• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

IT's DONE!

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

View PostLuther Blissett, on 24 May 2011 - 09:20 AM, said:

Yeah can't wait!! I ll be an astronaut!

Wait fuck. I m too old too apply? Fuuuu :)

Maybe you can sue 3DR for destroying your dream of becoming an astronaut?

User is offline   Montykoro 

View Postkaisersoze, on 24 May 2011 - 05:22 AM, said:

Holy shit.

Cranking to this right now: couldn't be a better song:

GONE GOLD BABY!!

We did it guys. We stuck together. All these years together on one hell of a journey.

This is the song!!!!! Im so Hapy Always bet on duke....

Pre-ordered the PC version today, without knowing this!

This makes me happy! :)

Harold Camping was right... he was just off by a couple days.

Posted Image

RAPTURE!!!!!

View PostMikko_Sandt, on 24 May 2011 - 10:59 AM, said:

Maybe you can sue 3DR for destroying your dream of becoming an astronaut?

In a couple months, nobody can be an astronaut. Shuttle fleet is being scrubbed. :)

This post has been edited by wayskobfssae: 24 May 2011 - 01:18 PM

User is offline   Shawneth 

America have been doing the unbelievable, killing Osama, cutting off the space station, and releasing Duke Nukem Forever?

DAMN THAT'S COOL

View Postferran275, on 24 May 2011 - 07:52 AM, said:

ggggggGGGGGGGGGaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FIFTEEN FUCKING YEARS!!!!! WE MADE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is the happiest day of my life, but I think soon I will have a new happiest! XD

OMFG HOLY SHITBALLS COCK EXPLLLLLLLLLLOSION!!!!!!!!!!

Damn, I envy your ability to be this excited. I've been waiting for this since 15 years too and I've always imagined that on the day when DNF goes gold, I will be mega hyped, posting lots of excited stuff like this over at the 3drealms forums.
For some reason, to me, celebrating such news on the 3drealms forums was 1000 times better than anywhere else.
I see this forum as a fan community and I see the Greabox forums as a 3dr wannabe forum that's controlled by communist dictators.
I always saw the 3dr forums as the old school home of Duke Nukem and of 3dr itself which is a company that I truly respect to this day for all the cool stuff that has come out of their hands.
To me, those forums had the proper mood, the proper theme and offered an induced idea that I am in the true house of Duke Nukem and it's creators.
That forum has a certain ambient that made me slightly more hyped about the game than I am now...

So DNF is gold today and instead of being among thousands of posters that are mega hyped cheering in a topic over at 3dr, I am here now, in the last resort for true duke fans that were willing to wait 15 more years for it to come! I am here with no more power to cheer and with no more excitement left inside me.
I feel that I have reached the end of my strength and instead of jumping around and exploding fire crackers to mark this glorious event, I feel drained of life and of any fuel for cheers.
The 3dr forum is dead, the huge crowds that were cheering and spamming that forum back at the 2007 teaser, are gone and I feel that the last electricity generator is about to fail on us and leave us locked inside a dark room filled with all the precious gold in the world!

What I'm saying may not make sense to everybody, but the people that were on that forum when the 2001 trailer and the 2007 teaser came out, know exactly what I'm talking about.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 24 May 2011 - 02:49 PM

View Postferran275, on 24 May 2011 - 07:52 AM, said:

ggggggGGGGGGGGGaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FIFTEEN FUCKING YEARS!!!!! WE MADE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is the happiest day of my life, but I think soon I will have a new happiest! XD

OMFG HOLY SHITBALLS COCK EXPLLLLLLLLLLOSION!!!!!!!!!!

I'm out of positive votes to +1 your post,

but my God,

I commend you good sir.

User is offline   ferran275 

View PostEARTH DEFENCE FORCES, on 24 May 2011 - 02:49 PM, said:

I'm out of positive votes to +1 your post,

but my God,

I commend you good sir.

lol, got a lil excited :)

and Deviance, as I do agree, since I've been waiting anxiously this whole time as well. I started feeling that way this morning when I first heard, but that frustration turned to excitement real fast when I realized that I would ACTUALLY BE PLAYING THIS FUCKING THING AFTER ALL THIS TIME. I'm just gonna let the hate go, I'm done with that, I'm just gonna play this game and enjoy the hell out of it.

User is offline   ferran275 

View Postwayskobfssae, on 24 May 2011 - 01:14 PM, said:

Harold Camping was right... he was just off by a couple days.

Posted Image

RAPTURE!!!!!

also I think its really funny that someone downvoted your post, we must have some crazy religious people up in here :)

User is offline   UglyNacho 

View PostMr.Deviance, on 24 May 2011 - 02:26 PM, said:

Damn, I envy your ability to be this excited. I've been waiting for this since 15 years too and I've always imagined that on the day when DNF goes gold, I will be mega hyped, posting lots of excited stuff like this over at the 3drealms forums.
For some reason, to me, celebrating such news on the 3drealms forums was 1000 times better than anywhere else.
I see this forum as a fan community and I see the Greabox forums as a 3dr wannabe forum that's controlled by communist dictators.
I always saw the 3dr forums as the old school home of Duke Nukem and of 3dr itself which is a company that I truly respect to this day for all the cool stuff that has come out of their hands.
To me, those forums had the proper mood, the proper theme and offered an induced idea that I am in the true house of Duke Nukem and it's creators.
That forum has a certain ambient that made me slightly more hyped about the game than I am now...

So DNF is gold today and instead of being among thousands of posters that are mega hyped cheering in a topic over at 3dr, I am here now, in the last resort for true duke fans that were willing to wait 15 more years for it to come! I am here with no more power to cheer and with no more excitement left inside me.
I feel that I have reached the end of my strength and instead of jumping around and exploding fire crackers to mark this glorious event, I feel drained of life and of any fuel for cheers.
The 3dr forum is dead, the huge crowds that were cheering and spamming that forum back at the 2007 teaser, are gone and I feel that the last electricity generator is about to fail on us and leave us locked inside a dark room filled with all the precious gold in the world!

What I'm saying may not make sense to everybody, but the people that were on that forum when the 2001 trailer and the 2007 teaser came out, know exactly what I'm talking about.

Wow... I feel EXACTLY the same way. Your post was spot on with the way I feel about this whole situation. Well, the game is coming out, and I'm happy about that. Just not as happy as I would have been if 3DRealms finished what they started. 3DR always had a nice way to make every bit of DNF media mind-blowing and exciting. :)

Makes sense to me and I kinda know what you mean, though I attribute the amount of energy I have to a more generalized impact of what life has done since then, rather than disappointment over 3DR's closure or anything like that.

User is online   Outtagum 

I understand where you are coming from Deviance.

We've gotten tons of info and footage over these past few months that "IT'S DONE!" isn't surprising. :D

The 2007 teaser certainly was exciting. The 2009 layoffs were defiantly not. :)

I felt excitement during the announcement at PAX in September.

Getting the new trailer along with an actual release date (even though it ended up delayed) was great, but it actually took a while for my excitement to build.

I don't think I'm going to feel really pumped until next week when we get the demo. :(

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View Postoporix, on 24 May 2011 - 01:42 PM, said:

cutting off the space station

I know you were joking, but how exactly has the space station been cut off? There are still ships being sent to the station from Russia. International effort dontchaknow? Posted ImagePosted Image

User is offline   DN4EVR 

Some in here need to lay off the valium and xanax and cheer up already....Duke is gone GOLD! :D :( :)

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

So it wasn't the end of the 'world' after all! They must have meant 'word'!
The word 'when' has been nuked!
Now that changes everything!

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostDN4EVR, on 24 May 2011 - 05:49 AM, said:

Destroy the unbeliever! *points and hisses*

Hey I'm not saying that it isn't great news, I'm just pointing out that we're still just over two weeks from playing the game. It's not like we can play the demo yet or anything. Nothing has physically changed that directly affects us. But it's still great news :)

User is offline   Montykoro 

I understand you 100%, I remember the day that showed the small image of Duke in "Gamasutra. " It was the first time I saw something of DNF since 2001. That day my heart jumping, then with the teaser of 2007 was like WOW 2008, the game will be in my hands.

When in 2009 exploded all, I thought Duke was dead, but do not, the king had a surprise, the leaked documents, demo of people became unemployed and other media.

When George said he had a win / win as a solution and very creative, I thought of the great return of 3DR, but do not, Duke left his house and moved into their new home, Gearbox software. That day they closed the forums DNF in the 3DR site felt that an era died.

I felt joy to see Duke again, I am excited for PAX, but nothing would equal to be 1 more time 3DR forums open for DNF and George, Joe and Scott say: It's done!

I felt sad do not See no comment from GB via twitter, I sent him a tweet and then commented that the game was done ...

So good the game is done, and we will be able to play, but I miss the old days of 3DR ...

Stop crying about the past. You have to live now so just make the best out of it. Duke nukem forever is going to be released soon, not in 15 years. So forget about the past and be happy now.

This post has been edited by Jhect: 25 May 2011 - 04:39 AM

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

View PostMontykoro, on 25 May 2011 - 04:00 AM, said:

I felt joy to see Duke again, I am excited for PAX, but nothing would equal to be 1 more time 3DR forums open for DNF and George, Joe and Scott say: It's done!

I felt sad do not See no comment from GB via twitter, I sent him a tweet and then commented that the game was done ...

So good the game is done, and we will be able to play, but I miss the old days of 3DR ...

Can't say I regret anything. 3DR didn't get the job done. I also never really liked the 3DR forums - too many uninteresting fanboy topics while all the interesting topics got closed or censored. Funny how Duke3D seems a lot more vibrant here than it did at 3DR.

3DR deserves most of the credit for the game, of course. But still, I'm glad it turned out the way it did.

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostMicky C, on 25 May 2011 - 02:15 AM, said:

Hey I'm not saying that it isn't great news, I'm just pointing out that we're still just over two weeks from playing the game. It's not like we can play the demo yet or anything. Nothing has physically changed that directly affects us. But it's still great news :)

I shalt spare they thee,........for now. :D

:(

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

To all the persistent naysayers I say:

Posted Image

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 25 May 2011 - 06:43 AM

User is offline   ch108 

This'll be me tomorrow: Two Weeks

User is offline   Sebastian 

Can anyone hook me up with a good redux of Duke 3D's soundtrack? I'm gonna put it on my iPhone and play in my store on June 10th all day for the release of Duke Nukem Forever and I'd like something else besides just Grabbag.

Thanks.

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 25 May 2011 - 06:41 AM, said:

To all the persistent naysayers I say:

Posted Image

Do you have this motivational pic in a higher resolution? :)

View PostJobi-Wan Kenobi, on 26 May 2011 - 10:15 AM, said:

Do you have this motivational pic in a higher resolution? :)

Always about the graphics are'nt ya...........

:D

User is offline   DN4EVR 

View PostEARTH DEFENCE FORCES, on 26 May 2011 - 10:35 AM, said:

Always about the graphics are'nt ya...........

:)
It's all about the polygons, biatch! :D :D :(

User is offline   Sharpie 

Still in disbelief of how amazing and significant this milestone is. I will be creaming my pants on launch day.

Oh and Kaiser the song 14 years could not be more relevant to us fanboys and DNF. The lyrics are amazingly close to the whole Duke Nukem saga.

I try and feel the sunshine
You bring the rain
You try and hold me down
With your complaints
You cry and moan and complain
You whine an tear
Up to my neck in sorrow
The touch you bring
You just don't step inside to
14 years
So hard to keep my own head...
That's what I say
You know...I've been the beggar...
I've played the thief
I was the dog...they all tried to beat

But it's been
14 years of silence
It's been
14 years of pain
It's been
14 years that are gone forever
And I'll never have again

Your stupid girlfriends tell you
That I'm to blame
Well they're all used-up has-beens
Out of the game
This time I'll have the last word
You hear what I say
I tried to see it your way
It won't work today
You just don't step inside to
14 years
So hard to keep my own head...
That's what I say
You know...I've been the dealer...
Hangin' on your street
I was the dog...they all tried to beat

But it's been
14 years of silence
It's been
14 years of pain
It's been
14 years that are gone forever
And I'll never have again

Bullshit and contemplation
Gossip's their trade
If they knew half the real truth
What would they say
Well I'm past the point of concern
It's time to play
These last 4 years of madness
Sure put me straight
Don't get back 14 years
In just one day
So hard to keep my own head
Just go away
You know...just like a hooker she said
Nothin's for free
Oh I tried to see it your way
I tried to see it your way

Sorry for the long post but I think the lyrics are an entertaining read :)

This post has been edited by Sharpie: 27 May 2011 - 12:56 AM

View PostSebastian, on 26 May 2011 - 09:56 AM, said:

Can anyone hook me up with a good redux of Duke 3D's soundtrack? I'm gonna put it on my iPhone and play in my store on June 10th all day for the release of Duke Nukem Forever and I'd like something else besides just Grabbag.

Thanks.

Try ReDuked.
It sounds really great and stays true to the original.

View PostSharpie, on 27 May 2011 - 12:51 AM, said:

Still in disbelief of how amazing and significant this milestone is. I will be creaming my pants on launch day.

Oh and Kaiser the song 14 years could not be more relevant to us fanboys and DNF. The lyrics are amazingly close to the whole Duke Nukem saga.

I agree. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that it should be the credits song as opposed to an "emotional" remix of Grabbag. Or at least use it in a trailer.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options