the two groups. Also I hate blind fanboys as much as the netx guy but there is also a difference between being a passionate fan and blind fanboy. If the game sucks on release I will critique it as so....but for those who crudely bash the game after viewing a mere glimpse of it via a buggy demo, I have no remorse.

User is offline   Mad Max RW 

View PostDN4EVR, on 03 June 2011 - 04:58 PM, said:

If the game sucks on release I will critique it as so....but for those who crudely bash the game after viewing a mere glimpse of it via a buggy demo, I have no remorse.

And I have no remorse for people who close their eyes and throw $60 at a game based on faith alone.

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostMad Max RW, on 03 June 2011 - 05:01 PM, said:

And I have no remorse for people who close their eyes and throw $60 at a game based on faith alone.

I have seen enough to tell the game is good enough for me.....and it's my money. Why are you so worried about it?

User is offline   Mad Max RW 

View PostDN4EVR, on 03 June 2011 - 05:03 PM, said:

I have seen enough to tell the game is good enough for me.....and it's my money. Why are you so worried about it?

Because it sends the message to developers people are willing to buy whatever crap is thrown at them. I want better games, not this constant backslide of quality. Pre-ordering and day one purchases does not change things.

This post has been edited by Mad Max RW: 03 June 2011 - 05:09 PM

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostMad Max RW, on 03 June 2011 - 05:08 PM, said:

Because it sends the message to developers people are willing to buy whatever crap is thrown at them. I want better games, not this constant backslide of quality. Pre-ordering and day one purchases does not change things.
I liked the demo though, so IMO my purchase is valid.......normally i'd wait to see the full game in action but 1: This is duke, and 2: I've waited 14 bloody years. If it's bad after the fact I can wait for mods to it & critique it then.

I think this whole thing about "DNF SUX/RULZ" wouldn't be really bad if it wasn't for the rabid and fanatic haters that flood forums with how much DNF is the worst piece of shit ever. At this point its a self-perpetuating cycle; guy makes ridiculously overexaggerating thread about how DNF is raw shit, defenders respond, disliker responds back, and so on and so on.

For the record, I think DNF is great and will be one of my favorite games of the year, and even I think the two weapon system is dumb and only in the game because George B wanted to copy Halo.

I've seen this kind of topic, 100 times before on other official game sites.
I will say it straight from the start. I think this type of topic is toxic and is the best place to start flamewars.
There should never be topics asking why do some people love/hate a product because it doesn't lead anywhere.
You can't possibly have people that don't whine in a community, no matter what the game is.
I've seen topics like this made for Hl2 Demo too back in the day and they always got locked and the op warned.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 03 June 2011 - 05:15 PM

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostMr.Deviance, on 03 June 2011 - 05:12 PM, said:

I've seen this kind of topic, 100 times before on other official game sites.
I will say it straight from the start. I think this type of topic is toxic and is the best place to start flamewars.
There should never be topics asking why do some people love/hate a product because it doesn't lead anywhere.
You can't possibly have people that don't whine in any community, no matter what the game is.
I've seen topics like this made for, Hl2 Demo too for ex, back in the day and they always got locked and the op warned.

Oh cry me a river...it's not that bad, or not much worse than the crap being spewed across the forum so far.

FWIW I also hate posts where people say that the thread they replied to should be locked/etc or would've been on OTHER boards they frequented.

This post has been edited by DN4EVR: 03 June 2011 - 05:18 PM

View PostDN4EVR, on 03 June 2011 - 05:14 PM, said:

Oh cry me a river...it's not that bad, or not much worse than the crap being spewed across the forum so far.

I was not comparing your topic with other topics. I was just stating my opinion related to this topic.
I don't like when people whine about things that I like but to be perfectly real about it, I also bitched and whined about shitloads of things about DNF that others liked.
Like the ripper for ex, when I said that the older one looked cooler than the new one.
Or when I said that some animations from some trailers, looked shitty.
Today I've also seen some people bitching and whining about some things that I found to be acceptable or decent.
I also found it annoying to hear that some people said that DNF is a Halo clone, which is not even close to being the truth.
But making a topic whining about whiners, is not really a good plan if you ask me. :(

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 03 June 2011 - 05:22 PM

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostMr.Deviance, on 03 June 2011 - 05:19 PM, said:

I was not comparing your topic with other topics. I was just stating my opinion related to this topic.
I don't like when people whine about things that I like but to be perfectly real about it, I also bitched and whined about shitloads of things about DNF that others liked.
Like the ripper for ex, when I said that the older one looked cooler than the new one.
Or when I said that some animations from some trailers, looked shitty.
Today I've also seen some people bitching and whining about some things that I found to be acceptable or decent.
I also found it annoying to hear that some people said that DNF is a Halo clone, which is not even close to being the truth.

Maybe I shouldn't have used the word whining then...what I meant was those who are trolling to spread disinformation based on the demo or just to make the game look bad for some reason.....not the ones with legitimate complaints.

View PostDN4EVR, on 03 June 2011 - 05:21 PM, said:

Maybe I shouldn't have used the word whining then...what I meant was those who are trolling to spread disinformation based on the demo or just to make the game look bad for some reason.....not the ones with legitimate complaints.

Why don't you think about the words you want to use, before making the topic instead of after?
This is the internet, how do you expect everybody to know exactly what you meant, even though you've used the wrong words.

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostMr.Deviance, on 03 June 2011 - 05:23 PM, said:

Why don't you think about the words you want to use, before making the topic instead of after?
This is the internet, how do you expect everybody to know exactly what you meant, even though you've used the wrong words.

I changed it, no worries.

Also sometimes people are like that....it's just how it is.

User is offline   LkMax 

Because the demo is far, FAR away from a half of the expectations?
I'm a bit... I'm just disappointed. =\

I mean, doesn't matter if it's "only" a demo, the purpose of a demo is to show exactely what you should expect from the final product, and it had too much flaws, not graphic related only (what I expected) and effects/particles but also related to the game physics and the "OMG we have tha best interactivity evar!!!111!!" lie - Nothing too different of what we already saw 10 years ago with the first Max Payne with those interactive sinks and toilets (oohhh, but now we can pick up sh1t, AWESOME)! There's also some bad animations along other good ones.

I'm NOT saying the game, I mean, the DEMO is all that bad, but I don't know... it's still enjoyable but it could be a lot better.

I'm re-considering my first-day buy.
That's sad...
Really...
:-\

This post has been edited by LkMax: 03 June 2011 - 06:05 PM

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostLkMax, on 03 June 2011 - 06:03 PM, said:

Because the demo is far, FAR away from a half of the expectations?
I'm a bit... I'm just disappointed. =\

I mean, doesn't matter if it's "only" a demo, the purpose of a demo is to show exactely what you should expect from the final product, and it had too much flaws, not graphic related only (what I expected) and effects/particles but also related to the game physics and the "OMG we have tha best interactivity evar!!!111!!" lie - Nothing too different of what we already saw 10 years ago with the first Max Payne with those interactive sinks and toilets (oohhh, but now we can pick up sh1t, AWESOME)!

I'm NOT saying the game, I mean, the DEMO is all that bad, but I don't know... it's still enjoyable but it could be a lot better.

I'm re-considering my first-day buy.
That's sad...
Really...
:-\

At least you're still on the fence....and what if they released a crappy demo? It can happen, you know. Have faith, fellow Dukester...we shall see in a few days.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

My girlfriend loves a nice salad.

I'm not a big fan personally.

Do you get my meaning, folks?

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostCommando Nukem, on 03 June 2011 - 06:10 PM, said:

Yes, and that kind of debate/arguing isn't the focus of this thread...this is more about people like that guy who was just thread locked a bit back tonight.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostDN4EVR, on 03 June 2011 - 06:12 PM, said:

Yes, and that kind of debate/arguing isn't the focus of this thread...this is more about people like that guy who was just thread locked a bit back tonight.

Oh but I think it is, im seeing a very big and bad pattern forming in the posts here. Its people going back and forth between glowing praise/blind faith, and near ridiculous levels of hatred and angst. Both sides have a right to their opinion, and any other aspect of it is irrelevant. If someone is being a trouble maker, regardless of their opinion about DNF, they should and probably will be dealt with. We dont need another thread to discuss the matter. Not to mention which fact its very likely giving the attention seekers exactly what they want.

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostCommando Nukem, on 03 June 2011 - 06:38 PM, said:

Oh but I think it is, im seeing a very big and bad pattern forming in the posts here. Its people going back and forth between glowing praise/blind faith, and near ridiculous levels of hatred and angst. Both sides have a right to their opinion, and any other aspect of it is irrelevant. If someone is being a trouble maker, regardless of their opinion about DNF, they should and probably will be dealt with. We dont need another thread to discuss the matter. Not to mention which fact its very likely giving the attention seekers exactly what they want.

The fact is, some here are basing assumptions off a buggy demo, and some of them(the ones i'm talking about) are trolling about it, or near to trolling.

This post has been edited by DN4EVR: 03 June 2011 - 06:41 PM

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View PostCommando Nukem, on 03 June 2011 - 06:10 PM, said:

You have lots of pubic hair??? :(

User is offline   randir14 

I don't know what people were expecting. It's the same two levels we've been seeing for months, so why are so many complaining now? I get the feeling the demo isn't even close to showing off the best of what the full game will have to offer. Which is good since we aren't spoiled...but perhaps a bad marketing move.

This post has been edited by randir14: 03 June 2011 - 07:20 PM

User is offline   LkMax 

View Postrandir14, on 03 June 2011 - 07:19 PM, said:

I don't know what people were expecting. It's the same two levels we've been seeing for months, so why are so many complaining now? I get the feeling the demo isn't even close to showing off the best of what the full game will have to offer. Which is good since we aren't spoiled...but perhaps a bad marketing move.

It's totally different, we only had seen shaky cam footage with 30 seconds of gameplay, what should not give a good idea of what to expect.
I think this game can give some hours of fun but it won't be something close to a GOTY.

Because people want to be right so bad. You know, despite it being an entirely subjective situation. Hey, we're all different, but we're all the same in that we're dumb enough to argue about it.

Look on the bright side: at least we know the desert area won't be as good as the urban areas. :(

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostMysteryMeat, on 03 June 2011 - 07:36 PM, said:

Because people want to be right so bad. You know, despite it being an entirely subjective situation. Hey, we're all different, but we're all the same in that we're dumb enough to argue about it.

Agreed. +1

I hope we get to go in space, Lunar Apocalypse was my favorite episode.

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options