Duke4.net Forums: Did Anyone Get The Demo Notification E-Mail? - Duke4.net Forums

Jump to content

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Did Anyone Get The Demo Notification E-Mail?

User is offline   dnf_1998 

  • 1

#1

According to several posts like this one on the Duke Nukem forums on Xbox.com, some FAC members have already received a demo notification e-mail.

What concerns me is that I've been a FAC member for several months now and I haven't received a demo notification e-mail. The last e-mail Gearbox sent me was about free MP content.

Maybe I'm just a little paranoid that I'll miss out on the DNF demo due to a stupid glitch in the system, but I am genuinely curious as to who received this alleged demo notification e-mail.
0

User is offline   Madmaxwell 

  • 6

#2

don't believe the hype pics of them downloading the demo or bust >.<
0

User is offline   MYHOUSE.MAP 

  • 512

#3

View Postdnf_1998, on 02 June 2011 - 05:42 PM, said:

According to several posts like this one on the Duke Nukem forums on Xbox.com, some FAC members have already received a demo notification e-mail.

What concerns me is that I've been a FAC member for several months now and I haven't received a demo notification e-mail. The last e-mail Gearbox sent me was about free MP content.

Maybe I'm just a little paranoid that I'll miss out on the DNF demo due to a stupid glitch in the system, but I am genuinely curious as to who received this alleged demo notification e-mail.


It might be going from the latest people that registered to the first ones.
0

User is offline   DN4EVR 

  • 2

#4

C'mon demo!
0

User is offline   ryche 

  • 3

#5

I hope you realize how long it takes for them to mail out to everyone in the FAC. It's obvious a good amount of time due to the prior emails taking "forever" to get to some people, then they complain they were notified late.

?machines have no conscience?
0

User is offline   megamustaine 

  • 0

#6

View Postdnf_1998, on 02 June 2011 - 05:42 PM, said:

According to several posts like this one on the Duke Nukem forums on Xbox.com, some FAC members have already received a demo notification e-mail.

What concerns me is that I've been a FAC member for several months now and I haven't received a demo notification e-mail. The last e-mail Gearbox sent me was about free MP content.

Maybe I'm just a little paranoid that I'll miss out on the DNF demo due to a stupid glitch in the system, but I am genuinely curious as to who received this alleged demo notification e-mail.


You might want to reread that thread again. No one has received a demo code yet.
0

User is offline   dnf_1998 

  • 1

#7

View Postmegamustaine, on 02 June 2011 - 06:05 PM, said:

You might want to reread that thread again. No one has received a demo code yet.


I KNOW that nobody has a code yet.

But they allegedly received a demo incoming notification e-mail.
0

User is offline   DN4EVR 

  • 2

#8

No email on my end yet.......sigh
0

User is offline   megamustaine 

  • 0

#9

Give us a specific quote. The only one I see is from the 16th about an email we all got confirming June 3rd for the demo.
0

User is offline   dnf_1998 

  • 1

#10

View Postmegamustaine, on 02 June 2011 - 06:12 PM, said:

Give us a specific quote. The only one I see is from the 16th about an email we all got confirming June 3rd for the demo.


Second post down and I quote :

"Received this E-mail today!!

Where were you the first time you played Duke Nukem Forever?

You'll have your answer on June 3 when the Duke Nukem Forever demo is released exclusively through the First Access Club.

Only First Access Club members like yourself will get to sample the most legendary shooter of all time before the long-awaited game is released on June 10 (International) and June 14 (North America).

Get ready. It's almost here. "
0

User is offline   kaisersoze 

  • Honored Donor
  • 75

#11

View Postdnf_1998, on 02 June 2011 - 06:08 PM, said:

I KNOW that nobody has a code yet.

But they allegedly received a demo incoming notification e-mail.


Don't believe it till you hear/read about it from one of us *here*. :(
1

User is offline   Commando Nukem 

  • Judge Mental
  • 2,469

#12

View Postkaisersoze, on 02 June 2011 - 06:21 PM, said:

Don't believe it till you hear/read about it from one of us *here*. :D


Amen reverend.

This just smells of screw-with-people. And this isn't a time for that! No sir! Posted Image

OPEN MAW PRODUCTIONS
Facebook Youtube and Twitter
1

User is offline   kaisersoze 

  • Honored Donor
  • 75

#13

View PostCommando Nukem, on 02 June 2011 - 06:33 PM, said:

Amen reverend.

This just smells of screw-with-people. And this isn't a time for that! No sir! Posted Image


A toast of the kook.....kool-aid to you sir! All hail the DNF Cult!

Attached thumbnail(s)

  • Attached Image: dnfcult.gif

0

User is offline   JaccuseJuneJaccuse 

  • 3,054

#14

View Postkaisersoze, on 02 June 2011 - 06:35 PM, said:

A toast of the kook.....kool-aid to you sir! All hail the DNF Cult!


Today I was motivated to finally purchase my Steam copy. I haven't bought the 360 version yet but will once it is actually on shelves and I can walk in and pick up the copy.

/salute zee cult of DNF!!!!

/kissnhug for Kaiser et al.
3

User is offline   megamustaine 

  • 0

#15

View Postdnf_1998, on 02 June 2011 - 06:16 PM, said:

Second post down and I quote :

"Received this E-mail today!!

Where were you the first time you played Duke Nukem Forever?

You'll have your answer on June 3 when the Duke Nukem Forever demo is released exclusively through the First Access Club.

Only First Access Club members like yourself will get to sample the most legendary shooter of all time before the long-awaited game is released on June 10 (International) and June 14 (North America).

Get ready. It's almost here. "


Anyone who is in the club should have received this email a while ago. The point of it was to give us a date for the demo.
0

User is offline   Commando Nukem 

  • Judge Mental
  • 2,469

#16

View PostWieder, on 02 June 2011 - 06:46 PM, said:

Today I was motivated to finally purchase my Steam copy. I haven't bought the 360 version yet but will once it is actually on shelves and I can walk in and pick up the copy.

/salute zee cult of DNF!!!!

/kissnhug for Kaiser et al.



WIEDER! You're back! Posted Image

OPEN MAW PRODUCTIONS
Facebook Youtube and Twitter
0

User is offline   Hank 

  • 2,155

#17

View PostWieder, on 02 June 2011 - 06:46 PM, said:

/salute zee cult of DNF!!!!

Posted Image

Ein sarkastischer Deutscher
0

User is offline   megamustaine 

  • 0

#18

I just went back and read your original post dnf1998 and I do apologize. You probably just overlooked the email. I wouldn't worry about it as you did receive the most recent FAC email.
0

User is offline   Yatta 

  • Pizza Lawyer
  • 240

  #19

View PostWieder, on 02 June 2011 - 06:46 PM, said:

Today I was motivated to finally purchase my Steam copy. I haven't bought the 360 version yet but will once it is actually on shelves and I can walk in and pick up the copy.

/salute zee cult of DNF!!!!

/kissnhug for Kaiser et al.

!!

They should give you 10 free copies, no questions asked. (Considering you worked for both companies that made this game :D)

I love Duke4.net. It's one of my life's proudest accomplishments. I'm proud of the community we have built here and the beautiful work that comes out of it every day. I'm proud of the friends I've made here and the kind people who made all of this possible with their hard work, donations, and participation. Thank you.

This post has been edited by Yatta: 02 June 2011 - 07:05 PM

0

User is offline   JaccuseJuneJaccuse 

  • 3,054

#20

View PostCommando Nukem, on 02 June 2011 - 06:47 PM, said:

WIEDER! You're back! Posted Image


I never left... I just put out my holoduke for a while. :P

And I'm in the camp that says the old Ripper looks better than the new one. ;)

View PostHank, on 02 June 2011 - 06:47 PM, said:

Posted Image


;)

View PostYatta, on 02 June 2011 - 07:03 PM, said:

!!

They should give you 10 free copies, no questions asked. (Considering you worked for both companies that made this game ;))


Pish Posh... I left when the going was good and now I can afford to buy those 10 copies. :D

I'm just happy you can still microwave rats. Even if tons of other interactivity was cut to get it shipped... at least you can still do that. :P
1

User is offline   kaisersoze 

  • Honored Donor
  • 75

#21

View PostWieder, on 02 June 2011 - 07:35 PM, said:

I never left... I just put out my holoduke for a while. B)

And I'm in the camp that says the old Ripper looks better than the new one. :(



:angry:



Pish Posh... I left when the going was good and now I can afford to buy those 10 copies. :D

I'm just happy you can still microwave rats. Even if tons of other interactivity was cut to get it shipped... at least you can still do that. :angry:


Heh, maybe they can do a DNF dlc with some of the other weapons models, cut content, etc.

Nice to see ya Charlie and I'm happy you'll actually get to see and play a game you hold very close to you. :huh:
0

User is offline   JaccuseJuneJaccuse 

  • 3,054

#22

View Postkaisersoze, on 02 June 2011 - 07:52 PM, said:

Nice to see ya Charlie and I'm happy you'll actually get to see and play a game you hold very close to you. :(


I hold the community far closer than the game. I haven't been around the game itself for half a decade. :) These days I'm mostly just curious to see what people did to it after 2006.
0

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

  • 390

#23

Having never made any entertainment software, I literally can't imagine the perspective of being both inside and outside with a game like that... rare and lucky position for you (Wieder) I am sure. :(
Especially when the game is one of the most historically unique due to the long development saga.

MrBlackCat

Posted Image
0

User is offline   WedgeBob 

  • 6

#24

Yep, just came home and looked for the e-mail, and I have clicked the link, saw the Steam Code, copying it now, and pasting it in Steam. Getting it ready right now.

EDIT: All righty, got it downloading...Steam estimates that it will be downloaded in less than two hours, I'm hoping they're right.

From Earth, up to Mars City...then to Phobos, then Deimos, down to Hell, then back to Earth again...all in a life of a space marine.

This post has been edited by WedgeBob: 03 June 2011 - 12:29 PM

0

User is offline   JaccuseJuneJaccuse 

  • 3,054

#25

View PostMrBlackCat, on 03 June 2011 - 10:22 AM, said:

Having never made any entertainment software, I literally can't imagine the perspective of being both inside and outside with a game like that... rare and lucky position for you (Wieder) I am sure. :)
Especially when the game is one of the most historically unique due to the long development saga.


I'm going to be doing the same thing for Aliens: Colonial Marines as well... though that one doesn't have quite the same drama/history, heh.

The community/fans make it worth paying close attention to. There isn't any way I can play the game without having a heavily biased perspective. So long as the DM is solid... it will all be worth it to jump into some Duke4.net Dukematch sessions. :(
1

User is offline   Hank 

  • 2,155

#26

View PostWieder, on 03 June 2011 - 02:03 PM, said:

The community/fans make it worth paying close attention to.

Off topic, is there a way to invite other 3D Realms associates to this forum? George and you used to post at the original 3D Realms forums, I remember you when the source code was issued, George understands other things Posted Image - just a thought.

Ein sarkastischer Deutscher
0

User is offline   JaccuseJuneJaccuse 

  • 3,054

#27

View PostHank, on 03 June 2011 - 02:52 PM, said:

Off topic, is there a way to invite other 3D Realms associates to this forum? George and you used to post at the original 3D Realms forums, I remember you when the source code was issued, George understands other things Posted Image - just a thought.


I make the assumption that if they wanted to they already would.
0

User is offline   themaniacboy 

  • 92

#28

View PostWieder, on 02 June 2011 - 07:35 PM, said:

I'm just happy you can still microwave rats. Even if tons of other interactivity was cut to get it shipped... at least you can still do that. B)


You mean probably or for real ?
I would hate to see many things cut.
0

User is offline   JaccuseJuneJaccuse 

  • 3,054

#29

View Postthemaniacboy, on 06 June 2011 - 09:08 AM, said:

You mean probably or for real ?
I would hate to see many things cut.


Until I play the full game it is just speculation based on comments made and what was in the demo. I gotta learn to stop talking about the game because I'm just liable to get myself in trouble and should just be happy everyone can put it behind them pretty soon. B)

As long as Kaiser and you other fun people can kill me a few times in Dukematch... I'll be happy.
0

User is offline   themaniacboy 

  • 92

#30

View PostWieder, on 06 June 2011 - 04:55 PM, said:

Until I play the full game it is just speculation based on comments made and what was in the demo. I gotta learn to stop talking about the game because I'm just liable to get myself in trouble and should just be happy everyone can put it behind them pretty soon. B)

As long as Kaiser and you other fun people can kill me a few times in Dukematch... I'll be happy.


Haha, i will hold that thought in the back of my head.
Until we meet again Dr. Wieder.
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic


All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Maiden! ;) © 2018 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password


Sign in options