Duke4.net Forums: duke4.net shutting down? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

duke4.net shutting down?  "you got to be kidding me"

Ok first off i don;t know if i should put this in website feedback or just this, so i assumed this. Anyways on to the main event, i heard on the recent news post on this site that this place is going to be shut down due to this little fuck of a loser who is an idiot and doesn't have smart concept of the world.

In light of recent findings, we're shutting down our website indefinitely. In the meantime, please stop visiting us while we work behind the scenes to dismantle our disgraceful existence. Thanks!

I was at a local Gamestop getting a Wii game for my 11 year old son when I saw the Duke Nukem Forever display pictured.

As the father of a boy, I try to pay close attention to the subiminal messages presented in the media (ex: violence = masculinity). In so doing, I see the visual messages girls are receiving and I find them deeply disturbing.

I politely (really) mentioned to the 20-something manager and teenage boy employee that the display image not just objectified women in an environment catering to impressionable, pre-teen boys, but the the advertisement bordered on pedophilia, as the female (with no face, just blond hair) was wearing a high school uniform and being groped by a man twice her age. I got blank stares and a shrug in response.

I tried a different tack. I pointed out that they doubtless had classmates and sisters (I stayed away suggesting girlfriends) and said that the poster presents an unrealistic, fetishised ideal of feminine beauty that no real girl could ever live up to. A girl they knew might see this and feel terrible about herself without knowing why. They just ignored me.

I left with my son and felt very sad. Godspeed to all of you raising girls out there.

Oh, and Duke? Fuck you. Douchebag.

Really? do you truly have to shutdown? over this BS? And if so please make a sticky thread to make it a official even though it pisses me off to a great degree. Also now that i think of it, will it affect the release of DNF? I sure hope to god not

This post has been edited by duke4everman: 31 May 2011 - 06:51 AM

User is offline   CruX 

It was sarcasm. DNF is still going to come out (...), and Duke4 isn't going anywhere.

This post has been edited by EmericaSkater: 31 May 2011 - 06:52 AM

View PostEmericaSkater, on 31 May 2011 - 06:52 AM, said:

It was sarcasm. DNF is still going to come out (...), and Duke4 isn't going anywhere.

Oh ok thanks, im very sorry then to post that, you guys may delete it.

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

Your media reading skills = 0.

View PostMikko_Sandt, on 31 May 2011 - 07:02 AM, said:

Your media reading skills = 0.

yep they suck

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View Postduke4everman, on 31 May 2011 - 07:16 AM, said:

yep they suck

Do they suck hard?

View PostReaperMan, on 31 May 2011 - 07:20 AM, said:

Do they suck hard?

yes sir they do, i am sorry everyone about this

Mods you can delete this thread if you want

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

Posted Image

Tell me duke4everman, do you also believe that Yatta is banned?
Btw, if you send me 100 bucks over to my paypal, will get Duke Nukem Forever 2: The revenge of the Doctor Proton for you tomorrow.
I will do it only for you! I am not bsing I actually have DNF 2 archived on my hdd and I am willing to give it only to you and only if you give me 100 bucks!

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 31 May 2011 - 09:26 AM

User is offline   ch108 

View PostThe Mighty Bison, on 31 May 2011 - 09:02 AM, said:

Posted Image

Rep for sitting through that film.

But yeah the wink emoticon on the front page story should have been clue enough that he was joking, oh well I know what it's like to half read stuff sometimes.

This post has been edited by ch108: 31 May 2011 - 01:05 PM

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

Posted Image

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Didn't you notice? Duke4.net did shut down, it was a sad day. This is a completely different, unrelated Duke4.net that just happens to share a lot of similarities.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options