Duke4.net Forums: .....why? - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

.....why?  "Why are there so many people trolling DNF so much?"

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

View PostHank, on 04 June 2011 - 10:20 AM, said:

It's a bit risky to state it like that, but I think this forum is better because of the freedoms given and diversity of the members. Since you have the right to speak your mind, the cream rises to the top. When you start censoring you restrict the bad but also the good. Posted Image
Hehehe... I considered that a few times before not erasing that statement. I should maybe change it to more "personally compatible" rather than actually using the word rational.

The semantics of censorship are complex in my opinion. If I created a new thread every few minutes about different ways I was going to kill and or attack Yatta, would that be ok? Not likely. That is what I am referring to. BUT that is still censorship. The idea of total freedom is mostly idealistic. There must be boundaries in my opinion.

Saying you are going to kill people because they let you down with their product you have not even got yet should not be acceptable in my opinion. I don't consider that censorship... I am sure that will get me negative votes, but I don't know how else to say it.
Creating several threads only to attack other members directly violates multiple rules... most of what I have seen people banned for last night at GearBox I would hope would also result in being banned for over here.

MrBlackCat

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View PostMad Max RW, on 04 June 2011 - 07:49 AM, said:

God damn, I just checked the Gearbox forums and what a cesspool that place has become. Totally called it. And it's only gonna get worse when the game is in stores. I almost feel sorry for the moderators over there.

Ha, Gearbox was always a cesspool, it just grew bigger when the demo came out. The moderators really seem to suck at doing there job too, before they banned people for the slightest offenses and now they won't even ban people that are giving out death threats.

View PostReaperMan, on 04 June 2011 - 10:33 AM, said:

Ha, Gearbox was always a cesspool, it just grew bigger when the demo came out. The moderators really seem to suck at doing there job too, before they banned people for the slightest offenses and now they won't even ban people that are giving out death threats.

I'm actual really surprised that the Gearbox "crew" aren't banning people with negative opinions regarding the FAC demo.

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostDI-MeisterM, on 04 June 2011 - 10:35 AM, said:

I'm actual really surprised that the Gearbox "crew" aren't banning people with negative opinions regarding the FAC demo.
Remember, tho, that Randy TOTALLY doesn't care about lowballers and scores. :(

View PostDN4EVR, on 04 June 2011 - 10:37 AM, said:

Remember, tho, that Randy TOTALLY doesn't care about lowballers and scores. :(

Really? Thats quite funny, because he had no problem banning them before.

This post has been edited by ReaperMan: 04 June 2011 - 10:43 AM

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

Nobody should be so quick to judge a game we haven't even played. Wait, what's that? You played the game? No you didn't, you played a demo. Two levels that I think are fourteen or fifteen maps apart from what I could tell. This shouldn't qualify you to make judgement about the game at all. I judge the demo. Just playing the demo and not messing around with cheats, I don't see any problem with the game, no... DEMO. It's fun, that's what I was playing it for. The problem I have with it, was the fact that it was short, and you skipped around where you play. The other problem I have is that it was released eleven days before my release date. I have no problem with the gameplay, I have a problem with what it could've and\or should've been as a demo.

In short, if you're not critiquing the gameplay, and the gameplay ALONE, then you can have a happy merry shut the fuck up.

Yours truly, an idiotic asshole known as Spirrwell, since you're already going to get there, I thought I'd save you some time trolls.

Edit: Holy shit, a bunch of different posts were made before I made mine...

This post has been edited by Spirrwell: 04 June 2011 - 10:55 AM

View PostSpirrwell, on 04 June 2011 - 10:53 AM, said:

Edit: Holy shit, a bunch of different posts were made before I made mine...

You took too long... :(

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

View PostSpirrwell, on 04 June 2011 - 10:53 AM, said:

Nobody should be so quick to judge a game we haven't even played. Wait, what's that? You played the game? No you didn't, you played a demo.

In short, if you're not critiquing the gameplay, and the gameplay ALONE, then you can have a happy merry shut the fuck up.

Yours truly, an idiotic asshole known as Spirrwell

I agree with the CONCEPT of what you are saying in that this isn't the final product... and I think you are mostly typing to people who you believe are over-reacting like death threats and cancelling pre-orders etc.

But come on man... cut them some slack. No matter how you cook the steak, the core is still the steak. If someone was expecting pork, then yeah, they should cancel their pre-order because that part isn't going to change. But if the only complaints someone has is "how the steak is cooked" then yeah, I would say just wait and see if the final product is cooked right for them.

(Ok, yeah, I am hungry hence the steak metaphor)

(Mmmm... "Come on... you know you want to touch it...")
Posted Image

**edit** Looking back at this steak post made me think... What if Duke Nukem had a Steak House... he would probably call it "The T-Boner Steak House"
:(

MrBlackCat

This post has been edited by MrBlackCat: 04 June 2011 - 01:22 PM

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostMrBlackCat, on 04 June 2011 - 12:01 PM, said:

(Ok, yeah, I am hungry hence the steak metaphor)

Dammit, now i'm hungy. :(

B)

This post has been edited by DN4EVR: 04 June 2011 - 12:03 PM

User is offline   beastrow 

I think a major issue that’s clouding ALL of this is that people on both sides of the fence are confusing preferences with bugs. While I certainly have my own personal thoughts on this, two weapons vs. all weapons/a weapon wheel is a PREFERENCE. Performance issues, texture issues, missing or screwed up scripts are flat out BUGS. And, IMO, people have the right to be concerned about bugs carrying over to the final game. Hopefully they won’t, but no one can say, “I KNOW they won’t”, which is what’s being said on the GBX forums by a lot of people. And someone writing a demo review on a third party site saying, “This isn’t what I played” does not constitute absolute evidence that the release build resolves these issues which, for some reason, is how people are trumpeting it. And, of course, if it IS an older build, they really need to come clean to the FAC and explain the decision. We may not agree, but I think they’ll gain back some karma points for at least being honest, WHATEVER the reason for going that route.

I absolutely continue to hope for the best from the full release, but the silence scares me.

(And man, does that steak look good!)

This post has been edited by beastrow: 04 June 2011 - 12:36 PM

I'm not surprised that he Gearbox forums have turned into a hellhole. The golden rule with official forums is that they are always cesspools. Take a look at the Steam TF2 forum if you don't believe me. :( They're just as bitchy and whiny as Gearbox's forums are, but with less death threats and more whining about hats, "the art style", and every new weapon being unbalanced in one way or another.

This post has been edited by MYHOUSE.MAP: 04 June 2011 - 01:31 PM

User is offline   DN4EVR 

I'm still hungry....and i'll all out of gu....beef. :(

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options