Duke4.net Forums: I see new DNF sections and I have an important suggestion! - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I see new DNF sections and I have an important suggestion!

I've noticed that you've added new sections for DNF and I thought about something I've seen in the past on another game forum.
If you've made a "DNF Technical Issues" section, I think it's very important to have it split in either 2 sections or have it contain 2 subsections.
One strictly for pc and the other strictly for consoles, to prevent flaming and trolling of pc users by console users and vice versa.
I've seen nasty flamewars that got started due to pc vs console wars in other Technical Issues sections for other games.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 02 June 2011 - 05:11 PM

User is offline   Hank 

View PostMr.Deviance, on 02 June 2011 - 05:05 PM, said:

I've noticed that you've added new sections for DNF and I thought about something I've seen in the past on another game forum.
If you've made a "DNF Technical Issues" I think it's very important to have it split in 2 sections. One strictly for pe and the other strictly for consoles, to prevent flaming and trolling of pc users by console users and vice versa.
I've seen nasty flamewars that got started due to pc vs console wars in other Technical Issues sections for other games.

Yep. Secondet or whatever

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

DAMMIT! I agree with you! I hate when that happens! (hehehe)
Me and Myself think this idea sounds good. (I on the other hand is just not convinced)

So we third and forth this suggestion.

MrBlackCat

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

Consoles have technical issues, never! lol
Spoiler

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

It's hard enough to get people use the extra sections as it is. There's too many new topics that are already being posted wrongly into the DNF News forum. Imagine how much worse it would be if there were even more sections.

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

Good point. While it is a good idea, it is in fact idealistic as Yatta states... it would assume people would use it, and use it correctly. It would only work for observant and/or compliant people. I see its obsolescence already.
(blink) :(
MrBlackCat

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

PC vs console wars will always have a way of starting no matter what is done to prevent it. It only takes one to throw the match!

User is offline   Hank 

DNF is not out yet! Naturally, people have a problem finding the right slot. DNF Gameplay and Strategy? Posted Image (it's FPS) DNF mods and editing? Posted Image (Say what?) - However, the reason I seconded the first post is that Duke was predominately a PC game, and console versions came as an afterthought. DNF will be the first major hit with a number of console gamers as well. Forums for major games have a consoles section; not to avoid flame fests but to give console players a home, Methinks Posted Image

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

A guy made a thread complaining that playing Duke felt jerky and slow in the DNF technical issues section. Several posts later, it turned out he was talking about Duke Nukem 3D! Posted Image

That just makes my blood boil that he couldn't even bother looking at thread titles or section heading.

Here's the thread: http://forums.duke4....1103#entry91103

User is offline   Rellik 

I wonder if the forum has a thread prefix feature that could be mandatory in the tech issue forum so you would be forced to affix a [PC], [360] or [PS3] to your thread before you post.

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

View PostRellik, on 06 June 2011 - 08:52 AM, said:

I wonder if the forum has a thread prefix feature that could be mandatory in the tech issue forum so you would be forced to affix a [PC], [360] or [PS3] to your thread before you post.

That's interesting and would be nice. There's probably plugins available for it! We should look into it.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options