Duke4.net Forums: So what do you guys think will be the next DNF? - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

So what do you guys think will be the next DNF?  "aS IN....."

User is offline   zwieback 

oops you're right i lost track, sorry for my post.
but here's the one and only:

BLACK MESA.

User is offline   Mad Max RW 

Black Mesa is just a free mod developed by amateurs who had no prior experience in such a large team project. Does it really qualify? I feel like I was the only person not surprised by the nightmare it has become for the guys involved.

frankly, i don't care. everybody that puts out release dates / years and fails to deliver qualifies. as hard as it sounds. :)

This post has been edited by zwieback: 26 May 2011 - 12:42 PM

View Postzwieback, on 26 May 2011 - 12:41 PM, said:

frankly, i don't care. everybody that puts out release dates / years and fails to deliver qualifies. as hard as it sounds. :)

Ok, I can buy that. As a matter of fact, Black Mesa got #4 on Wired's Vaporware 2010 awards.

i got another one! postal3 :)

User is offline   randir14 

View Postzwieback, on 27 May 2011 - 03:02 PM, said:

i got another one! postal3 :)

Good one. What the hell is going on with that game? Last I heard Running With Scissors contracted some Russian company to help them finish it.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

You can try to find similar things, but frankly I don't think there's anything out there quite like Duke Nukem Forever. It happened once, and it'll never likely happen again quite the same way. The only thing thats quite compares in terms of development length and hardships and changing of teams is Daikatana. But that's old news, and not nearly as long either.Posted Image

Hey look http://www.carmageddon.com

Carmageddon is brought back to life by its original creators, Stainless, after all.

User is offline   WedgeBob 

Doom 4 would probably sound obvious to fit the category.

User is offline   Postal 

Starwars Battlefront 3

User is offline   Madmaxwell 

nothing no one but duke could have stayed along this live accept maybe zelda, mario or the master chief half life maybe xD most companies kill projects that take to long now and days though. also Starwars Battlefront 3 was officially cancelled a few years ago when they shutdown the company making it.

This post has been edited by Madmaxwell: 01 June 2011 - 11:16 PM

Earth No More - remember the original announcement in 2007? Yep, in that announcement ENM was slated for a release in 2009. Well its 2011 now...cue "Earth No More No More" gags? :angry:

Regards,

Yickle!

User is offline   DerickVonD 

View PostWedgeBob, on 01 June 2011 - 04:28 PM, said:

Doom 4 would probably sound obvious to fit the category.

Yes Doom 4.

shadow warrior 2
the return of lo wang

View PostMr.Deviance, on 25 May 2011 - 03:06 AM, said:

Carmageddon 4 hasn't had a life of delays either. It has been announced some time in the past and officially canceled some years later.
Nobody was in the hot chair waiting for more media on Carmageddon 4.
I definitely don't see how Carmageddon 4 can qualify in this chart unless it gets announced in 6 days and then gets delayed for 15 more years like DNF did...
When development was canceled on carmgeddon 4, the devs were pretty specific about it and didn't go for ifs and maybes.

Yeah but I just wanted to say Carmageddon 4, ah... Carmageddon 4.

"Visit the forums, and get involved in the biggest brand re-boot since... what’s his name... that Nuclear guy... Duck... Dick... Dick Fallout?"

From their site.

This post has been edited by Sinisterambo: 05 June 2011 - 10:33 AM

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options