Duke4.net Forums: Carmageddon 4 now officialy named Carmageddon Reincarnation - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Carmageddon 4 now officialy named Carmageddon Reincarnation

User is offline   Kyphros 

View Postwayskobfssae, on 04 June 2011 - 12:51 PM, said:

To the point that any custom skin automatically gets uploaded to other computers so all players can see it during multiplayer.

To the point that 3 days after the game's launch, your computer would try to get terabytes of data per second? No no no, that's dumb.

If there are custom skins, uploading on server join is enough.

This post has been edited by Kyphros: 26 June 2011 - 03:23 PM

View PostKyphros, on 26 June 2011 - 03:23 PM, said:

To the point that 3 days after the game's launch, your computer would try to get terabytes of data per second? No no no, that's dumb.

If there are custom skins, uploading on server join is enough.

Terrorbytes you say?
Jesus, maybe in 10 years time.

User is offline   Kyphros 

View PostEARTH DEFENCE FORCES, on 26 June 2011 - 03:39 PM, said:

Terrorbytes you say?
Jesus, maybe in 10 years time.

That was a tiny exaggeration, I agree. But anyway, all the custom skins ever would be too much.

This post has been edited by Kyphros: 26 June 2011 - 03:55 PM

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

View Postch108, on 27 May 2011 - 02:50 AM, said:

I think you just need this to launch the game with :nGlide

I'm not sure how well the original installers work off the CD's for C1 and 2. I remember being able to play C2 on W7 using Direct3D renderer, didn't run as well as the 3Dfx mode did though.

Thank you! NGlide along with dosbox to mount the C1 directory as well as to mount the cd or you get 'please insert carmageddon cd' error, and it's better than it ever played! And running the carm3dfx.bat, it looks awesome too!

This post has been edited by VinsaneOne: 18 July 2011 - 09:17 PM

View Postwayskobfssae, on 04 June 2011 - 01:08 PM, said:

I think Carmageddon 3 had a lot more modding than 1 & 2. Pretty sure the modelling files were more standard and easy to convert.

Maybe it had easier ways to mod it but it sure as hell didn't have more modding going on than 1 & 2 simply because the entire carmageddon community hates 3 because it's not made by Stainless and it doesn't have the same feeling.
Even Stainless openly hate tdr2000 which is falsely called carmageddon 3 by those that don't know the history.
Tdr2000 is the product of SCI's milking of the franchise.
When Stainless refused to make a third game, SCI kicked them out and confiscated their Carmageddon ip and had a new studio of noobs make a third game, which is unanimously accepted that it was a flaming piece of shit.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 06 August 2011 - 09:00 PM

User is offline   Mad Max RW 

It was easier to make cars for TDR2000 because all it required was a export/import plugin for 3d studio max and the included editor. Unfortunately, that's as far as it went. C2 was easier to modify everything from cars to maps to powerups, but the official editors were buggy as hell. Fan made editors weren't much better. Plagiarism among the GTA3 community ripping off the Carmageddon community was a huge problem as well. All of these factors made Carmageddon into more of a private exclusive club. The only communities I can think of that were more exclusive was for AvP and Fallout (before Bethesda's Fallout 3).

C2 has WAAAAAAAY more fan made addons than C1 and TDR2000 combined.

This post has been edited by Mad Max RW: 07 August 2011 - 08:17 AM

View PostMad Max RW, on 07 August 2011 - 08:15 AM, said:

It was easier to make cars for TDR2000 because all it required was a export/import plugin for 3d studio max and the included editor. Unfortunately, that's as far as it went. C2 was easier to modify everything from cars to maps to powerups, but the official editors were buggy as hell. Fan made editors weren't much better. Plagiarism among the GTA3 community ripping off the Carmageddon community was a huge problem as well. All of these factors made Carmageddon into more of a private exclusive club. The only communities I can think of that were more exclusive was for AvP and Fallout (before Bethesda's Fallout 3).

C2 has WAAAAAAAY more fan made addons than C1 and TDR2000 combined.

I also made cars for C2 back in the day so what this guy is saying is the truth!
I love the communities that like to port things from one game to the other.
There's a community that ports race tracks, cars and other stuff from Carmageddon 1 to Carmageddon 2 and then there's a community that ports tracks and cars from Carmageddon 2 to Carmageddon 1.
When I first learned how to make cars for carmageddon, I first started porting a car from tdr2000 back into carmageddon 2.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 03 September 2011 - 02:08 PM

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options