Duke4.net Forums: Impressions from the multiplayer event - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Impressions from the multiplayer event

User is offline   randir14 

This guy posted his impressions of the recent multiplayer event at 2K, he also answers questions from people:
http://www.shacknews...anchor_25976246

User is offline   You 

View Postrandir14, on 27 May 2011 - 01:30 PM, said:

This guy posted his impressions of the recent multiplayer event at 2K, he also answers questions from people:
http://www.shacknews...anchor_25976246

Good stuff. Pity we have no idea of the reliability of the source.

Well the person posting in there named Dahanese is 2K Elizabeth so I'm sure it's legit.

User is offline   zwieback 

awesome thanks :)

Sounds really fun so far.
Can't wait to try it out.

Hope it does reminds me of Dukematch, except for the name ofcourse.

Heh, I just read someone else's impressions. They said there's an easter egg in the Hollywood Holocaust map:
Spoiler

They also said Hollywood Holocaust isn't just the outer streets. The entire level is completely remade, including secret areas.

This post has been edited by randir14: 27 May 2011 - 05:00 PM

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Well, there was some Easter Egg in Duke 3D to begin with, some messages and telephones there

This post has been edited by Fox: 27 May 2011 - 04:58 PM

View Postrandir14, on 27 May 2011 - 04:56 PM, said:

They also said Hollywood Holocaust isn't just the outer streets. The entire level is completely remade, including secret areas.

Thanks for sharing. Glad to hear.

Another writeup
http://www.levelupyo...m-a-duke3d-fan/

P2P multiplaying...bad news :)

View PostDI-MeisterM, on 27 May 2011 - 11:03 PM, said:

P2P multiplaying...bad news :)

well shit... hackers will love this. Unless it actually punishes hackers unlike mw2's p2p system.

This post has been edited by GothicBunny: 28 May 2011 - 02:00 AM

User is offline   Psyrgery 

Bodies explode when they die? That's just lame, I wanted some cool meqon-driven ragdolls if the deaths were no to brutal (as shown in a pic where a Jetpack-carrying Duke is shooting a Raggdoll Dead Duke with the Ripper)

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

I'm sure they don't explode all the time, like they wouldn't do it when hit by the shotgun (although I have to say, if they did, it'd be extremely annoying)

User is offline   Loke 

View PostMicky C, on 28 May 2011 - 02:18 AM, said:

I'm sure they don't explode all the time, like they wouldn't do it when hit by the shotgun (although I have to say, if they did, it'd be extremely annoying)

From watching the released footage from Gamespot you can see that the bodies explode from shotgun and ripper kills. Pretty silly.

View PostLoke, on 28 May 2011 - 04:26 AM, said:

From watching the released footage from Gamespot you can see that the bodies explode from shotgun and ripper kills. Pretty silly.

I've seen the shotgun a few times, punch back some pigcops in a really cool way. I am not sure in what video but I think the scene took place on top of that building where duke is shooting pigcops when that small dropship comes.
The shotgun acted like a real shotgun would from what I saw.
If they stick to realism, the shotgun will explode limbs if they get shot, which would totally happen in real life too.
If the entire body explodes to piece when you shoot with the shotgun, then that's silly indeed and not very realistic.
It's very possible however that weapons act completely different in mp than in sp.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 28 May 2011 - 04:43 AM

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostMr.Deviance, on 28 May 2011 - 04:42 AM, said:

I've seen the shotgun a few times, punch back some pigcops in a really cool way. I am not sure in what video but I think the scene took place on top of that building where duke is shooting pigcops when that small dropship comes.
The shotgun acted like a real shotgun would from what I saw.
If they stick to realism, the shotgun will explode limbs if they get shot, which would totally happen in real life too.
If the entire body explodes to piece when you shoot with the shotgun, then that's silly indeed and not very realistic.
It's very possible however that weapons act completely different in mp than in sp.

I'm really hoping this isn't the case. One of the problems I had while playing Medal of Honor after playing through the single player and then trying to jump to the MP was that some of the controls were changed. Prone was dropped completely, and the weapon behavior was very different in some cases. I hope its as close to 1:1 as possible... Given we have different developers for the two components that's not likely though. Either way it'll be awesome to play MP with friends. Posted Image

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

Well Mr.Deviance, you said it yourself. PIGCOPS are thrown back by the shotgun, which means it's in singleplayer, not MP which is what the guy was talking about when mentioning the exploding bodies. (There aren't pigcops in MP)

User is offline   Mad Max RW 

P2P matchmaking *shakes head* Sounds like it'll be a barren wasteland online. Definitely getting this for singleplayer... when the price is right.

I've played a lot of PC MW2, so I'm used to P2P. How much I'll play depends on how much people will be playing it a few weeks after the game comes out.

User is offline   You 

The bodies only explode in multi-player. Can't have 500 dead dukes lying around the place in a DM :angry:

User is offline   Stewox 

View PostMYHOUSE.MAP, on 28 May 2011 - 12:57 PM, said:

I've played a lot of PC MW2, so I'm used to P2P. How much I'll play depends on how much people will be playing it a few weeks after the game comes out.

glad you stopped playing it :angry:

View PostDavoX, on 28 May 2011 - 07:02 AM, said:

Well Mr.Deviance, you said it yourself. PIGCOPS are thrown back by the shotgun, which means it's in singleplayer, not MP which is what the guy was talking about when mentioning the exploding bodies. (There aren't pigcops in MP)

I haven't said that the scene with the shotgun and the pigcop was from mp. I just said that I have seen that the shotgun acts decent in sp.
I haven't seen it or can't remember if I've seen it in action in mp which is why I said that the physics might be tweaked to work differently in mp.

speaking of shotgun and limbs
jump to 15 seconds

View Postzwieback, on 29 May 2011 - 10:57 AM, said:

speaking of shotgun and limbs
jump to 15 seconds

Judging by the black leather gloves, this is an older build of dnf.
I just hope they didn't fuck up the physics that can be seen in that video because they looked so damn real.
Ever since the new gameplay videos started pouring, I haven't seen one where the shotgun can still dismember the npc's in such a realistic manner.
I certainly hope gearbox didn't tweak that in favor of a less bloody version...
In that video, when he shoots the pig, the whole screen becomes wet, almost makes me thirsty of cherry juice...
In the latest gameplay videos from gearbox I haven't seen dead pigcops being shot with the shotgun so I don't know if they kept that gore in or if they toned it down...

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 29 May 2011 - 11:15 AM

i HOPE that the videos shown by gbx were censored. i think a lot of people were saying that this is the case, but i haven't read official confirmation on that - so yes, i completely agree with you mr. deviance.

In regards to the censorship of the gore, I just hope squishing people after shrinking them actually leaves a puddle (complete with footprints after stepping in it), that and the smearing of blood upon the walls when you shoot and explode aliens.

To me half of the one-liners in Duke 3D were hilarious because of the over the top violence that came along side them.

User is offline   Stewox 

If you ask me ... 3DR style marketing and Jace hall show was better than everything else gearbox ever shown , i don't know on what they focus on but it's clearly they really make it "mainstream" feeeling ... i think they're also taking console footage.

View PostMr.Deviance, on 29 May 2011 - 11:09 AM, said:

Judging by the black leather gloves, this is an older build of dnf.
I just hope they didn't fuck up the physics that can be seen in that video because they looked so damn real.
Ever since the new gameplay videos started pouring, I haven't seen one where the shotgun can still dismember the npc's in such a realistic manner.
I certainly hope gearbox didn't tweak that in favor of a less bloody version...
In that video, when he shoots the pig, the whole screen becomes wet, almost makes me thirsty of cherry juice...
In the latest gameplay videos from gearbox I haven't seen dead pigcops being shot with the shotgun so I don't know if they kept that gore in or if they toned it down...

I don't think they have toned it down.
If they did, then i would get so mad.

Gore was one of the coolest features of DNF.
Dismemberment, decapitate, gib etc..
It's been such a long time that a game had this.

User is offline   Engel220 

Partius played the extended PAX demo at the Gadget Show and said that blood decals and gibbing were there, and, considering he's played the game, I'm fairly inclined to believe him.

now i remember randy was saying the same in an interview (don't ask me which one) - he said that you can shoot of armor and gibs and that the 3dr guys go very deep into the detail there :angry:

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options