Duke4.net Forums: For old times sake: Gearbox SERVERS DOWN ! (demo?) - Duke4.net Forums

• 45 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

For old times sake: Gearbox SERVERS DOWN ! (demo?)  "george broussard gets his wish :)"

User is offline   Stewox 

Happening now ... can't be so fast but i am fast .

uploading pics ... wait

The forums load so slow and are very unreachable this is happengin for like 30 mins right now ... even more til the end of this post (1 hrs when i posted pics)

Got to use a proxy since the sites were totally unreachable from my location.

EDIT: I am not sure but they are stating maintenance all over gearbox forums.

EDIT2: FIRST ACCESS submision site is ALSO DOWN.

EDIT3: GBX Website comment confirms it is a HTTP internal error 500 ... definitely a traffic, if it was real maintenance servers wouldnt jump up and down or show 500 errors.

EDIT4: First access submission appears to be on now , however forums still down.

stay tuned ...

PICS:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

UPDATE HINTS ABOUT DEMO ???::: SPREAD TO FORUMS! LET THE INTERNET KNOW DNF DEMO IS COMING :angry:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Stewox: 02 June 2011 - 05:17 PM

User is offline   Alithinos 

Yeah,claptrap says it's a 500 error and I am to blame.

User is offline   Ronin 

View PostStewox, on 02 June 2011 - 01:26 PM, said:

Happening now ... can't be so fast but i am fast .

uploading pics ... wait

EDIT: I am not sure but they are stating maintenance all over gearbox forums.

EDIT2: FIRST ACCESS submision site is ALSO DOWN.

stay tuned

I can still use and refresh the fac page, I have had it open for a while though with no intention of closing it anytime soon, soon I now hate that word.

User is offline   randir14 

george broussard get's his wish

What?

User is offline   Ronin 

View Postrandir14, on 02 June 2011 - 01:51 PM, said:

What?

GB probably said something about hoping the servers crash, with people so excited about DNF comming out, I think I read that somewhere but I cant remember where.

More likely they'll use this as excuse that there won't be a demo on June 3rd. God I hope I'm wrong...

View PostDI-MeisterM, on 02 June 2011 - 01:57 PM, said:

More likely they'll use this as excuse that there won't be a demo on June 3rd. God I hope I'm wrong...

...How exactly would the forums being down translate to no demo? Actually, why would Gearbox even want an excuse to not release the demo? They'll just email everybody their codes tomorrow, no matter what state the forums are in.

User is offline   Stewox 

View Postrandir14, on 02 June 2011 - 01:51 PM, said:

What?

View PostRipemanewone, on 02 June 2011 - 01:57 PM, said:

GB probably said something about hoping the servers crash, with people so excited about DNF comming out, I think I read that somewhere but I cant remember where.

http://twitter.com/#...tus/22901872637

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

That's like... really old.

Well I doubt the servers crashed, I bet Gearbox is doing maintenance to get ready for the demo. Probably will be new forums since they said they'd add a spoiler forum closer to release.

This post has been edited by randir14: 02 June 2011 - 02:13 PM

User is offline   zwieback 

that was around my last birthday. good old times :angry:

User is offline   Stewox 

View Postrandir14, on 02 June 2011 - 02:13 PM, said:

Well I doubt the servers crashed, I bet Gearbox is doing maintenance to get ready for the demo. Probably will be new forums since they said they'd add a spoiler forum closer to release.

you really are blind

User is offline   Ronin 

View PostStewox, on 02 June 2011 - 02:10 PM, said:

Well I never saw that, oh well it sounds like something he would say, anyway I can read minds even if sometimes I am unaware of it, yes that would explain how it was familiar, doesnt matter how far away, I can read you.

Put that on your banana.

What? you dont want to? See, just read your mind.

User is offline   Stewox 

View PostDavoX, on 02 June 2011 - 02:12 PM, said:

That's like... really old.

he got the trending many times

now he gets the crash ! before release

EDIT:

Can't you all get it guys , sish , it's a reference to the famous 2007 DNF trailer SHACKNEWS.COM crash, which was a freaking serious crash ...

for old times sake ... DNF gets delayed a month, and servers crash again :angry: ... the epic tale , i mean , it can't be more perfect , i know this thread will be history written that's why i made it !

This post has been edited by Stewox: 02 June 2011 - 02:19 PM

View PostStewox, on 02 June 2011 - 02:14 PM, said:

you really are blind

We shall see when the forums come back.

User is offline   HoTel Hell 

ya i am sure the demo will still be released. I can't wait to play it !!!

User is offline   Guess Who 

It´s actually the first time i´ve ever felt happy for a forum that i follow in this condition (crashed lol) :angry:
I´ts time to kick ass and chew bubble gum!

Forum works here.

User is offline   Hank 

View Postrandir14, on 02 June 2011 - 02:17 PM, said:

We shall see when the forums come back.

They are, right now. CryptKiller beat me to it. I'm too slow.

This post has been edited by Hank: 02 June 2011 - 02:35 PM

User is offline   Ronin 

And, they are down again.

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

Servers spontaneously crash, go down, or are taken down for maintenance. Nothing to be alarmed about in my opinion. :angry:

User is offline   Hank 

Every time I'll access Gearbox, I'm in.

So, next is getting the demo inside scoop. It's like 3 June - 7 am in Australia. Posted Image This will be a long night Posted ImagePosted Image

User is offline   Ronin 

View PostYatta, on 02 June 2011 - 03:10 PM, said:

Servers spontaneously crash, go down, or are taken down for maintenance. Nothing to be alarmed about in my opinion. :angry:

Are you getting a blow job in your avatar pic? :blink:

User is offline   Montykoro 

Gbx forums still dead to me... Maybe midnight release of the demo?

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostMontykoro, on 02 June 2011 - 03:47 PM, said:

Gbx forums still dead to me... Maybe midnight release of the demo?

My mother actually had that thought. But midnight by 2k or midnight for GBX? Who knows.

Both FAC and GBX forums are down for me right now. Posted Image

I hope that's the hype hurting their servers and not just that they took them down for maint. Just for the sake of my Duketard ego.

User is offline   N64 

First access and Gearbox Forum dead... :angry:

View PostCommando Nukem, on 02 June 2011 - 03:53 PM, said:

My mother actually had that thought. But midnight by 2k or midnight for GBX? Who knows.

Both FAC and GBX forums are down for me right now. Posted Image

I hope that's the hype hurting their servers and not just that they took them down for maint. Just for the sake of my Duketard ego.

I ended up with a 500ish error. I hope that this error gets fixed.... I know the servers are down so definately we'll get the demo tomorrow (I hope).

User is offline   coheed82 

Hmmm. At the moment it's 9:27AM in australia, adelaide time. Ive stayed up most last night for nothing.. now i see gbx are down...
This better be some ridiculous way of making us nervous just so that they can upload our codes finally... i mean COME ON! of all the days that have passed here.. on the DEMO DAY they go down? :angry:
I give them 10 hours tops, if they havent manned up & given us aussies our demo by then im gonna skitz. :blink:
This is our day ... not tomorrow.. the day after that... TODAY!

This post has been edited by coheed82: 02 June 2011 - 04:03 PM

View Postcoheed82, on 02 June 2011 - 04:01 PM, said:

Hmmm. At the moment it's 9:27AM in australia, adelaide time. Ive stayed up most last night for nothing.. now i see gbx are down...
This better be some ridiculous way of making us nervous just so that they can upload our codes finally... i mean COME ON! of all the days that have passed here.. on the DEMO DAY they go down? :angry:
I give them 10 hours tops, if they havent manned up & given us aussies our demo by then im gonna skitz. :blink:
This is our day ... not tomorrow.. the day after that... TODAY!

The time is likely to be based on either 2K's or GBX's timezones, not one in Australia/New Zealand.

User is offline   robotman5 

this better not delay the demo. :angry:

Share this topic:

• 45 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options