Duke4.net Forums: DNF Countdown Thread - Duke4.net Forums

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

DNF Countdown Thread  "TWO WEEEEKSSSS....................."

User is offline   DN4EVR 

Nuff said.

How are you guys getting prepped for DNF? Like how do you treat each day until it comes out? A countdown clock via the web? A calendar with fancy chocolates on each day to eat? Some sort of minigame each day, usually involving smoking and/or drinking perhaps?

Come on people, I wanna hear all about your final days in the wait for DUKE!

Post post post post.....bloody post!

Playing TF2, researching whether or not I can fit the GTX 560 into my computer for an upgrade, listening to Dethklok, etc.

Speaking of Dethklok, there are quite a few songs they have that can be interpreted as related to the DNF development story.

I am playing almost all Duke Nukem games in preparation for DNF.
Watching videos, listening music of Duke Nukem.

The normal stuff.

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View Postthemaniacboy, on 27 May 2011 - 10:08 AM, said:

I am playing almost all Duke Nukem games in preparation for DNF.
Watching videos, listening music of Duke Nukem.

The normal stuff.

Got your altar set up in the closet of Duke's manly form, then? :) :D
:(

This post has been edited by Sinisterambo: 27 May 2011 - 12:37 PM

User is offline   Splat 

• Eat Shit and...

^
HAHA! Two weeks
---
I'll take a day off work, June 10th. That's all.

User is offline   zwieback 

fucking saturday here already => that makes 6 days to the demo :)

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

Fuck you, International date line.

View PostSinisterambo, on 27 May 2011 - 12:37 PM, said:

I have sneaky feeling that a muscly guy is hiding inside that woman. Could it be Duke Nukem or somebody with similar characteristics to Duke? :)

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 28 May 2011 - 05:49 AM

User is offline   ferran275 

I have a HUGE deadline on some work I'm doing for DN3D Reloaded on the 12th so I'm trying to just focus on that, because once I hit those deadlines, my reward will be DNF two days later! :)

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

It's a dream come true that Duke Nukem Forever will finally be something real, something playable, something we can pick up off the shelf at a store and buy... The young child in the 90's that awaited the game is now a young adult, and his inner child is giddy with anticipation. I can't wait. Posted Image

View Postferran275, on 28 May 2011 - 07:05 AM, said:

I have a HUGE deadline on some work I'm doing for DN3D Reloaded on the 12th so I'm trying to just focus on that, because once I hit those deadlines, my reward will be DNF two days later! :)

Wait, are you a dev at DN3D Reloaded? I haven't seen your name in the DN3D Reloaded team section.

View PostMr.Deviance, on 28 May 2011 - 07:39 AM, said:

Wait, are you a dev at DN3D Reloaded? I haven't seen your name in the DN3D Reloaded team section.

I'm doing there bumpers ATM, my deadline is for specific ones. Frederik signed me on to the team when he saw the Nuke Symbol I was working on:
http://forums.duke4....-im-working-on/
So now I'm helping them out, I'll probably be doing trailers and stuff when the time comes :angry:

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

If you ask me, your work is better off with the HRP.

5 days to demo day :angry:

User is offline   ch108 

View Postzwieback, on 29 May 2011 - 12:43 AM, said:

5 days to demo day :angry:

Exciting eh? :blink: I know there's a certain song about that particular day which I dare not post here for fear that the golden master disc will be burnt up in a hellish fireball.

it's so awesome :angry: it's like 1996 all over again - 7 of my old buddies are coming over to my house with their boxes on release day for some dukematch. like good old times

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View Postzwieback, on 29 May 2011 - 01:35 AM, said:

it's so awesome :angry: it's like 1996 all over again - 7 of my old buddies are coming over to my house with their boxes on release day for some dukematch. like good old times

Aw i'd love to get in on something like that for release day. Exciting times indeed.

Hell I hope I can get a copy relatively soon after release. Posted Image

User is offline   DN4EVR 

soon....fellow dukers.....very, very soooon. :angry:
:blink:

I'm gonna try my best to avoid the demo, actions speak louder than words though so I know that once it comes out and I'm sitting here watching minutes turn to hours I might get weak and download it :angry: I really want the whole experience in one shot, I don't want to have to get a piece then have to wait even longer for the rest

View Postferran275, on 29 May 2011 - 11:13 AM, said:

I'm gonna try my best to avoid the demo, actions speak louder than words though so I know that once it comes out and I'm sitting here watching minutes turn to hours I might get weak and download it :P I really want the whole experience in one shot, I don't want to have to get a piece then have to wait even longer for the rest

I am also thinking that the demo might spoil my desire to have more if the demo happens to suck.
However, if I won't be playing the demo, I am going to be bombarded with information and opinions about it from the hundreds of people that I have on my msn list.
Also if I am going to visit this forum after the demo comes out, I will find detailed info about the demo at every corner, so there's no reason to hide from it because it will be impossible.
I rather play the demo without hearing anybody's opinion before I play it because if I hear lots of people hating on it, I might start playing it and expect it to suck and trick myself into hating it, when otherwise I might like it if my opinion does not get influenced by anybody else.

Pretty much after the demo gets released, I expect this forum to explode, and I expect to see pictures of Yatta being raped by mad newly registered users.
I also expect to see Yatta turn into an angry admin that will ban everybody just for daring to make a typo! :angry:

I am probably going to leave this forum for a while because an entire nuclear war is going to take place here in a few days after the demo's release and a total nuclear holocaust is going rain on this place after the full game is released.
So as you can imagine, after a nuclear holocaust rains on top of a place that has already been through a nuclear war, that place is going to be impossible to live in.
The nuclear holocaust of trolls can be seen at the the horizon :blink:

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 29 May 2011 - 11:38 AM

User is offline   DN4EVR 

5 more days...anyone wanna toast the soon to be success of DNF demo with me? :angry:

View PostDN4EVR, on 29 May 2011 - 11:28 AM, said:

5 more days...anyone wanna toast the soon to be success of DNF demo with me? :angry:

I will toast for the success of the full DNF game not for the demo, because frankly I don't expect that demo to be all that good since the latest demos of other games have always shown that the full game can be much more polished.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 29 May 2011 - 11:46 AM

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostSplat, on 27 May 2011 - 12:41 PM, said:

I'll take a day off work, June 10th. That's all.

Ditto.

I'm also not starting playing any plot-related video game. Cause I like those one at a time and I might not able to finish it by 10th.

no chance to avoid the demo for me. i waited too long. i take every bit i can get. of course it would be wiser to wait for the full version, but frankly this is duke nukem forever and not just some game - i can't. i'm weak :angry:

View PostMr.Deviance, on 29 May 2011 - 11:27 AM, said:

I am also thinking that the demo might spoil my desire to have more if the demo happens to suck.
However, if I won't be playing the demo, I am going to be bombarded with information and opinions about it from the hundreds of people that I have on my msn list.
Also if I am going to visit this forum after the demo comes out, I will find detailed info about the demo at every corner, so there's no reason to hide from it because it will be impossible.
I rather play the demo without hearing anybody's opinion before I play it because if I hear lots of people hating on it, I might start playing it and expect it to suck and trick myself into hating it, when otherwise I might like it if my opinion does not get influenced by anybody else.

Pretty much after the demo gets released, I expect this forum to explode, and I expect to see pictures of Yatta being raped by mad newly registered users.
I also expect to see Yatta turn into an angry admin that will ban everybody just for daring to make a typo! :angry:

I am probably going to leave this forum for a while because an entire nuclear war is going to take place here in a few days after the demo's release and a total nuclear holocaust is going rain on this place after the full game is released.
So as you can imagine, after a nuclear holocaust rains on top of a place that has already been through a nuclear war, that place is going to be impossible to live in.
The nuclear holocaust of trolls can be seen at the the horizon :blink:

haha, the shit storm is unavoidable! You bring up a very good point, we've seen modest growth ever since the announcement of Gearbox's takeover, mostly from the fallout of the 3D Realms forum (myself included) once the game comes out, wow, I just don't know, its like a forum that talks about nothing but Bigfoot, so they don't get much traffic, but then one day Bigfoot walks out of the woods and the forum literally explodes! I don't know, but I think you're right, poor Yatta, on release day he's going to be on the forum while we're all playing, the trolls are zombies, and Yatta will be the only one with a shotgun :P

View PostDN4EVR, on 29 May 2011 - 11:28 AM, said:

It's the first playable version of the game for many Dukers, so i'll toast to that after waiting 14 years just to get my hands on that game.
Years ago i hated dreams about playing DNF, when i woke up i realised that it wasn't real so i hated it, now i love them knowing that i'll be playing the actual game in 4 days, well the demo.

This post has been edited by themaniacboy: 30 May 2011 - 10:36 AM

User is offline   Fox Mulder 

72 hours. Are you prepared?

I'm gonna play through Duke 3D and Manhattan Project. I may just skip the demo and dive right into the balls of steel edition. I feel like playing the demo a few days before the full game will sorta ruin the enjoyment of just playing the full game for the first time. I've waited a long time for this so I want it to be special and new, not replaying the first few levels or whatever.

I'm def playing the demo. I've waited 14 years to to finally touch this game, that I just can't wait for the retail version. I've been listening to my Music To Score By OST, as well as playing Duke 3D with the PSX soundtrack..just to get me ready. I'm also fortunate enough to be one of the lucky people going to the Badass Duke Party in Dallas event on June 11th. Also ordered my NECA Duke figure. Feels good to be an hardcore Duke fan.

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options