Duke4.net Forums: So what do you guys think will be the next DNF? - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

So what do you guys think will be the next DNF?  "aS IN....."

User is offline   DN4EVR 

What game will become the next longshot turned gold someday? Any thoughts? I mean now that DNF is gold, the vaporware underdog crown has to go to someone right? :)

View PostDN4EVR, on 24 May 2011 - 05:15 AM, said:

What game will become the next longshot turned gold someday? Any thoughts? I mean now that DNF is gold, the vaporware underdog crown has to go to someone right? :)

Most definitely Half Life 2 Ep3 !

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 24 May 2011 - 05:16 AM

View PostDN4EVR, on 24 May 2011 - 05:15 AM, said:

None, DNF is the one and only.
BTW, GB is the only guy that could have pulled this off.

User is offline   LkMax 

View PostMr.Deviance, on 24 May 2011 - 05:15 AM, said:

Most definitely Half Life 2 Ep3 !

Damn, you was faster... I was just going post that.
(obvious answer anyway)

The funny thing is that EP3 is just an EPISODE, not a full game! :)

This post has been edited by LkMax: 24 May 2011 - 06:45 AM

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

They keep saying EP3 is in production but I don't believe that.

I think they are going straight to HL3.

User is offline   Trent 

They've also recently said that they've given up on the "episode" format. I assume they'll call it something like Half-Life: The One With The Boat now.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

The original Prey was a bit of a long winded development underdog, and was even started off by 3D Realms. To some extent, this applies to the upcoming Prey 2 as well.

View PostMicky C, on 25 May 2011 - 02:31 AM, said:

The original Prey was a bit of a long winded development underdog, and was even started off by 3D Realms. To some extent, this applies to the upcoming Prey 2 as well.

Almost nobody is waiting for Prey 2 so that's definitely not a great contender of longest game dev time.
To win in this game you need to announce a game and keep delaying it for many years, not to suddenly announce that it's going to be released soon after you haven't spoken anything about it in the last 10 years.
If total conversion mods would also be allowed in this competition, I would have also mentioned Black Mesa Source which has also been delayed and in development since many years.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 25 May 2011 - 02:57 AM

User is offline   Doctalen 

Half life 3 or Diablo 3?

View PostDoctalen, on 25 May 2011 - 02:55 AM, said:

Half life 3 or Diablo 3?

Half life 3 hasn't been announced until now and Diablo III is following it's beta schedule.
So neither qualify for this chart.

Carmageddon 4

View PostSinisterambo, on 25 May 2011 - 03:03 AM, said:

Carmageddon 4

Carmageddon 4 hasn't had a life of delays either. It has been announced some time in the past and officially canceled some years later.
Nobody was in the hot chair waiting for more media on Carmageddon 4.
I definitely don't see how Carmageddon 4 can qualify in this chart unless it gets announced in 6 days and then gets delayed for 15 more years like DNF did...
When development was canceled on carmgeddon 4, the devs were pretty specific about it and didn't go for ifs and maybes.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 25 May 2011 - 03:09 AM

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

I would have said MDK 3, but then I saw this.

Final fantasy versus 13 has been in developement for quite a long time, not as long as DNF :) But i think it's about halfways now o.O

• Honored Donor

I'd say Duke Nukem Reloaded is going to be the next DNF Posted Image when was the last time we heard anything about that? I thought they promised a muiltiplayer demo or something within a few months, and those few months have been already.

User is offline   Frederik Schreiber 

• Slipgate Studios

You should check our forum more often.

We are part of the Gearbox Duke Nukem Brand strategy.
For obvious reasons, we are not allowed to share media atm.

Its Duke Nukem Forevers time to shine! :)

User is offline   Johnny 

I think Duke Nukem 5!

This post has been edited by Johnny: 25 May 2011 - 05:59 AM

User is offline   zwieback 

duke begins

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostMicky C, on 25 May 2011 - 04:49 AM, said:

I'd say Duke Nukem Reloaded is going to be the next DNF Posted Image when was the last time we heard anything about that? I thought they promised a muiltiplayer demo or something within a few months, and those few months have been already.

Don't be silly. Nobody's looking forward to that :).

Max Payne 3!

User is offline   Mad Max RW 

View PostSinisterambo, on 25 May 2011 - 03:03 AM, said:

Carmageddon 4

http://www.carmageddon.com/ Uh oh

Gotta vote for Half Life 2 Episode 3. Gabe Newell recently announced they gave up on the Episode thing, and it was leaked Arkane Studios was developing Episode 4 for almost a year before Valve put an end to it.

Aliens: Colonial Marines can easily win, though. It's been in some form of development since 2001, canceled, then Gearbox was hired on by Sega after the license changed hands a few times. We haven't seen anything in almost three years now except a few pre-rendered "screenshots" never meant for public consumption. I hope it's canceled again just to see the fan outrage.

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostMad Max RW, on 25 May 2011 - 06:43 AM, said:

http://www.carmageddon.com/ Uh oh

Gotta vote for Half Life 2 Episode 3. Gabe Newell recently announced they gave up on the Episode thing, and it was leaked Arkane Studios was developing Episode 4 for almost a year before Valve put an end to it.

Aliens: Colonial Marines can easily win, though. It's been in some form of development since 2001, canceled, then Gearbox was hired on by Sega after the license changed hands a few times. We haven't seen anything in almost three years now except a few pre-rendered "screenshots" never meant for public consumption. I hope it's canceled again just to see the fan outrage.

Aliens sounds like a good contender, as do a few other titles here.

Oh and @ Mr Deviance...mods can be contenders too, so Black Mesa Source can be entered as well.

View PostMad Max RW, on 25 May 2011 - 06:43 AM, said:

HOLY MOTHERFU***JG‚@@@ A NEW CARMAGEDDON?

i can't tell how many hours i played that game. It was epic.

speaking of games that should have a sequel: how about battlezone3? :)

I'm gonna agree with Deviance and say Half-Life E3 :)

View Postzwieback, on 25 May 2011 - 11:11 AM, said:

Damn right, I loved them all even the bastard child TDR2000. Such a great community back then.

This isn't public knowledge yet, but Stainless Games (the creator and developer of Carmageddon 1 and 2) is behind the next one.

User is offline   Sebastian 

View PostMad Max RW, on 25 May 2011 - 02:50 PM, said:

Damn right, I loved them all even the bastard child TDR2000. Such a great community back then.

This isn't public knowledge yet, but Stainless Games (the creator and developer of Carmageddon 1 and 2) is behind the next one.

Where did you hear that? I'd like a source!

Searching for who owns the carmageddon.com domain brings this up:

Carmageddon.com
Driving Game IP Ltd (DRIVINGG122)
Homestead Cottage, Caulbourne Lane
Yarmouth, Isle of Wight, PO41 0TZ
GB

Name & Registered Office:
DRIVING GAME IP LTD
3 GARFIELD ROAD
RYDE
ISLE OF WIGHT
PO33 2PS
Company No. 07177610

Name & Registered Office:
STAINLESS GAMES LIMITED
3 GARFIELD ROAD
RYDE
ISLE OF WIGHT
PO33 2PS
Company No. 04297229

Note, this was added literally in the last 24 hours. It was previously only tied to Square Enix in London.

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View Postzwieback, on 25 May 2011 - 11:11 AM, said:

speaking of games that should have a sequel: how about battlezone3? :)
Lol, again this isn't for games that deserve sequels, but for games that have taken a very long time and multiple development delays and still haven't come out yuet, becoming almost vaporware by now.

• Honored Donor

View Postfresch, on 25 May 2011 - 05:48 AM, said:

You should check our forum more often.

We are part of the Gearbox Duke Nukem Brand strategy.
For obvious reasons, we are not allowed to share media atm.

Its Duke Nukem Forevers time to shine! :)

Yeah I'll admit I haven't been keeping up to date on your forum, so my bad. Good luck with the rest of it though.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options