http://www.youtube.c...c&feature=share

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

-sigh- Same lame ass music. Bleh.

User is offline   Alithinos 

View PostCommando Nukem, on 02 June 2011 - 04:14 AM, said:

-sigh- Same lame ass music. Bleh.

Yeah I didn't liked the music either.
Oh and most clips are from other trailers..

User is offline   zwieback 

the trailer is the best so far. also they didn't spoil much more of the game. very good work this time - of course lots of people don't like the music, but i have no problem with that

This post has been edited by zwieback: 02 June 2011 - 04:20 AM

User is offline   coheed82 

its ok.
hopefully no more than 20 hrs to go til demo..

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

They finally showed the full bit of the pig cop being frozen. The way Duke kicks it is so cool.

Also the animation of the strippers looks pretty good, and I can tell from the other new bits of the trailer that this game definitely is going to be a hit, at least in my mind.

Edit: why the hell are they calling it a launch trailer? The game is still a week away, even more for some, and not even the demo, for the people who are supposed to be getting it early, is out yet. Absolutely nothing is being launched, and the demo is probably still 24 hours away.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 02 June 2011 - 04:36 AM

User is offline   Sebastian 

View PostMicky C, on 02 June 2011 - 04:33 AM, said:

They finally showed the full bit of the pig cop being frozen. The way Duke kicks it is so cool.

Also the animation of the strippers looks pretty good, and I can tell from the other new bits of the trailer that this game definitely is going to be a hit, at least in my mind.

Edit: why the hell are they calling it a launch trailer? The game is still a week away, even more for some, and not even the demo, for the people who are supposed to be getting it early, is out yet. Absolutely nothing is being launched, and the demo is probably still 24 hours away.

Don't launch trailers usually come out x amount of days before the game ships though?

User is offline   Stewox 

oh the music

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostSebastian, on 02 June 2011 - 04:47 AM, said:

Don't launch trailers usually come out x amount of days before the game ships though?

Idk, 12 days until the American release date just feels like a long time, especially for DNF.

Also, the graphics actually look really good from that trailer. What they've shown looks really polished.

User is offline   sababa007 

I just noticed that the news presenter is that kid's father!
the one who asked an autograph from duke XD

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Groan @ music, but at least there's some new footage there. Looks like they're really going for the spectacle of things in certain areas much like Half-Life. For instance, the shot where the mighty foot monster truck is driving through the air with that big alien tower thing in the background. I'm hoping for a lot more cool spectacle moments like that.

Also, HD download?

WTF is wrong with the music, why not play the actual theme song? this music is terrible... does NOT remind me of the 90's one bit, it reminds me of white kids who think there gangster. RAGE! XD, makes me think there trying to attract console kiddies.

This post has been edited by GothicBunny: 02 June 2011 - 07:16 AM

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

Well... in fairness, we are going to buy it anyway... and most any company will to try to appeal to anyone with the money to buy the game.

I guess I don't care one way or the other... not saying others shouldn't care though.

MrBlackCat

Major disappointment for me: where the fuck is Grabbag? And why did they have to include the 5:4 to 16:9 stretched Freezer scene?

User is offline   Engel220 

The trailers are more for everyone else who hasn't decided on buying the game, us lot are dedicated fans and are a safe market so we don't have to be sold something that we've already bought, pre-ordered or are definately getting. Marketing is marketing, sometimes you have to do things that you might not like, but if they can sell a product a bit easier to a larger demographic then they're worth doing.

I like the song, it's no prize winner but there's a good chorus, some solid guitar behind it and a decent rap infusion.

This post has been edited by Engel220: 02 June 2011 - 10:11 AM

It's not that the music doesn't remind me of the 90s, it just reminds me of the wrong part of the 90s.

Engel nailed it. This trailer isn't to attract the people like us that have been waiting 15 years, but rather a new generation of gamers who may be on the fence about buying it.

But still after that fact, I admit; I enjoyed it. A lot.

Music is great. I think it's a great trailer. Remember it's not for us, it's for those who aren't "duke fans".

The girls have bigger arses now :blink: :P :angry:

This post has been edited by Sinisterambo: 02 June 2011 - 09:34 AM

User is offline   Splat 

• Eat Shit and...

We're going to need boob mods. "High Poly Rack Pack"?

Posted Image

User is offline   Alithinos 

View PostSplat, on 02 June 2011 - 10:39 AM, said:

We're going to need boob mods. "High Poly Rack Pack"?

Posted Image

I hope it's from the xbox360 version.

View PostAlithinos, on 02 June 2011 - 10:48 AM, said:

I won't care if it's from the Xbox 360 version, these are fine boobs.

This post has been edited by themaniacboy: 02 June 2011 - 11:30 AM

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 02 June 2011 - 06:29 AM, said:

Groan @ music, but at least there's some new footage there. Looks like they're really going for the spectacle of things in certain areas much like Half-Life. For instance, the shot where the mighty foot monster truck is driving through the air with that big alien tower thing in the background. I'm hoping for a lot more cool spectacle moments like that.

Also, HD download?

Look on dukenukemforever.com and click "play trailer" then the quicktime icon.

User is offline   WedgeBob 

View PostAlithinos, on 02 June 2011 - 10:48 AM, said:

Mmm, I'm pretty sure that those would be from the PC version...to me, the PC's still the perfect platform for the Dukester. I mean, that's where the francise started, and that's still perhaps going to be where he'll shine this time.
No disrespect to the console crowd, but...as far back as the older fanbase of Duke goes, I think I know what made Duke what he is.

User is offline   Ronin 

I am unimpressed with the trailer, gore neutered, RAP music, meh the others were better, I suppose it fits the shite cover style, fcuken rap music. If you like hip-hop, kick yourself in the ass and grow a decent taste in music, opinion nothin its crap.

Made by morons, for morons, fcuk you hip-hop die slow.

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

I really want to make a new trailer myself... with grabbag, again. Featuring all the currently released media.

User is offline   Ronin 

View PostDavoX, on 02 June 2011 - 02:13 PM, said:

I really want to make a new trailer myself... with grabbag, again. Featuring all the currently released media.

Make it so....

User is offline   Fox Mulder 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 02 June 2011 - 06:29 AM, said:

Also, HD download?

http://cdn.gearboxso...reOrder_WEB.zip

User is offline   ferran275 

music started so friggin strong, it was that STRONG MAN 'SOMETHING!!!' song, lol I don't remember how it goes but I do remember it being kick ass then they had to go and fuck it up with stupid ear raping end of the world shitty ass cock sucking bull shit fag dick smoking fucking RAP

BOOOOOOO

listening on mute is MUCH better

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I'm not disappointed just because there's no grabbag, I'm disappointed because they specifically said that they were saving grabbag for the launch trailer.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options